Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-01-2021, 13:04
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Your Love Alone or You Love Ass?
Who doesn't?
Old 13-01-2021, 16:38
Desire on its knees

So according to setlist.fm and ignoring obscure covers, very early songs and the odd b-sides, the following album tracks have made the one off live performance list along with Intravenous Agnostic:

Between the Clock and the Bed / Door to the River / Fragments: These seem to have been played at one off promo gigs rather than proper ticketed concerts.

Running out of Fantasy: One off acoustic performance at Manchester at one of the full Holy Bible shows.

Gold Against the Soul: Possibly it was played more often as early shows are more prone to having set lists missing. Strangely it is listed as the opener of what looks like a one hour show, but then wasn't played at the surrounding ninety minute gigs.
Old 13-01-2021, 16:39
Doors slowly closing

ROOF was also played at the London Acoustic Guitar show by JDB
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • London Roundhouse 2009 • London Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • London Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • London Rough Trade East 2012 • London Shepherds Bush 2013 • London Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • London Rough Trade East 2014 • London Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • London Shepherds Bush 2019 • Glastonbury 2021... maybe? (36)
Old 13-01-2021, 17:25
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
ROOF was also played at the London Acoustic Guitar show by JDB
I'm guessing setlist.fm has that classed as a JDB rather than Manics show!
Old 13-01-2021, 20:12
I live to fall asleep

Between the Clock and the Bed was done in that Rough Trade THB show. One of the top 5 Manics videos on YouTube. Great gig.
Old 13-01-2021, 20:13
I live to fall asleep

Wasn't Fragments done on the Maida Vale R1 show for Lifeblood? Arguably their best radio session.
Old 13-01-2021, 21:05
I live to fall asleep

I swear I heard a recording of it years ago somewhere online as I was curious about it being played live. Maybe someone on here shared it for download or something. I guess our only hope is that it might appear on a KYE anniversary edition with loads of demos, live stuff and a crammed dvd / blu ray. It could be such an amazing set bursting with stuff and not a bit of an expensive let down such as Truth or GATS was (still not bought that one yet due to price for what you get).
Old 14-01-2021, 11:36
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver View Post
I just had a quick check and I seem to have an acoustic version from somwhere...but that's it.
It is GREAT, I have the same and I'm sure it is the same, quite rare song form JDB
Old 14-01-2021, 12:34
Freed from the century

For what it’s worth, the album version is probably live in the studio. Save for a guitar overdub later. You can tell the various points on the album where they were likely just thrashing it out in the room with the record button pressed.
Old 14-01-2021, 13:03
Born to end

hey, just wanted to say that i’m really sure i had a mp3 with it live. quality was ok but not great. probably got it from here way back. checked but i don’t have the file anymore. was a bit disappointed as it was probably only jdb on guitar and not as intense as on the album. one of my favourite tracks.
Old 14-01-2021, 16:17
Knowlede Is Power

To tide us over, I suppose there's always this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMhRZfs5_x8

And, fair play to them, they did a decent job of it.
Old Yesterday, 20:01
I live to fall asleep

Let's keep this thread alive.

Are there any Manics fans that we know out there who don't frequent the forum anymore?

We need to hear this song!

I'm imagining a lot - and I mean A LOT - of Naysmyth's fairground organning as JDB tries to play the riff and sing at the same time.
Old Yesterday, 21:03
Freed from the century

On the subject - anyone remember back when the a small clip of the solo from Intravenous Agnostic on the website was pretty much all we had to go on for what Know Your Enemy was going to sound like?
Old Yesterday, 22:48
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
On the subject - anyone remember back when the a small clip of the solo from Intravenous Agnostic on the website was pretty much all we had to go on for what Know Your Enemy was going to sound like?
I remember being really excited
Old Yesterday, 23:11
Builder of routine

I didn't have the internet or knew as it would have done my head in knowing it was up online.
I wasn't one of the Napster sued, which I knew about only when reading of the lawsuits.
Pretty sure Ocean Spray was also a preview clip?

MADE A MOVIE OF MY POETRY IN MY BEDROOM https://youtu.be/Vq73VlTb3WI Top that, mainstream and counterculture! Cut straight to the chase about environment https://youtu.be/Ia6LGJou9CY