Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 09-12-2005, 20:54
Bored of being bored

Show Your... Collection!

Eh, why not? Post your Manics collection, no matter how big or small!

I'm going to post some pics and then some links to more pics, 'caus I went a tad overboard and took 39 of them.

Here we go!
Pre Sony Stuff! (posted because of the White Label promo 7" for You Love Us)

GT era stuff!
7 copies of GT (2 of them being duplicate copies of the vinyl picture disc)

(clockwise from top left: Vinyl picture discs, UK version w/o "streetcar" into to LBN, US cassette tape, US Vinyl, US cd, UK reissue cd)

7 copies of Stay Beuatiful

(UK 91 cd, US 1 track promo cd, Sealed Japanese cd, US promo tape, US regular tape, US standard cd release, UK 97 cd)

Love's Sweet Exile cds (from 91 and 97).
You Love Us cds (two UK cds from 91 and the one from 97), plus the 7".
Slash and Burn (from clockwise: UK 91 cd, US promo cd, cassette tape, UK 97 cd, and 12" 1 sided promo)

5 copies of Motorcycle Emptiness

(clockwise from top left: Sealed UK cd form 91, Sealed Japanese cd, German 1 track promo, UK 97 cd, UK 12" picture disc)

Little baby Nothing cds (dsic 1, sealed japanese cd, disc 2 and the 97 reissue)

4 copies of Theme From M.A.S.H.

(clockwise from top left: Japanese cd, UK promo cd, Hit Factory Cassette, Holland 7" that has Spectators Of Suicide on it)
And zoom of Hit Factory Cassette

(continued)
Old 09-12-2005, 20:55
Bored of being bored

GATS era
7 copies of GATS

(clockwise from top left: US cd, UK LP, UK reissue cd, Japanese reissue cd, Japanese 2 disc cd, US promo cassette, US cd)

From Despair To Where (clockwise blah blah blah: Spanish 1 sided promo 7" w/ different artwork, UK 12", UK Cassette tape, UK promo cd)
Random singles (European Roses in The Hospital cd, sealed US Scream To A Sigh (La Tristesse Durera) promo cd, UK Life Becoming A Landslide cd)

THB era
9 copies of THB

(clockwise, etc., etc.: US 10th Anniversary cds, UK picture cd, Japanese reissue cd, UK promo cds for 10th anniversary set (disc 1 and disc 2), UK 97 reissue cd, UK 94 cd, and the UK vinyl picture disc in the center)
And THIS

The Canadian Holy Bible

(Done And Dusted 12", Faster US promo, and Revol cd 1 in the z pack.)

(continued in next post)
Old 09-12-2005, 20:57
Bored of being bored

EMG era
3 copies of EMG

(The UK vinyl, the German 2 disc "Tour edition", and the UK cd. Oh, and the Everything Must Go carrier bag that fits the vinyl delightfully)

ADFL (Euro cd1, UK 12" sealed promo, Euro cd2 in jewel case, UK cd2, UK cd1)

Everything Must Go singles and related

(LtR startign at top left: UK EMG cd1, sealed UK EMG cd1, Aussie EMG cd, Euro EMG cd, sealed UK EMG radio promo cd, French Black Garden promo cd, UK EMG cd2, sealed UK EMG cd2)

Kevin Carter (UK cd1, UK selaed 12" promo, UK radio promo cd, UK cd2)
Australia (UK cd1, UK sealed 12" promo, UK cd2)

TIMT era
4 copies of TIMT

(LtR from top: UK ltd embossed cd, US cd, Japanese cd w/o photo insert, German 2 disc "Tour Edition")

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Manicstreetpreacher/Manics%20collection/TIMT/Maniccollection23.jpg[/IMG]]Remixed US promo cds (jewel case and cardsleeve)

Tolerate

(under everything else: sealed UK 12" promo. Clockwise from top left: Aussie Test pressing but spelled correctly, US promo cd, UK cd2, UK cd1)

The Everlasting (Aussie cd, UK cd1, UK cd2)
You Stole The Sun From My Heart (selaed UK 12" promo, UK cd1, UK cd2)
Tsunami (selaed UK 12" promo, UK cd1, UK cd2)
Old 09-12-2005, 20:59
Bored of being bored

KYE era
8 copies of KYE

(clockwise from top: Aussie test press cd, UK cd, Aussie cd, sealed Japanese cd, UK LP, US cd, US promo cd, UK promo cd)

Found That Soul

(Center: #'d 7"; Clockwise form top: UK promo cd, Aussie cd, UK cd, Aussie test press cd, US promo cd)

So Why So Sad

(LtR starting from top left: Aussie Sean Penn Mix test press cd, Aussie regular mix test press cd, UK cd, UK promo cd, Aussie regular cd release)

