Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 07-05-2016, 16:58
I am purity, they call me perverted

Same day box-office ticket pick-up worries

Hi, I have a question about box office ticket collection.

I have one arena standing ticket for each night at RAH, one from Gigs&Tours and one from SeeTickets.

Because I live in Canada, they would not post me the tickets but would only allow same-day box office ticket pick-up. That’s all fine and good - I imagined leaving the queue for a few minutes during the day to make the pick-up. But, I later got e-mails informing me that tickets are only available at the box office from 18:45 on the day of the event. Doors open at 18:45. I’m travelling all the way from Canada for these two gigs so of course I planned to queue for the day. I do not want to be queued at the box office when everyone else is rushing onto the floor. I tried to contact both companies about this issue multiple times but only got form replies and their customer service numbers don’t seem to be reachable from overseas. So I don’t know how firm this ‘after 6:45 only’ rule is.

Surely, SURELY there are thousands and thousands of tickets sold annually for RAH events to non-British residents, same for SeeTickets and Gigs&Tours. Does any outside-UK person have experience with this with these companies? Will I be able to get my ticket before doors open?

A couple people on Tumblr have told me that it will probably be fine but I am really anxious anyway. I am going to be genuinely distraught if I can’t even get my tickets until doors have opened…
Old 07-05-2016, 21:20
I live to fall asleep

Im suprised that the box office collection times are same as doors open but i had similar probs a few tours back at Kentish Town Forum

If you want to queue from early but still need to collect your tickets then perhaps just queue as planned but let those around you know what your situation is in case you can pick up earlier and need to duck away ??-if you can get your hands on your tix before doors all so well and good.

Trust me - the majority of your fellow queue buddies are utter sweeties and will understand

Good luck anyways
Old 08-05-2016, 06:41
Doors slowly closing

There is simply no need to queue. Ignore the bollocks you read on here, it's always the same 4 people stood there from 7am and everyone else turns up
12 hours later.

You'll pick up your tickets and walk straight to the front. Enjoy yourself.
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 08-05-2016, 15:22
Bored out of my mind

Whilst there's not usually droves of people doing early queuing these days, it is a lot more than 4 people, trust me For a venue like the RAH (not the hugest standing area/barrier), I'd be surprised if you could get barrier without any queuing; second/third row would be quite easy I imagine though.

If it's anything like when I saw The Killers there in 2009, we could collect our tickets prior to doors opening (think the box office was open from around lunch time), but then everyone with standing tickets did, as they didn't send any out by post prior to the gigs and we had to collect wristbands too, but obviously it's a bit different for these gigs as they have been sending tickets out to UK residents, so not sure about box office collection this time.

Have you tried tweeting the RAH? They replied to me a while back about standing capacity for these gigs, so it might be worth a try.
Old 08-05-2016, 15:42
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I had to do something similar a few years ago, everyone in the queue was fine about it.

But as above, try tweeting them, as an independent venue they are more likely to be more responsive and helpful if you're stuck. I would check the website and find out when the box office is really open. If you went through a third party like ticket master, they probably put down the opening time as a matter of practice. The RAH has more than one venue and does stuff during the day so I'd reckon it's open during the day like similar venues.

It's easy to feel like you don't have to queue if you're normal or above male height. The 5ft6" or below play back of head lottery every gig.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 08-05-2016, 15:48
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Physical office opens at 12:00 daily. What would we do without Google (start a new thread obviously )

http://www.royalalberthall.com/your-visit/contact-us/

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 08-05-2016, 17:42

Thanks everyone for your time and your thoughts!

I'm still a bit worried about how this will play out. I'm only 5'5" and I don't wish to fly across the ocean to watch gigs through dozens of phone screens... I will try asking RAH directly instead of the ticket companies, maybe by e-mail. I'm getting to London on the 15th so if I have to go to the box office to talk to someone, I can do it the night before (maybe after Carreras has starting singing!). I've queued for other bands as early as 3:30am so to arrive in daylight hours is no biggie.

Heading to the airport in a few minutes, then I'm going to kill a few days in Bristol and Cardiff before going into London.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:49

Follow up! As suggested, I gave up on the ticket companies and contacted RAH customer service instead.

Answer: "We estimate tickets from the agencies to be at the hall from 6.00."

So I should be okay to leave the queue late-ish to get my tix both days... I really hope so.

Thanks, maybe I'll meet some of you there?