Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-10-2010, 12:22
Knowlede Is Power

I really hope they make an announcement asap. I completely understand why they wait until the last minute because they genuinely don't want to let anybody down, but if I find out today then I can go ahead and cancel the hotel and go about trying to get my train tickets refunded, whereas if I find out some time on Tuesday then it is basically £200+ down the toilet (which I could use for travel and accomodation on rescheduled dates!).

I agree with you though, that I would rather see a fully recovered James at a later date.

Regards,
Marwood.
Old 29-10-2010, 12:30
Under neon loneliness

I really do think that at this point they should postpone the rest of the tour. Japan and Australia are coming up, and James stands more of a chance of getting through those if he rests his voice. Three nights in a row all over the country are going to be a killer on his recovering voice.

It'll cost, but they'll have insurance to cover the worst of it, and postponing now is going to be easier on fans' pockets too.
Old 29-10-2010, 12:32
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I really do think that at this point they should postpone the rest of the tour. Japan and Australia are coming up, and James stands more of a chance of getting through those if he rests his voice. Three nights in a row all over the country are going to be a killer on his recovering voice.

It'll cost, but they'll have insurance to cover the worst of it, and postponing now is going to be easier on fans' pockets too.
+1

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 29-10-2010, 12:34
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:

THIS. You always talk good sense!

Regards,
Marwood.
Old 29-10-2010, 13:06
Freed from the century

Oorrr... they should just cancel the other two with a view to James hopefully being recovered for this one . How selfish am I?! It's possible they could feel more obligation for this one though, as it has been cancelled before, but hey, maybe summat to look forward to in the new year! May just head up anyway and discover the joys of Carlisle Travelodge!
Old 29-10-2010, 13:12
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogirl View Post
It's possible they could feel more obligation for this one though, as it has been cancelled before...
I think this may be a factor too. They clearly feel bad about letting people down, and may feel that cancelling a gig twice would be taking the piss. I'm sure there would be financial considerations too.
Quote:
May just head up anyway and discover the joys of Carlisle Travelodge!
The joy of a travelodge? ....well, eventually you get to leave it

Regards,
Marwood.
Old 29-10-2010, 15:32
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post

The joy of a travelodge?

There ain't no party like a T-lodge party..

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 29-10-2010, 16:20
Winterlover

The Carlisle T lodge isn't too bad actually (assuming we're talking central) I'd probably rate it an 8 (based on a tlodge specific rating system rather than a broader hotel base) - be wary of floor a half though, Todhills is a bit more outdated so might only scrape in at a 6
Old 29-10-2010, 16:23
I live to fall asleep

*moan*

"Life is a farce in which all must perform" ~ Arthur Rimbaud

Facebook

Twitter
Old 29-10-2010, 17:17
Freed from the century

Yeah it is the central one. Got day after booked off work too, so might as well make the most of it and had to the Lakes or summat - I'll be on a new annual leave year by Jan! I've even prebooked brekkie!
Old 29-10-2010, 17:36
Knowlede Is Power

Im sure Jamesy will be fine!

my old name
Old 29-10-2010, 18:40
I live to fall asleep

I really hope Carlisle goes ahead especially as it's been cancelled before. It's my closest gig so I'm very biased BUT I totally agree with everyone who has said let us know asap, then people can cancel hotels etc.

I really hope James is fully better but if not I hope they play safe and just concentrate on Japan and Australia and then fit these dates in later on (Dec or Jan).
Old 30-10-2010, 08:27
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Luckily i have only forked out for train tickets, and i managed to get them fo 30 quid so not too bad if it gets cancelled. Won't be able to do a rescheduld day in December as my work rota is done up to new year already and with staff shortages there is no chance of getting days swapped or anything, i could probably manage january tho as long as the new dat eis announced asap. I would rather have James better than struggle on and us get half a gig to be honest

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 30-10-2010, 17:11
Winterlover

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium View Post
+1
+2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Apparently there's a bit that will go in the dvd extras where you are sucking off JDB backstage at the Brixton Academy.
Old 30-10-2010, 19:15
I am purity, they call me perverted

...so the news is that the remaining 3 gigs are definitely going ahead according to the official site!

I wasn't really building my hopes up for the gig on Tuesday going ahead, parcitularly considering what Nicky said on breakfast TV yesterday morning about James being really poorly. I agree with what has been said before in this thread about it maybe being for the best if they were to have postponed the rest of the gigs on this tour to let James rest his voice properly, and really hope he is well enough to do the 3 nights on the trot.