Random singles (UK Ocean Spray cd1, UK Ocean Spray cd2, UK Let Robeson Sing cd-r promo, UK Let Robeson Sing promo cd)
Masses 10", Masses cd, and Know Our B-Sides Japanese cd

(continued in next post)
Old 09-12-2005, 21:00
Bored of being bored

FD and Lipstick Traces era
4 copies of FD (plus A Collection which was released around KYE, but I forgot to include that in the KYE pics)

(clockwise from Top: A Collection, UK FD 2cd set, UK FD promo, US FD 2cd set, sealed Euro FD 2cd set)

TBTGOG

(underneath: TBTGOG Starecase Mix White Label promo 12"; and everything else I'm sure you can distinguish between: UK cd1, UK cd2, UK DVD, Euro DVD, Euro 2 track cd1, Danish Radio Promo with TBTGOG and Door To The River on it)

Motorcycle Emptiness Reissues

The Japanese promo (that EIL has on it's site for 125 pounds), and the German promo

7 copies of Lipstick Traces

(Underneath it all: LT 3LP vinyl; And everything else, clcokwise from top left: UK promo 2 cd set with picture sleeve, UK promo album sampler, UK promo disc 1, Japanese 2cd set, UK Jewel case copy, signed UK digipak copy)

(continued in next post)
Old 09-12-2005, 21:01
Bored of being bored

And now...
LB era
4 copies of LB (and one of GSTM)

(top: Canadian cd, Japanese cd, "Chinese" cd bootleg; bottom: Aussie test pressing, GSTM)

TLORN

(I'm sure you can tell which is which: slipcase, UK cd1, UK cd2, UK dvd, UK promo cd, Japanese promo dvd)

EMpty Souls

(see above: UK cd1, UK cd2, UK dvd, slip case, UK promo cd, UK b-sides promo cd-r)

And that's all, save for the non music stuff. I can add pics of those if anyone cares.

Come on, people! Show off!
Old 09-12-2005, 21:08
Knowlede Is Power

youre obnoxious

im going to have to change your ebay password so you stop buying stuff, arent i?
Old 09-12-2005, 21:15
Footprint of history

thats a fantastic collection! how much as it all cost, is it worth more than you paid?
Old 09-12-2005, 21:22
I live to fall asleep

youre a lucky man what suff are you after now then to complete the collection?
Old 09-12-2005, 21:22
Footprint of history

Very impressive Alive2000.

I can't be bothered to type all of mine out, so here's some photos:

Nothing *hugely* rare/special. But I like it!
Old 09-12-2005, 21:25
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn babington
thats a fantastic collection! how much as it all cost, is it worth more than you paid?
Well, if you go by EIL prices, yes. It most certainly is.

But that all depends on how much other epople woudl pay for the stuff, really. But I think I really snagged a deal when I got the Canadian Holy Bible for $65 US.
Also the two copies of the GT vinyl picture disc cost me a total of $60 ($40 to get one from the UK and $20 for one here in the US)
the holy Bible LP picture disc only cost about $15 including shipping from Michigan...
The GATS LP cost a swell 10 pounds before shipping (Buy It now was set at 10 pounds, so I snatched it up, not willing to risk paying 30+ pounds like the last person to get one off eBay).
the Hit Factory cassette was quite affordable, all things considring. I think the total was under 6 pounds.
The US GT LP was an even $20 (Thank you! You know who you are!).
A Collection only cost me $10 including shipping, I believe.

That's all I can really think of right now.

ibh and I need to go DO something. We've been holed up in my house all day.
Old 09-12-2005, 21:36
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasn n burn
youre a lucky man what suff are you after now then to complete the collection?
Well, on standard UK stuff, I think all I may need now is the She Is Suffering disc 1, Let Robeson Sing cd1 and cd2... You Love Us and Motown junk Heavenly singles... Suicide Alley, Feminine Is Beautiful, other 7"ers... I dont' have a lot fo the 12" records, as they're expensive to ship... I usually get them if they're in the US (which isn't too often).

I just got Revol cd2, She Is Suffering cd2, From Despair To Where, La Tristesse Durera, a UK copy of Roses and the Faster cd, so that filled in a lot of holes.

Ummmmm... Yeah... And as one migth expect, I've got some buplicates i'm trying ot get rid of, so yeah.

(doesn't know what else to say)
Old 09-12-2005, 21:41
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild
if I may ask, what Color label do you have on the New Art Riot 12"?
Old 09-12-2005, 21:42
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Ooh thats a brillant collection, puts mine to shame. One thing i do have is a copy of a gig i went to in '91 at Taunton Priory Social club, a friend taped the gig and has recently put it on cd for me. To me, it's priceless as it was the first time i'd ever seen/heard of them. It's very raw with loads of crowd noise, you know, shouting abuse etc but it's brill.

Old 09-12-2005, 21:48
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2000
if I may ask, what Color label do you have on the New Art Riot 12"?
Its the silver label, with the green print. Probably not espcially rare.