Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-09-2021, 20:21
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Sucks being a Manics fan in the US.
Beside hardly ever getting to see them live (I think they've only toured the states a total of 3.5 times - ".5" is one they cut short and canceled).

But I haven't even been able to listen to the album yet.
Bought it from Rough Trade (they had the most reasonable shipping rates - since covid, international shipping has gone up something like 4x!), and it shipped the day before it was released TWO weeks ago, but tracking it, it hasn't even arrived in the states yet, much less to me.
And all the songs on youtube are made unavailable to watch in the States.

(though the couple songs I have hear do sound a bit over-produced and too "poppy" for my tastes - but that is de rigueur, I suppose)

Could you not buy it from a US store? Or did you want that 7”? Surely Amazon sells it?
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 23-09-2021, 20:48
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Beside hardly ever getting to see them live (I think they've only toured the states a total of 3.5 times - ".5" is one they cut short and canceled).

Bought it from Rough Trade (they had the most reasonable shipping rates - since covid, international shipping has gone up something like 4x!), and it shipped the day before it was released TWO weeks ago, but tracking it, it hasn't even arrived in the states yet, much less to me.

(though the couple songs I have hear do sound a bit over-produced and too "poppy" for my tastes - but that is de rigueur, I suppose)
Canada has it a little better. The record company has a different licensing deal here. The iTunes version dropped around 10 pm my time on Sept. 9. I am still waiting for my physical signed insert CD to arrive. I guess Amazon UK uses Australia Global or something to send international packages. My tracking shows it is to arrive today, but I doubt it. I could not justify the 30 pounds shipping and handling for the signed deluxe CD. The album would be in the $80 range. With the CD cost minus the VAT and the around 8 pounds shipping, it was around 22 pounds.

Canada's Amazon had it originally listed at around $50 but it won't ship til October 15. Now it is about $28 CAD. Must be a sale. Have seen some decent prices at the US Amazon site.

Some videos are also not available, but the official ones for the album are avaible on Youtube here. I have listened to some of the official audio ones.
Old 23-09-2021, 21:01
Builder of routine

Quote:

VPN set to UK will let you watch the YouTube vids
Old 23-09-2021, 21:22
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Could you not buy it from a US store? Or did you want that 7”? Surely Amazon sells it?
Nope, no domestic sellers. Not yet, anyway.
Old 23-09-2021, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post

It’s The Holy Grail for 55-year-olds.
We already have that! ...kinda.

I mean, (besides the "book" packaging) I don't know what another deluxe edition could add that's not already on this...

Disc One
1-1 1985 4:09
1-2 The Love Of Richard Nixon 3:39
1-3 Empty Souls 4:05
1-4 A Song For Departure 4:20
1-5 I Live To Fall Asleep 3:58
1-6 To Repel Ghosts 3:59
1-7 Emily 3:35
1-8 Glasnost 3:15
1-9 Always / Never 3:42
1-10 Solitude Sometimes Is 3:22
1-11 Fragments 4:03
1-12 Cardiff Afterlife 3:27
1-13 The Soulmates 3:45
1-14 Antarctic 3:05
Disc Two (Bonus Disc)
2-1 Automatik Teknicolour 3:40
2-2 It's All Gone 4:06
2-3 Unstoppable Salvation 2:54
2-4 Happy Ending 3:28
2-5 Everyone Knows / Nobody Cares 4:12
2-6 Everything Will Be 5:09
2-7 Askew Road 2:59
2-8 Quarantine (In My Place Of) 3:52
2-9 Voodoo Polaroids 3:56
2-10 All Alone Here 3:19
2-11 No Jubilees 3:44
2-12 Litany 3:33
2-13 Dying Breeds 4:03
2-14 Failure Bound 2:56
2-15 There By The Grace Of God (Saint Etienne Mix) 5:05
2-16 There By The Grace Of God (Starecase Mix) 4:57
2-17 La Tristessa Durera (Scream To A Sigh) (Live) 3:54
2-18 From Despair To Where (Live) 3:42
Old 23-09-2021, 22:12
Freed from the century

I'd love to add the Japanese Lifeblood release to my collection but I would rather have another Lipstick Traces as we're missing a few vinyl, download and Japanese only tracks from post LT releases.

