Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 25-07-2010, 22:33
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
okay, I admit, today I just found a peacefull moment to read the newest Nicky's blog. and correct me if I'm wrong, but Nicky quotes one of famous Dylan Thomas' villanelle 'Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night' with the words 'Rage, rage against the dying of the light'. didn't Tennant quote the same line in The Shakespeare Code as well?
Yes but all this Doctor Who does is quote things, being deliberately overly derivative of popular culture because it's nervous the general public can not possibly take something seriously without having its current and insignificant obessions flattered in some way, or appreciate something vaguely intellectual like sci-fi or time travel without the inclusion of some crappy fart jokes or moral dilemma reminiscent of an episode of Eastenders or Coronation Street.

It aspires to nothing. I'd much prefer if Nicky was trying to write the next Philip K Dick novel than an episode of Doctor Who.
Old 26-07-2010, 17:26
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Boy View Post
They'll bend the rules whenever they think it's in their interests. Having a policy of not reading solicited scripts is just in place to allow them to ignore the ridiculous amount of crap they certainly get sent. That's why it's who you know that matters.
Actually the bbc do accept unsolicited scripts.Just as long as they are for original programmes. They have a whole department for it!
Old 27-07-2010, 23:06
I live to fall asleep

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Ah but there was a baddie in one of Tennant's Who eps called 'The Wire' (blatantly a tribute to Nicky) and they've used Manics songs on DW Confidential before. And it's filmed in Wales. So it MUST be true.
This really made me laugh.