Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 04-05-2015, 15:13
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
I think I was right by you. Behind you maybe? First this tall girl (though I am pretty short) pushed directly in front of me, then during the end these dudes who I assume were drunk were completely crushing me. I tried to not let it ruin the amazingness though. Guy that got in the fight was next to me most of the show. I was in the second, then third row once people moved around. I had been under the impression that Manics fans were generally pretty tame, but it didn't seem so at The Metro.

Still the greatest concert experience of my life! Sad I only got to see them for one date, but I had to make a trip of that one. And I got to meet Nicky & James briefly at the end!
Were you wearing a blue top? If so, I was right behind you for almost the whole show - sorry that I got shoved into you so many times. It wasn't me.

People were a lot more aggressive this time. But then again, the crowd was so small that a handful of drunk douchebags seem like a bigger contingent than they actually were. I was hoping one of those guys at the end would drop his setlist while fighting about it so that I could grab it and run, but no luck.
Old 04-05-2015, 16:25
Born to end

No- I was wearing a black top with lace. Fortunately the only people who got smashed into me were the ones doing the smashing so it wasn't too bad overall.

I agree- the four rowdy people were really nothing in the spectrum of the entire crowd. It just seems worse when you're the one stuck next to all four of them at some point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgeneration View Post
Were you wearing a blue top? If so, I was right behind you for almost the whole show - sorry that I got shoved into you so many times. It wasn't me.

People were a lot more aggressive this time. But then again, the crowd was so small that a handful of drunk douchebags seem like a bigger contingent than they actually were. I was hoping one of those guys at the end would drop his setlist while fighting about it so that I could grab it and run, but no luck.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:25
Bored of being bored

It wasn't a fight. i was just trying to hold onto the setlist. Jesus.

Got one after that, anyway. All good. Told the guy I was sorry. did that really ruin all y'all's night? Damn.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:21
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2000 View Post
It wasn't a fight. i was just trying to hold onto the setlist. Jesus.

Got one after that, anyway. All good. Told the guy I was sorry. did that really ruin all y'all's night? Damn.
The set list altercation came far from ruining my night! Unless you count my slight sadness from not getting a set list - but that had nothing to do with what happened

Only thing close to ruining things for me was the pushy girl who totally blocked me right in the middle of the second set, plus the guys during ADFL. But if those were the worst things that happened, not bad.
I had a great spot in the crowd, I got a photo with Nicky, & my favorite band played my favorite album & then some. Those were my memories of the night!

Glad you got a set list in the end, btw!