Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 02-11-2010, 22:58
Stretched out in the sun

You Love Us
Your Love Alone Is Not Enough
Motorcycle Emptiness
It's Not War Just The End Of Love
Jackie Collins Existential Question Time
Roses In The Hospital
Hazelton Avenue (Avenpoo)
This Is Yesterday
La Tristesse Durera
Some Kind Of Nothingness
Ocean Spray
Autumnsong
Everything Must Go
If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next

Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Sky - JDB Acoustic
You Stole The Sun From My Heart - JDB Acoustic

Faster
No Surface All Feeling
Golden Platitudes
Suicide Is Painless (MASH)
Motown Junk
Tsunami
A Design For Life

That's it folks!
Old 02-11-2010, 23:01
Builder of routine

roll on december!
Old 02-11-2010, 23:02
Administrator

Cheers, Kelly and Rel.
Old 02-11-2010, 23:04
Doors slowly closing

I think these have probably become the worst setlists they've ever done.

After Nicky's promises of 'one song from every album' and 'we're gonna try to change the setlist every night' it's quite disappointing. I'm glad they're back on the road and everything but I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the gig any longer.
Old 02-11-2010, 23:04
Stretched out in the sun

No problemo, Tim-o!
Old 02-11-2010, 23:07
I am purity, they call me perverted

SHIT!!! THEY'REBACK ON, JUST DONE DON'T BE EVIL, ALL WE MAKE IS ENTERTAINMENT AND NOW LAUNCHINGINTO THE FUTURE HAS BEEN HERE 4EVER..... IN MY DREAMS
29.08.92 Reading 92 - 27.01.94 Southampton - 27.08.94 Reading 94 - 18.10.94 Exeter Uni - 29.05.96 London Forum - 21.10.96 Exeter Uni - 16.12.96 London Forum - 09.04.97 Plymouth Pavillions - 23.08.97 Reading 97 - 19.12.98 Exeter Westpoint Arena - 26.06.99 Glastonbury 99 - 31.12.99 Cardiff Millennium Stadium - 25.08.01 Reading Festival - 14.12.02 Plymouth Pavillions - 15.12.02 Cardiff International Arena - 11.07.03 Move Fest - 10.12.04 Plymouth Pavillions - 13.12.04 Cardiff CIA - 03.04.05 Southampton Guildhall - 12.05.07 Cardiff University - 03.06.07 Truro - 06.12.07 CIA - 21.08.08 Newport Centre - 29.05.09 Camden Roundhouse - 22.10.10 Bournemouth o2 17.12.14 Camden Roundhouse 2016 EMG20 Swansea 2017 Carfest South 2018 TIMTTMY20 Southampton
Old 02-11-2010, 23:08
I'm just a pasty

Dammit, you got me all excited!
Old 02-11-2010, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post

After Nicky's promises of 'one song from every album' and 'we're gonna try to change the setlist every night' it's quite disappointing. I'm glad they're back on the road and everything but I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the gig any longer.
Agree, very, very tame. l was in two minds whether or not to bother flying from Norway again after Brixton was cancelled. Bought flt tickets today, even though l'll enjoy the gig a setlist as per Carlisle would piss me off, it's tired and predictable.
Old 02-11-2010, 23:13
Bored of being bored

Thanks for the setlist.

And it's a wrap... for a while at least!
Old 02-11-2010, 23:14
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post

throat problems will have dictated things methinks..i'm not sure which songs would be harder for James to sing though. As for songs like OS or Autumnsong...they've been mentioned as put in to give the crowd a rest...maybe it James that needs a rest
Old 03-11-2010, 00:28

Hiya, this is lovemetodeath postng from ladymozzy's laptop, have just got back in from gig. Enjoyedit, James voice was fantastic, and he was on good form

problem starting Autumnsong so james told us a joke; something like ' 1 manic walks into a bar and the other 2 walk under it'

he also explained all about his steroids and how we would find him on a park bench in Wales tomorrow, crying cos he wants his drugs back. He said he felt great though and didn't feel like he needed a hip replacement anymore

setlist was about average, wasn't expecting anything special to be honest, crowd were a bit odd, some right knobheads behind us making it quite uncomfortable at times.

Managed to speak to James and get a photo afterwards but it was a bit mad, saw Nicky get on the bus, he said he was coming back out in 5 mins but we left before he had so no idea if he was coming out or not.

Overall a good gig, highlights were golden platitudes and NSAF. Not my best gig this tour, but in no way bad, and it was a fun dayqueueing and getting to spend time with everyone and finally meeting relic

Florence Nightingale
Old 03-11-2010, 00:38
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymozzy View Post
he also explained all about his steroids and how we would find him on a park bench in Wales tomorrow, crying cos he wants his drugs back. He said he felt great though and didn't feel like he needed a hip replacement anymore
yay to the not needing a hip replacement..not to being a crybaby on a park bench
Old 03-11-2010, 00:55

great show, the only saddness is I'm not going to anymore.

Quote:
For thousands of years, human beings had screwed up and trashed and crapped on this planet, and now history expected me to clean up after everyone. I have to wash out and flatten my soup cans, and account for every drop of used motor oil. And I have to foot the bill for nuclear waste and burned gasoline tanks and landfilled toxic sludge dumped a generation before I was born.
Old 03-11-2010, 00:59
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymozzy View Post
Hiya, this is lovemetodeath postng from ladymozzy's laptop,
could ya not have just used your own log-in?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:13

Just back from Carlisle - fantastic gig. Even though they have now dropped my favourite 2 songs from PFAYM I enjoyed the gig far more than Edinburgh, probably cos the ECE is such a crap venue. I did find the crowd rather static where we were standing, but I mostly had plenty of space round me which wasn't a bad thing ...but wtf was it with people putting their coats on the floor? I've never witnessed that at a gig before, must be a Carlisle thing!

I seemed to be the only person round about singing the who-aaa bit the first time round in YSTS - James must've noticed the lack of response as he shouted something along the lines of "c'mon are you lot needing some steroids?!". James was on great form, loads of wisecracks in between songs.

And for the lolz, there was a young couple standing behind us - when YSTS finished, the girl said to the boy "did you know that one?" and the boy replied "yep, but I think that was the acoustic version, rather than the electric version"!!

Shame we didn't get the song from Nicky but small black flowers made up for that, 'twas absolutely gorgeous!