Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-06-2021, 16:49
Doors slowly closing

It’s To Repel Ghosts all over again…

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 02-06-2021, 18:01
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
It’s To Repel Ghosts all over again…
I thought exactly the same thing
Old 07-06-2021, 18:18
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Sportsman's bet.
What do you think the next track we'll hear off the album will be?
I would wager the oil, military and GDP of the UK (if was in possession of such power) on Quest For Ancient Colour being the next thing.

Apologies for heart attack of thread bounce as it's more speculative than information.
And once again that lingering suspicion I've already made a post like this before.
Old 07-06-2021, 19:02
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Sportsman's bet.
What do you think the next track we'll hear off the album will be?
I would wager the oil, military and GDP of the UK (if was in possession of such power) on Quest For Ancient Colour being the next thing.

Apologies for heart attack of thread bounce as it's more speculative than information.
And once again that lingering suspicion I've already made a post like this before.
Speculation can be fun Here are my completely unfounded guesses:

It might be ‘Complicated Illusions’ given that we got that clip on the socials being played on my old Technics record player… .

Or it could be ‘The Secret He Had Missed’ because they like to release their duets, and it’s track 3 and they tend to put the singles/focus tracks (ugh) towards the beginning.

I have a sneaky feeling that ‘Don’t Let the Night Divide Us’ might be another contender, sounds upbeat, gives me slight vibes of JDB’s excellent B-side ‘I Never Wanted Sunshine’ from what little we’ve heard so far (anyone who hasn’t heard INWS go listen to it right now!(YouTube link)).

Other than those last two, Orwellian, Diapause, Blank Diary Entry and one other track (no words so difficult to identify) are recognisably in the album trailer, if that is any clue, which means we have heard at least part of 6 or 7 tracks.

1. Still Snowing In Sapporo (?)
2. Orwellian - released and trailer clips
3. The Secret He Had Missed - trailer clip
4. Quest For Ancient Colour (?)
5. Don’t Let the Night Divide Us - trailer clip
6. Diapause - trailer clip
7. Complicated Illusions - social media clip (possibly the unidentified track in the trailer too though?)
8. Into The Waves of Love (?)
9. Blank Diary Entry - trailer clip
10. Happy Bored Alone - (?)
11. Afterending - (?)

So it seems we haven’t heard anything at all of 4 tracks, maybe 5. I would guess the next thing we hear will be one of the ones that is in the trailer. But who knows?! Well, the band probably do I suppose.

---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---

Last edited by Porco; 07-06-2021 at 19:06.
Old 07-06-2021, 19:36
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

My bet is on Don't Let the Night Divide Us. Sounds catchy and it's a killer track title if not even a better album title..

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 07-06-2021, 20:50
Builder of routine

Quote:
Other than those last two, Orwellian, Diapause, Blank Diary Entry and one other track (no words so difficult to identify) are recognisably in the album trailer, if that is any clue, which means we have heard at least part of 6 or 7 tracks.

1. Still Snowing In Sapporo (?)
2. Orwellian - released and trailer clips
3. The Secret He Had Missed - trailer clip
4. Quest For Ancient Colour (?)
5. Don’t Let the Night Divide Us - trailer clip
6. Diapause - trailer clip
7. Complicated Illusions - social media clip (possibly the unidentified track in the trailer too though?)
8. Into The Waves of Love (?)
9. Blank Diary Entry - trailer clip
10. Happy Bored Alone - (?)
11. Afterending - (?)
Thanks, Porco, I deleted the booklet a few pages in. Has a time stamp for which song is which in the video been transcribed on here?
I thought the first thing was Still Snowing In Sapporo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
My bet is on Don't Let the Night Divide Us. Sounds catchy and it's a killer track title if not even a better album title..
Would need a different cover! It looks hilarious in my mind that title in the lettering with the TUVL cover.
I was going to say maybe the album's more reflective than rousing. But Orwellian is very looking outwards. I've still only heard one song like the rest of us so far.
The waiting continues. Orwellian getting good radio play.
It obviously isn't going to be a 6Music album unless they pop up as guests on that station before release.
Thats noticeable with Orwellian.
Old 07-06-2021, 21:28
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Thanks, Porco, I deleted the booklet a few pages in. Has a time stamp for which song is which in the video been transcribed on here?
I thought the first thing was Still Snowing In Sapporo!
Not sure if this has been done already, but here we go:

Album Trailer link reminder:
https://youtu.be/Lg2HrqFsz14

Approx min:secs
0:10 - 0:18 - Orwellian
0:30 - 0:50 - Diapause (“Is this just the beginning?”)
0:57 - 1:14 - The Secret He Had Missed (Boredom your biggest enemy…”)
1:27 - 1:43 - Orwellian
1:45 - 1:58 - ??? (“Aohhh-aohhh-aohhh-ahhhhh….”)
2:02 - 2:10 - Blank Diary Entry (“In a garden full of locusts…”)
2:19 - 2:56 - Don’t Let the Night Divide Us (“Don’t let those boys from Eton…”)

The rest is ambient noise that may or not be made of heavily distorted/manipulated audio of the same tracks or others, or custom audio for the trailer.

Old 07-06-2021, 22:07
Builder of routine

Thank you!
Old 08-06-2021, 18:28
Stretched out in the sun

Kieran Evans has just posted a couple of new images on Twitter, possible teases for a video of some sort?
Old 08-06-2021, 21:30
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richey View Post
Kieran Evans has just posted a couple of new images on Twitter, possible teases for a video of some sort?
Getting a better video instead of lyric video should get the next phase of promotion going.
Enjoying being unable to watch live TV. So no idea which channels would play it.
Orwellian as a video. Could even play a clip of it on The One Show hopefully?
If all the videos from this album are going to be that sort of computer animation. Not life-like, but that wiry basic shape. I'd like that but don't know. That was just wishes.
And it's probably some incredibly basic but sophisticated production planning software, normally used to plan how shots get filmed irl that's used in the video as well.
Old 08-06-2021, 21:48
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
If all the videos from this album are going to be that sort of computer animation. Not life-like, but that wiry basic shape. I'd like that but don't know. That was just wishes.
Nicky Wireframe…

Old 09-06-2021, 08:29
Desire on its knees

half drafted a post yesterday about the surprising lack of an Orwellian video - the boys are usually pretty hot on these things.

suppose it's most likely the official video that's coming, but guess there's also the odd chance it could be another track and visualiser / lyric vid maybe? possibly Orwellian was just the preview track, and we're going to get the full blown lead single with video and b-sides? there's so much time to go until September, there's got to be a steady roll out of "content" between now and then, surely?
Old 09-06-2021, 09:05
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone, somewhere, soon View Post
half drafted a post yesterday about the surprising lack of an Orwellian video - the boys are usually pretty hot on these things.

suppose it's most likely the official video that's coming, but guess there's also the odd chance it could be another track and visualiser / lyric vid maybe? possibly Orwellian was just the preview track, and we're going to get the full blown lead single with video and b-sides? there's so much time to go until September, there's got to be a steady roll out of "content" between now and then, surely?
Oh when I made that post night I did think about possibly recording b-sides. But didn't want to jinx it. So the band are finishing off KYE20, recording b-sides, rehearsing for live shows and having family time until further notice.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:05
Doors slowly closing

New Orwellian “oh shit we need a video” video https://youtu.be/bzSYaCeWvFM
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 10-06-2021, 07:35
Bored of being bored

Well that was disappointing. I really wish they would choose pretty much anyone else to direct their videos. Couldn't they at least have maybe performed a bit of the song?