Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-12-2011, 14:59
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kyle16 View Post
Were they the couple that he sat down every time she went?

I found them highly amusing from where I was (Not far from you in standing area) but did mention that the people behind must be having a shit time due to them - but he was fucking hilarious to watch - what a twazzock.

Behind them was a young lad, must have been about 12 - singing along like a proper trooper.

YES THAT WAS THEM!!! The security guard had a right go at them, there argument was that people the other side were standing up so they should. He said you should of bought standing tickets if you want to stand, the people behind are sitting down and cannot see. He then said that was that- if you don't like it see customer services in the interval- they did and must of been told to grow up or simialr as they came and sat down for nearly all the 2nd half- during the why don't you just f#ck off- they turned round and sang it to us- was distracting but kinda funny.
Old 19-12-2011, 15:04
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Selfdestruct View Post
Oh dear. Will they ever snap out of the idea that YLAINE is something worth celebrating? Probably not. Serious denial. Why not just play PCP instead and that would have cost them nothing!
Yes! It honestly hurts me to hear them slag off a brilliant (ok, very different, but still brilliant) album like Lifeblood and praise such average songs like YLAINE.
Oh well...
Old 19-12-2011, 15:05
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
Was one of those little cunts wearing a blue top? I saw him doing air guitaring throughout, charging from one side of the moshpit to the other like it was a Slayer gig or something. I chuckled when someone shoved him away by his head.

Sadly a different pair you have expect a few in a crowd of 20,000!
I live to fall asleep

Another thing that a venue the size of the O2 should consider is something as simple as a fucking cloakroom.
Dragging my coat, bag, scarf, overnight etc around with me was not ideal. We all know that O2 are money-grabbing scum, run by jobsworths, and having a cloakroom would give them the opportunity to expand on that. I for one, would welcome it.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
Gruff sang LRS better than James!! Nina could have done better if her amp was mic'ed up better lol all the way from America??? What exactly are The Cardigans doing these days, bugger all & I bet she got some £££ for it! Wish they had got Ian as well for SKON
1st part - NO!

Last part - YES!!!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 19-12-2011, 15:07
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973 View Post
YES THAT WAS THEM!!! The security guard had a right go at them, there argument was that people the other side were standing up so they should. He said you should of bought standing tickets if you want to stand, the people behind are sitting down and cannot see. He then said that was that- if you don't like it see customer services in the interval- they did and must of been told to grow up or simialr as they came and sat down for nearly all the 2nd half- during the why don't you just f#ck off- they turned round and sang it to us- was distracting but kinda funny.
Haha! How immature.

I thought they were funny to watch, but did feel sorry for the people behind, They had quality seats and should have been happy with that!

I feel that o2 customer services have got a right good amount of complaint emails today - I sent one, Security were an utter shambles!

For the 2nd half of the gig, I was kept amused by a dancing Gok Wan Look alike - he was having a great time!! LOL!
Old 19-12-2011, 15:07
Bored of being bored

Last moan - £4.50 for a pint.....
Old 19-12-2011, 15:09
Knowlede Is Power

my dad said he was sat near a couple who kept arguing too and the guy drank about 8 pints in the first half alone
Old 19-12-2011, 15:17
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganslastwords View Post
my dad said he was sat near a couple who kept arguing too and the guy drank about 8 pints in the first half alone
There were loads of middleaged men round us who were plastered, they must use the excuse to the wives that they are going to to a gig to cover up the excuse they are going on the piss, two eventually fell asleep in front of me
Old 19-12-2011, 15:18
Footprint of history

Quote:
One pint alooone is not enough not enough...
Old 19-12-2011, 15:19
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
There were loads of middleaged men round us who were plastered, they must use the excuse to the wives that they are going to to a gig to cover up the excuse they are going on the piss, two eventually fell asleep in front of me
Did you cop a fell while they were asleep?
Old 19-12-2011, 15:22
Footprint of history

Quote:
I wonder if they were the same couple that we saw at the tube station afterwards? The woman was totally hammered, and got her leg trapped in the tube door. Her boyfriend pulled or out of the train and was screaming at her. Not nice.

Anyway. I thought the gig was great! Revol was by far and away the highlight for me! It sounded superb and the video accompanying it was cool. I really enjoyed Found That Soul, There By The Grace of God and Love's Sweet Exile too! Even a lot of the "regulars" sounded really great. I was a bit disappointed with Australia though; it sounded a bit thin, as James wasn't playing the chords during the verses. I really like that song too.

Oh, and the She Is Suffering video was so incredibly, fist chewingly, embarrassingly bad. It looked like a protencious GCSE media studies project or something.

We had a great time hanging out with Tim, Tim's afro and Jay too. It was a bit of flying visit for Snoo and I, so sorry that we didn't get to see anyone else. Nothing personal; we had to dash off afterwards. We did spend the interval playing 'Where's relic?' (unsuccessfully though. Probably because she wasn't wearing a red and white stripy jumper).
Old 19-12-2011, 15:24
Born to end

Incredible! Went on my own, danced like a maniac, fueled on Buckfast. Crowd were dull (apart from the hits) and stood their like statues. I honestly could have done another 90 minute set - I was so buzzing by the end of it all. After all that singing, I don't know how I can still manage to talk.

Thanks to Sams friend for sorting out the ticket last minute. It was obviously meant to be.
Old 19-12-2011, 15:24
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamonroe View Post
Did you cop a fell while they were asleep?
No but I should have picked the pockets
Old 19-12-2011, 15:35
Doors slowly closing

Nice to see James using those beautiful Fenders a bit more, much lighter to give his shoulders a rest from the heavier Gibson.