Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-02-2018, 23:52
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I find it incredible that such a fundamental bit of information has been wrong all this time. Can't imagine what a gut punch that must've been to realise.
It does seem incredible. You'd think the police would have picked up/checked such detail even though you can see how on the face of it it seemed the right conclusion because presumably it had the date on and he was seen to have left the hotel at 7 that morning....that of course may no longer be correct? Unless he left the hotel in the middle of the night, returned and left again.

I don't know how it can help at this stage apart from showing it's still possible to uncover something factual after all this time which must offer hope but it's information that may, may have proved more helpful back at the time and that as you say must have been a heavy blow
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Old 12-02-2018, 16:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
It does seem incredible. You'd think the police would have picked up/checked such detail
Don't forget though that this was 1995, and a missing adult was presumed to be able to make their own choice. A man with a similar psychiatric history to Richey, going missing now, would be a different priority. (Source, a friend of my husband went missing about five years ago, sadly his body was found.)
Old 12-02-2018, 18:29
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Angel View Post
Don't forget though that this was 1995, and a missing adult was presumed to be able to make their own choice. A man with a similar psychiatric history to Richey, going missing now, would be a different priority. (Source, a friend of my husband went missing about five years ago, sadly his body was found.)
He was classed as a 'vulnerable adult' by the police at the time though it does seem fair to say that the process the police adopt today has improved. Looking back I do wonder if the police were a little too distracted by the 'rock star' label that maybe hindered the process. And although it wasn't immediately made public once it was maybe that brought too much noise so to speak, more hindrance than maybe the help you'd expect ..... But yes today understanding has maybe improved understanding of mental health as well ..... a little anyway....so many of the organisations involved are still so overstretched though
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson