Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-01-2010, 15:11
I am purity, they call me perverted

I would have to say my promo cassette of GT that I found in a used record shop here, way back in '96 - which is what made me a fan.

"There's still loads of anger and hate: that's what keeps us alive. When I go out there, it's always with clenched teeth." Sean Moore

Majestic Theater, Detroit 2009 * The Sinclair, Cambridge MA, 2015 * Cardiff Castle 2015, Massey Hall 2022
Old 11-01-2010, 18:03
Winterlover

Location: Getting down on my knees and praying for quick release
I'm not sure if I have anything that valuable really, but I have this journo-type press pack thingy that I got sent for the release of TIMT, not sure how much they are worth though, but I think each polaroid was different.

Other stuff is sentiment really, I just went and took some snaps of the stuff up in the study but a lot of stuff is in the loft;
Wire trainers and bit 'o' bass..

letter from Wire post-interview 2005..

Jude's baby t shirt!

Lindz Delirum:" I was nearly a Mormon once"
Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 11-01-2010, 18:05
Winterlover

....stuff I've just sort of put together in frames from tours and stuff...

Nicky Wire: "ah well, we all were weren't we?....you could have been one of seven wives"
Old 11-01-2010, 18:19
Freed from the century

Awesome collection Lindz!

Kinda wanna know the trainers and bit o' bass story!

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 11-01-2010, 18:32
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocity Exhibitionist View Post
Awesome collection Lindz!

Kinda wanna know the trainers and bit o' bass story!
uhm, trainers - handed over to me and Janey June 99 I think at TFI Friday..

Wire : "does anyone want my trainers?"
us lot : a bit blank
Wire : shoves trainers at us

I took them to get signed in 2006 I think cos I thought they might look a bit better than just randomly having a pair of trainers on my study windowsill.

Bit o bass - it's the top half, (Sam and Amanda have the best bit) - from Hammersmith 2005 when he had a kinda smashy moment!

Last edited by Lindz Delirium; 11-01-2010 at 18:42.
Old 11-01-2010, 18:40
Freed from the century

Brilliant!!! I love it. When you took them to get signed did he recognize them as his own?

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 11-01-2010, 18:41
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocity Exhibitionist View Post
Brilliant!!! I love it. When you took them to get signed did he recognize them as his own?
oh yeah...and remembered when he forced them on us

Old 13-01-2010, 19:57
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium View Post
uhm, trainers - handed over to me and Janey June 99 I think at TFI Friday..

Wire : "does anyone want my trainers?"
us lot : a bit blank
Wire : shoves trainers at us

I took them to get signed in 2006 I think cos I thought they might look a bit better than just randomly having a pair of trainers on my study windowsill.

What a great story!
Old 13-01-2010, 23:50
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium View Post

Bit o bass - it's the top half, (Sam and Amanda have the best bit) - from Hammersmith 2005 when he had a kinda smashy moment!
to be honest i think you got he best bit, ours is just big and awkered, i dont have space for it, its tured yellow and he wrote "you stole this" on it - i think it may be in amandas parent loft at the moement
Old 14-01-2010, 09:00
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_buzz_baby View Post
to be honest i think you got he best bit, ours is just big and awkered, i dont have space for it, its tured yellow and he wrote "you stole this" on it - i think it may be in amandas parent loft at the moement
No, I like it - especially because he wrote you stole this on it, in fact I possibly prefer it to Andy (though its not as good a pillow) as the whole being given it and the gig and after was nicer, then the making the carry case and getting it signed. The bigness is really the only problem, and only really an issue if you try and move it. It was only in the loft while the workroom got decorated - it was one of the first things to come back down once the carpet was fitted I'll have you know.
Old 16-01-2010, 08:59
Bored of being bored

Cost - Probably my (now signed) Feminine Is Beautiful. Cost me 100 pounds. How much I would be able to get for it now, I'll never know.

Rarity - Canadian Clamshell Promos Set. Supposedly one of only 12 sets made.

Sentiment - Anything I got from this past US Tour.
Old 16-01-2010, 09:38
Under neon loneliness

In terms of things I wouldn't want to lose, there are three things, my Manics Millennium mug which Finn gave me as a gift just because she knew it would make me happy, my Lipstick Traces Oxford Street HMV wristband for which I travelled and queued without sleep for over 24 hours (never mind the gig, just getting the wristband was epic ...) and my GT cassette signed by Nicky, because he was so chatty about it.
Old 08-03-2011, 20:19
A self-made vacuum

Rarity - I don't know, maybe my MSP YOU LOVE US compact?

Sentiment - Tickets, stickers, badges etc

Cost - You Love Us compact, £40, and that bloody shoebox!
Old 08-03-2011, 20:24
A self-made vacuum

I got my copy of PFAYM signed by Sean and Nicky, which is probably not that rare or worth much (especially as James hasn't signed it), but it's special to me because of the fact that I met them to get it signed.

I've never gone in for ordering all the rare things off Ebay etc, I just can't afford it! Although I'd love a rare cassette or vinyl or something, I just don't want it enough to spend that much money on one!

EDIT: I deleted my bit about the Mitch Ikeda book, because I reckon the website I looked at was wrong and it's not that rare/expensive. Especially as it's not a gold slip copy, or whatever. It's special to me though because I found it in the window of a second hand bookshop and kept going back to stare it and trying to decide whether to buy it or not.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18

Last edited by Little Troll; 08-03-2011 at 20:35.
Old 08-03-2011, 22:53
Freed from the century

Rarity probably the copy of the Symphony of Tourette promo that I bought in the Notting Hill Record and Tape Exchange for 50p. I took it home and was mightily pissed off that it wasn't a promo of Faster which was about to be released but was instead an album track that I'd heard many times. Oh well....good job I kept it.
Sentiment probably Motown Junk 12 inch. The first thing I ever bought. In a record shop in Greenwich. The thing I got that's worth the most is Feminine is Beautiful which I paid about three quid for. Glad I never got rid of that in one of the many financial dips of my past.