Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-08-2014, 12:49
I am purity, they call me perverted

My parents showed a vague interest in the popular years - always remember Dad coming into my bedroom to borrow TIMTTMY when pulling together a mixtape for his work van (shockingly illegal practice, I don't condone).

My sister's great loves - two years older than me - were boybands, Bon Jovi and Bryan Adams, so some of the more poppier/AOR material appealed when I was first playing them, particularly GATS. However, she has stuck with them and was with me for the Leeds gig in March. She also buys all of the albums when they're out - big fan of Futurology too.

My wife...she puts up with me going on about them so often and does feign disinterest...but you can tell she takes it all in! It'll make people cringe on here but SATT is a big car favourite with her due to big choruses etc. I tend to drag her along to gigs too and over the course of time she's got more familiar with the standards (ME, YLU, etc.)

She accepts how important they are to me and is often surprised when I list her before MSP when talking about my favourite things. It does happen on occasion.

As for the twins we're expecting in Feb, I'm not sure they're going to have much say in the matter!

My Truthnuggets!
Old 12-08-2014, 13:25
I am purity, they call me perverted

My mum thinks that James looks shifty and has suggested he may be responsible for Richey's disappearance