They could have the National Treasures O2 gig as a bonus disc.
Old 23-09-2021, 22:43
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Have you all taken a screenshot of the band at number one? (Done on this and my Smartphone)
You have eighteen hours (at time of posting) to make sure

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/
Old 24-09-2021, 00:51

Quote:
I mean, (besides the "book" packaging) I don't know what another deluxe edition could add that's not already on this...
TBTGOG, 4Ever Delayed, Motorcycle Emptiness 2003 Mix, God Save the Manics EP, demos and alt. mixes. There's a potential 3CD version that's up there with the best Manics things ever.
We won't get it, of course, it's their worst performing album (appearing in HMV for £1.99 only a couple of years after release) and the absolute best Sony would manage is a repeat of the Japanese one, but it's a lovely thought that such a thing could exist out there, somewhere, one day.
Old 24-09-2021, 10:09
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlDebris View Post
TBTGOG, 4Ever Delayed, Motorcycle Emptiness 2003 Mix, God Save the Manics EP, demos and alt. mixes.
Also "Door to the River" (if the KYE reissue doesn't snag it), "The Instrumental", the Maida Vale session... We already know the demos and alternative Visconti mixes exist as well so it's not just theoretical either.

And on the more wishful thinking side of things there's the original live version of "Everything Will Be", the live version of TBTGOG with strings and sod it, let's throw in the officially unreleased untitled instrumental off the SATT era in this package as well (given the SATT anniversary had "Leviathan" that's technically closer to this period) given it's sonically closer to this than its 'parent' album.

There's a lot you could do with a lush Lifeblood box set.
Old 24-09-2021, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntlDebris View Post
TBTGOG, 4Ever Delayed, Motorcycle Emptiness 2003 Mix, God Save the Manics EP, demos and alt. mixes. There's a potential 3CD version that's up there with the best Manics things ever.
We won't get it, of course, it's their worst performing album (appearing in HMV for £1.99 only a couple of years after release) and the absolute best Sony would manage is a repeat of the Japanese one, but it's a lovely thought that such a thing could exist out there, somewhere, one day.
Most of those are from before Lifeblood, and may show up on the KYE re-issue. The God Save the Manics songs are on the Japanese Lipstick Traces - so if they manage to do a "deluxe" version of LT (they won't), it'll be on that.
Old 24-09-2021, 18:29
Winterlover

Quote:
The God Save the Manics songs are on the Japanese Lipstick Traces - so if they manage to do a "deluxe" version of LT (they won't), it'll be on that.
Which makes no sense given God Save the Manics came out a few years after LT and the EP is 99% certain mean to have been the b-sides for the 3rd Lifeblood single that never came. I'd be willing to be they would be bundled with a Lifeblood reissue, and it's the Japanese Lipstick Traces that's being the odd one here.

I'd also say that it would make a lot more sense to include TBTGOG, Forever Delayed etc on a Lifeblood reissue because 1) they're clear sonical precursors to the album and 2) if we want to draw any lines towards the Japanese reissues, the b-sides are already on the Lifeblood reissue. It wouldn't be the first time either that the Western reissues have had some creative time period tinkering, as "Leviathan" is on the SATT reissue.

That said, I am quite certain we'll end up getting TBTGOG and its b-sides with the KYE reissue (if it happens) given "Door to the River" is a common link there, unless they really are just going to do some sort of a weird 2-album tracklist with the b-sides and unreleased songs tacked into the bodies of the two new albums - in which case TBTGOG etc will probably be skipped. But I think sonically they're much more linked in with what came after, rather than before.
Old 26-09-2021, 16:26
Stretched out in the sun

Yup…still a FMF at heart.
Old 27-09-2021, 03:10
Bored of being bored

Now I want that too. Can’t understand why HMV only ships in the UK & Ireland.
Old 27-09-2021, 04:33
Stretched out in the sun

They used to ship to Canada. Back in the 90s, they shipped internationally and also sent out an expensive catalog of what was available.
Old 27-09-2021, 05:05
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
They used to ship to Canada. Back in the 90s, they shipped internationally and also sent out an expensive catalog of what was available.
HMV is owned by a Canadian guy now too so would have thought they would continue shipping there but maybe it's not financially viable or something. Grateful that he took the helm anyways as we might have lost HMV altogether on the high street otherwise.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)