Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-10-2010, 11:54
Freed from the century

You crazy kids... I'm a little bit more relaxed about the gig thing these days. I'll be landing in Carlisle about 6pm hopefully so if anyone's not running for the barrier and fancies meeting up that would be lovely! As I'm a proper newbie, it would be great to put some faces to "names"
Old 22-10-2010, 12:39
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasnost View Post
I dare you Kev!!

I'll be down about 2pm
I will see what the weathers like first, if someone has tipped them off about me being so early they might get there even earlier! Might even go through to Whitehaven yet to see my Mum + Dad.
Old 22-10-2010, 16:22
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhyland View Post
I will see what the weathers like first, if someone has tipped them off about me being so early they might get there even earlier! Might even go through to Whitehaven yet to see my Mum + Dad.
we will be going along to queue in the morning sometime, the fact it is indoor queueing makes it all the more tolerable and non weather dependent

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 22-10-2010, 20:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogirl View Post
You crazy kids... I'm a little bit more relaxed about the gig thing these days. I'll be landing in Carlisle about 6pm hopefully so if anyone's not running for the barrier and fancies meeting up that would be lovely! As I'm a proper newbie, it would be great to put some faces to "names"
Hello fellow newbie!

It'll probably be the back of 7pm before we get to Carlisle as unfortunately neither of us can get away from work early, just hope we manage to find a parking space near enough to the Sands.

It's been really interesting seeing how the setlists have evolved throughout the tour - I did a quick comparison between Edinburgh and Southend and found that there were 6 different songs in the latter, it's really refreshing for a band to change the setlist around rather than playing exactly the same songs every night. Would love to hear Peeled Apples and Ready for Drowning, so fingers crossed that they stay in for Carlisle!
Old 23-10-2010, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Descent View Post
Hello fellow newbie!

It'll probably be the back of 7pm before we get to Carlisle as unfortunately neither of us can get away from work early, just hope we manage to find a parking space near enough to the Sands.
The Sands Centre Car park is quite big but if you don't get parked there for what ever reason, I'd park outside the civic centre which if my memory serves me right is only a disc zone until 6pm...although do check that. Also there is a Pay and Display car park next to the civic centre which I think isn't patrolled after 6pm so you can park there for free there is adequate signage for you to check on though). Then, all you need to do is walk to the subway/underpass under hardwicke circus and you're there.

Florence Nightingale
Old 23-10-2010, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymozzy View Post
The Sands Centre Car park is quite big but if you don't get parked there for what ever reason, I'd park outside the civic centre which if my memory serves me right is only a disc zone until 6pm...although do check that. Also there is a Pay and Display car park next to the civic centre which I think isn't patrolled after 6pm so you can park there for free there is adequate signage for you to check on though). Then, all you need to do is walk to the subway/underpass under hardwicke circus and you're there.
Cheers for that info I've just had a quick look at the Carlisle City Council website and it says pay & display parking is chargeable up to 6pm but we'll definitely be double checking the signs when we get there as we were caught out once in the past parking in a disc zone in Carlisle and ended up on the receiving end of a fine!
Old 23-10-2010, 20:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Descent View Post
Cheers for that info I've just had a quick look at the Carlisle City Council website and it says pay & display parking is chargeable up to 6pm but we'll definitely be double checking the signs when we get there as we were caught out once in the past parking in a disc zone in Carlisle and ended up on the receiving end of a fine!
I did too, I assumed everywhere was 6pm but alas no, south and east of the city centre is 8pm. I couldn't get out of it but got my own back when they neglected to put down new lines after resurfacing the road the uni is on. Free parking all day, all summer.

Florence Nightingale
Old 25-10-2010, 15:34
Knowlede Is Power

Well, the first part of my Carlisle outfit has arrived - got a Lifeblood t-shirt from ebay this morning. Auction description said 'medium', turns out it is actually a 'large', but it also turns out that the large is a really good fit. Result!

Will I be the only person there wearing a Lifeblood t-shirt? Probably not but I bet we're in a minority.

Regards,
Marwood.
Old 25-10-2010, 15:39
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
Well, the first part of my Carlisle outfit has arrived - got a Lifeblood t-shirt from ebay this morning. Auction description said 'medium', turns out it is actually a 'large', but it also turns out that the large is a really good fit. Result!

Will I be the only person there wearing a Lifeblood t-shirt? Probably not but I bet we're in a minority.

Regards,
Marwood.
We should line the front row with Lifeblood T shirt wearers.

(Having said that, I won't be wearing mine, it's too small).
Old 25-10-2010, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post

(Having said that, I won't be wearing mine, it's too small).
mine kinda fits where it touches now too, and i think it also has bleach stains on it cos i clean in it

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 25-10-2010, 15:45
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
THIS!!!!

That'll learn 'em for dropping Lifeblood tracks from the setlists!

Regards,
Marwood.
Old 25-10-2010, 17:45
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
THIS!!!!

That'll learn 'em for dropping Lifeblood tracks from the setlists!

Regards,
Marwood.
Brilliant. What say I wear my Kevin Carter one?!
Old 25-10-2010, 23:09

i live about 15/20 mins from there, I'll get there for 4? shit - still dunno what i'm gunna be wearing

Quote:
For thousands of years, human beings had screwed up and trashed and crapped on this planet, and now history expected me to clean up after everyone. I have to wash out and flatten my soup cans, and account for every drop of used motor oil. And I have to foot the bill for nuclear waste and burned gasoline tanks and landfilled toxic sludge dumped a generation before I was born.
Old 29-10-2010, 05:45

will it happen? will it not? who knows, hoping James is better real soon and this does go ahead, but onthe other hand i would much rather he was properly well. Not sure how they would go about rescheduling it twice though, will be a lotof pissed off people if they have to change plans again

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 29-10-2010, 12:20
Doors slowly closing

Not sure what we're doing yet. We have a non-refundable Travelodge for the Tuesday, and a refundable B+B for the wednesday in Keswick as an extra night to get some hillwalking in. Part of me wants to go anyway, but maybe I should save my annual leave. Meh, decisions. I guess things will be clearer over the weekend anyway.

I have been to Hell and back and let me tell you it was wonderful.

I'm building bonfires of my vanities and doubts to get warm
Just like everybody else