Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-11-2010, 21:31
Winterlover

Noone does round here, so I don't have much choice! But it would be good cos I'd have someone to drag to gigs with me without having to cajoule/beg my friends who would be the casualest of casual fans. I went to the JFPL tour last year with a fella I seeing at the time who was a lapsed Manics fan, who loved THB etc, and it was quite nice actually. That one didn't go anywhere though, he wasn't really a settling down type haha.

On the whole though I'd say it doesn't matter. There's more important things to worry about in a potential partner!
Old 06-11-2010, 21:32
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by exopotamie View Post
My roommate's ex left him for Adam Lambert. True story. XD /off-topic/
Oh. Good. God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Isn't Kate Humble just really irritating? Her laugh and the way she speaks like she's addressing mentally disabled foreign students gets on my pecs.
Survival Tip: A shark will only attack you if you're wet.
Old 06-11-2010, 21:32
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItNeverEnds View Post
Oh. Good. God.
Who the fuck is Adam Lambert?

*can't be bothered to Google it*
Old 06-11-2010, 21:33
Stretched out in the sun

If I didn't have a boyfriend already before the obsession kicked in I would have probably have said, 'Yes'. However, the boyfriend isn't that big a fan at all but it doesn't really cause that many problems. He sometimes doesn't understand why, for example, I would go see a band on a tour 5 times when I don't even like the album they're touring or how I can spend so much time on a forum dedicated to them, but he sort of just shakes it off as just another part of my weird obsession.

I think he also understands that people get obsessions and this is just the one I have and there's no point trying to completely understand it, it's just there and that's that.

So no, no it doesn't, but I do believe it's important for someone I'd be so close to, to understand the importance of song lyrics.
Old 06-11-2010, 21:36
Doors slowly closing

I guess it's just me! Of course, I've never been in a relationship with someone who's not a fan, so I don't know what it's like. I don't think it's a deal breaker, it's just something nice to share.

Free postage if you spend £20 or more on more than one item.
Lots of singles under a fiver, including postage

Old 06-11-2010, 21:39
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
Who the fuck is Adam Lambert?

*can't be bothered to Google it*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Lambert

There you go mate. I know, I haven't explained anything, but hopefully wiki would have managed to avoid lying in this article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Isn't Kate Humble just really irritating? Her laugh and the way she speaks like she's addressing mentally disabled foreign students gets on my pecs.
Survival Tip: A shark will only attack you if you're wet.
Old 06-11-2010, 21:41
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by //Kelly View Post
He sometimes doesn't understand why, for example, I would go see a band on a tour 5 times when I don't even like the album they're touring or how I can spend so much time on a forum dedicated to them, but he sort of just shakes it off as just another part of my weird obsession.

I think he also understands that people get obsessions and this is just the one I have and there's no point trying to completely understand it, it's just there and that's that.

So no, no it doesn't, but I do believe it's important for someone I'd be so close to, to understand the importance of song lyrics.
Exactly. Claire knows that the Manics are more important to me than practically anything, except her and some close members of family (but excluding other so-called-close members of family). It's so ingrained now that it doesn't even bother her when I give our new kitten the middle name 'Bradfield'. That's part of the reason we've been together so long and (I hope!) see no sign of stopping!
Old 06-11-2010, 21:44
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItNeverEnds View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Lambert

There you go mate. I know, I haven't explained anything, but hopefully wiki would have managed to avoid lying in this article.
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I see nothing to differentiate this guy from Chico or Jedward. If I've missed anything, I apologise (although I have to admit not reading past the phrase 'from American Idol')

I've kind of lost track of where this thread was going .. how did we get on to this bloke in the first place??

*had too many double scotches with The Gutless Wonder*
Old 06-11-2010, 21:46
Builder of routine

It'd be great to have a boyfriend that's into the same bands I am cos then i'd have a gig buddy It wouldn't matter if he didnt like the manics but he'd have to respect that i do.
Old 06-11-2010, 21:50
Bored out of my mind

A bloke who is into live music appeals to me alot! Wouldn't have to be crazy about the Manics but be happy to go gig-going. Oh well, might meet someone like that who I connect with in other ways one of these days!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 06-11-2010, 21:50
Under neon loneliness

I'm glad it didn't matter to Ade, I must have asked him several dozen times to 'turn that bloody music off, it's just shouty and horrible' when The Holy Bible came out.

Still, he put up with me listening to GATS on repeat for several years, so I suppose eventually we were bound to come to some agreement.
Old 06-11-2010, 21:53
Bored of being bored

It'd be best for me to be with someone who likes most of the bands I like. It'd make things easier, 'cause I live and breathe music, I love going to gigs and they are usually my priority.

I believe in sharing as many hobbies/passions as possible - genuinely, of course.
Old 06-11-2010, 22:00
Doors slowly closing

One good thing about having a Manics fan for a partner is you get to play loads of Manics at your wedding reception (although I walked down the aisle to Radiohead, because there was nothing by the Manics that was suitable). The best song was Stay Beautiful. We had loads of Manics fans there and were all jumping around and shouting the 'fuck offs', it was amazing There's an MP3 of it somewhere...

Free postage if you spend £20 or more on more than one item.
Lots of singles under a fiver, including postage

Old 06-11-2010, 22:02
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
It'd be great to have a boyfriend that's into the same bands I am cos then i'd have a gig buddy It wouldn't matter if he didnt like the manics but he'd have to respect that i do.
That's the thing I've never had to worry about, for which I'm eternally grateful. Claire has always been at-least-a-little-bit-keen to come along to most gigs I've been to. And those she really hasn't my next door neighbour (by an extreme stroke of good luck) has always filled in for.

Although her opinions of Cast at Trentham Gardens in 1997 are best left unheard ...
Old 06-11-2010, 22:02
Stretched out in the sun

No. It used to be a huge issue for me once though. /sadbastard