Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-10-2009, 09:35
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesean4ever View Post
yes they are yes I am
Glasto? If so then I definitely will be seeing them next year. I wouldn't mind them doing Hydro-Connect if they decide to bring it back, it was a gorgeous setting. Love to see them at more overseas ones too, Lokerse Feesten was great!
Old 29-10-2009, 09:37
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
Headliners on Saturdays in Tents, NME/Radio 1 stages maybe a number 4 slot on Glastonbury Pyramid stage?
It was proven beyond any doubt in 2007 that bands like the Manics and Glastonbury in the daylight do not mix well. The videos of them playing to a bunch of miserable, wet statues offer as painful footage as I've ever seen of them. At least when it's dark you can't see how shit Glastonbury crowds are these days.

And besides, their universally recognised best Glastonbury performance was away from the Pyramid stage.
Old 29-10-2009, 11:20
I am purity, they call me perverted

I'd love to see them in the NME tent at Leeds after missing most of it last time. I'd be sad if they play Glastonbury and nowhere else. I have exams when Glastonbury is on
Old 29-10-2009, 12:17
Doors slowly closing

They should bring back Cardiff Calling in the castle. It was a nice one day fest right in the centre of Cardiff. The Streets and SFA played when I went and the Manics would be big enough to headline there and with a good supporting line up it would be an excellent day out. Shame there doesn't look much chance of it coming back.

If they play any 2-3 days fests I'll only go if the rest of the bill is very good. The days of me spunking money I didn't really have just to see the Manics are long gone.
Old 29-10-2009, 13:11
Builder of routine

The Manics have to (by law) play Reading and Leeds next year because I've already booked my Reading ticket.
Old 29-10-2009, 13:27
Footprint of history

No, I can't stand festivals anymore I just feel too old for them and have no interest in standing around all day waiting for the two bands I like all day to play.

I think my liking new music o-meter turned off around 2002. I've liked the odd band since then but not many, and most festivals tend to be full of new bands.
Old 29-10-2009, 14:02
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
I hope they do go on a "Take the money and run!" festival tour cycle!
Word of warning though, if they do the Isle of Wight festival Spandau Ballet have also been booked and you might have to sit through them (unless the Manics are headlining the next day?)

I wonder if Nicky will eat his own shit and take the Guilfest spot after all he said about it?

Do you think they'll be on the main stage before the headliner? (Bet you some other bands want to be moved around the bill the same day they're on?)
I don't think the next album is going to be as low key suitable for the festival's second stage?

Did that Fflame festival in Wales that got rained off and cancelled get put on again? I'd hope the organisers tried to get that festival up and running again if it didn't?
Old 29-10-2009, 14:17
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Did that Fflame festival in Wales that got rained off and cancelled get put on again? I'd hope the organisers tried to get that festival up and running again if it didn't?
No and it won't be running again. Pity.
Old 29-10-2009, 14:40
Doors slowly closing

if the Manics and Young Knives play at the same festival, i will shoot something else off!
Old 29-10-2009, 15:20
Bored of being bored

I suggest your head.
We are still waiting on this section, it's gonna be badass. But while you wait perhaps you would care to peruse the lyrics for 'Underdogs' and 'Your Love Is Not Enough', from the album 'Send Away The Tigers'.
Old 29-10-2009, 15:43
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesean4ever View Post
No and it won't be running again. Pity.
That festival was a complete shambles from start to finish. Wales needs a big mainstream fest (green man and escape in the park being too niche).
Old 29-10-2009, 19:03
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
Headliners on Saturdays in Tents, NME/Radio 1 stages maybe a number 4 slot on Glastonbury Pyramid stage?

James did say in Belgium earlier on this year 'you've been fucking brilliant, see you next year'.

Then again, 2008 was the European SATT festival tour so, JFPL might be that next year.
Belgium would be sweeeeet, some mate and myself are planning on doing Pukkelpop - fingers crossed they do that one!

Manics attendance:
Southampton 03/04/05, London 19/04/05
Cardiff 11/05/07, Cardiff 12/05/07, Southampton 05/06/07, Glastonbury 24/06/07, Cardiff 06/12/07, Bournemouth 09/12/07
Reading 23/08/08
London 30/05/09
Southampton 19/10/10, Bournemouth 22/10/10
Bournemouth 08/04/14