Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 30-12-2010, 23:12
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
I want to see James post Nicky into a post box. Or to have the band hiding inside post boxes and standing in various parts of Cardiff waiting for unsuspecting passersby to post letters before shouting "Boo!" and running away.
That's the best treatment ever! If another band did it, it wouldn't be as good. And the band have an infrared camera on them inside the postbox.
If Blur did it everyone would be celebrating their genius, but if the Manics did it everyone (apart from us) would be going "What the bloody hell are these people up to? Their 40!" etc...
Old 30-12-2010, 23:18
Under neon loneliness

With them walking into the sea off Barry Island at the end before the camera focuses on Nessa from Gavin and Stacey painted as a living statue muttering "Tidy" under her breath. The final shot is a postcard dropped into her bowler hat by a mysterious person who may or may not be Richey.
Old 30-12-2010, 23:28
I live to fall asleep

If they seriously send their homemade video that was on the official website as their official music video it will get exactly ZERO plays. It's nice to see for fans as a little something different but as a means to promote the song on music channels? It'd get laughed at and not shown a single time. Let's face it though, it'll probably have less a budget then SKON did unless Sony think a new single will push sales somemore so will pump some money into this single, which they SHOULD DO!!!
Old 30-12-2010, 23:34
Knowlede Is Power

Budget should not matter one jot.
What's needed is a bit of imagination
Come on boys don't let us down!
Old 30-12-2010, 23:37
Stretched out in the sun

There's no where to go but up! A really good video for a good song.
Old 30-12-2010, 23:43
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
A really good video for a good song.

Don't be greedy
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 30-12-2010, 23:46
Stretched out in the sun

I like the sweet things in life. Greed is good.
Old 31-12-2010, 02:36
Bored of being bored

The cheapest possible thing they could do would be to use the footage from the Hammersmith gig (assuming of course it doesn't belong to Channel 4 & they want a million quid for it). Steal a camera & spend an hour doing some insert shots of throwing some rock shapes in a hastily lit room if needs be. Some quick edits & hey presto, a visceral performance video that's as cheap as your mum, all done in one day.

I would seriously give up on them doing a video they had to work at, or even be in for more than 5 seconds. They seem to hate it.
Old 31-12-2010, 10:44
I am purity, they call me perverted

Top 5 Primal Scream songs 1-velocity girl 2-gentle tuesday 3-come together 4-ivy ivy ivy 5-stuka Xx

RT: huwstephens new years eve eve. Best night ever was watching @manicspostcards in Cardiff Stadium

''I'm as out of date as video+/ My point of view seems increasingly detatched''

Do you guys think the Wire got an iPhone for Christmas? His normal text messages are now coming from an iPhone and he's even retweeting stuff!

Facebook / Last.fm / Twitter / Tumblr
Old 31-12-2010, 10:45
Winterlover

So did someone get an iphone for christmas? And retweeting no less last night - does this mean Nicky Wires daliance with twitter may yet become an interactive experience?

EDIT: erm, snap
Old 31-12-2010, 10:49
Doors slowly closing

The PFAYM video should be a homage to that scene in Amelie where the garden gnome goes on a world tour. Sean plays the role of the gnome and sends pictures of himself in front of various landmarks to Nicky and James. And then Audrey Tatou makes a cameo appearance at the end.
Old 31-12-2010, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
So did someone get an iphone for christmas? And retweeting no less last night - does this mean Nicky Wires daliance with twitter may yet become an interactive experience?

EDIT: erm, snap
Haha! The mind boggles, eh?

Old 31-12-2010, 11:50
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmacy View Post

''I'm as out of date as video+/ My point of view seems increasingly detatched''

Is this a cover? A lyric for a new b-side? Or a preview of "70 Songs Of Failure And Hatred" (or whatever they are calling it)
Old 31-12-2010, 11:59
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmacy View Post

Do you guys think the Wire got an iPhone for Christmas? His normal text messages are now coming from an iPhone and he's even retweeting stuff!
if you check some older posts there is one or two retweeted as well
Old 31-12-2010, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
if you check some older posts there is one or two retweeted as well
Yeah, I know. At the time I thought it was Sean or someone else from their crew (like whoever it was who did all the Tweets about the Hammersmith gig)... it was just strange cos yesterday it went along with such a flood of tweets from Nicky himself.