Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-10-2011, 22:09
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot_star View Post
I went too, but we was waiting in the car - we saw James come around about two as well but we figured we'd catch him afterwards because he didn't want to make him late or anything.

Anyway, yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

He came back out and he was so lovely, me and two friends had our photos taken with him. I also took my Q vinyl to get signed and we chatted for a little bit, afterwards he shook my hand (very tight grip, I could still feel it when I got home) and he said "Thanks for coming out to meet me in a car park"

Finally, I've met one of the Manics!!
yaaaaaaaay
Old 21-10-2011, 08:42
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
I went too, but we was waiting in the car - we saw James come around about two as well but we figured we'd catch him afterwards because he didn't want to make him late or anything.

Anyway, yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

He came back out and he was so lovely, me and two friends had our photos taken with him. I also took my Q vinyl to get signed and we chatted for a little bit, afterwards he shook my hand (very tight grip, I could still feel it when I got home) and he said "Thanks for coming out to meet me in a car park"

Finally, I've met one of the Manics!!
No wonder I couldn't see you anywhere, there was only me and my hubby slinking around!

We did apologise for holding him up (I couldn't wait until after he'd finished cos there was no one to pick my little one up from school!) but he was absolutely lovely.

Wish you'd come over and said hi (did you see us??). We met one of the couples who had won the competition and they were really nice people, had been fans for about 20 years so at least the prize went to a good home.
Old 21-10-2011, 09:36
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Collins View Post
No wonder I couldn't see you anywhere, there was only me and my hubby slinking around!

We did apologise for holding him up (I couldn't wait until after he'd finished cos there was no one to pick my little one up from school!) but he was absolutely lovely.

Wish you'd come over and said hi (did you see us??). We met one of the couples who had won the competition and they were really nice people, had been fans for about 20 years so at least the prize went to a good home.
Were you stood outside the car park holding a camera? I think we may have drove passed you!

Awww, that's good to hear then. I'm glad they won, they sound like they deserved it!
Old 21-10-2011, 09:38
Bored out of my mind

Yay for Riot Star and Jackie Collins!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 21-10-2011, 10:35
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Were you stood outside the car park holding a camera? I think we may have drove passed you!

Awww, that's good to hear then. I'm glad they won, they sound like they deserved it!
My hubby had the camera. I was wearing a big fake fur coat! So pleased you got to meet him too. I put Lincs fm on earlier to find out when it was going out on broadcast and John Marshall said that it is going out on the radio at some point to be announced, he also mentioned that his voice sounded stunning and said what a really nice bloke James is, one of the nicest people in the industry he has met. He said he expected him to be a bit moody and angry lol!

I still can't believe it. I'd only been waiting 20 years!
Old 21-10-2011, 11:32
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
My hubby had the camera. I was wearing a big fake fur coat! So pleased you got to meet him too. I put Lincs fm on earlier to find out when it was going out on broadcast and John Marshall said that it is going out on the radio at some point to be announced, he also mentioned that his voice sounded stunning and said what a really nice bloke James is, one of the nicest people in the industry he has met. He said he expected him to be a bit moody and angry lol!

Yeah I think I did see you then! We was listening to Lincs FM too, I can't stand John Marshall though. We were joking saying may be James is angry because John Marshall probably slept with his wife

A good day for both of us then!
Old 21-10-2011, 12:33
Bored out of my mind

Quote:

Aaaaaaaaaaw! Angry/moody James!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 21-10-2011, 15:06
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Yeah I think I did see you then! We was listening to Lincs FM too, I can't stand John Marshall though. We were joking saying may be James is angry because John Marshall probably slept with his wife

A good day for both of us then!
Marshall is a bit of a cock. He briefly spoke to us yesterday then rushed off cos his sandwich van had arrived. We reckon we might have wound him up after that for waylaying James on the way in! Needs must though!

Just got to find an opportunity to accost Nicky and Sean now. Still, I've seen the one who matters the most to me. Feel a lot less sore about not winning the comp now.

Last edited by Jackie Collins; 21-10-2011 at 15:10.
Old 21-10-2011, 15:18
HBIC

Quote:

Chuffed for you
Old 21-10-2011, 15:25
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Chuffed for you
Thank you. I didn't sleep a wink last night for reliving every moment! Yes, I'm that sad!
Old 21-10-2011, 15:27
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Thank you. I didn't sleep a wink last night for reliving every moment! Yes, I'm that sad!
I forgot about it earlier and then remembered again. It was brilliant, I was just like 'Oh yeah, I met James yesterday'.
Old 21-10-2011, 15:32
Stretched out in the sun

That would have made my week, and possibly my month. Congrats to all.
Old 21-10-2011, 15:33
I live to fall asleep

And I lost my Meet A Manic virginity on the same day as another FD er!!
Old 21-10-2011, 15:38
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
And I lost my Meet A Manic virginity on the same day as another FD er!!
*high five!*
Old 21-10-2011, 18:09
HBIC

Quote:
Ah, not sad at all I'm still grinning like a loon every time I think about meeting Joe Flanigan a couple of weeks ago