Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-09-2021, 20:46
Flint's Avatar
Flint Flint is offline
Winterlover
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mancunia
Age: 33
Posts: 6,673
Would absolutely love some popcorn if there's any to share.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-09-2021, 03:58
Marat Sar's Avatar
Marat Sar Marat Sar is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 428
These are very hard to get. Take weeks to arrive and cost unfairly more than popcorn. Which I'm a big fan of. Would love some corn pop.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-09-2021, 05:27
Frozendiva's Avatar
Frozendiva Frozendiva is offline
Stretched out in the sun
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Great White North
Posts: 10,479
Too bad the band or the record company can’t release the extra songs a week or two later on iTunes or whatever song buying platform. Very happy to purchase them.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-09-2021, 12:48
someone, somewhere, soon's Avatar
someone, somewhere, soon someone, somewhere, soon is online now
Desire on its knees
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cambridge
Age: 41
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
Too bad the band or the record company can’t release the extra songs a week or two later on iTunes or whatever song buying platform. Very happy to purchase them.
I used to import my own Japanese popcorn, but gave up when said popcorn inevitably appeared on a follow up single to purchase over here.

Bet that doesn’t happen this time round and I end up popcornless and hungry
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/-jc-
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-09-2021, 13:17
Glyn Glyn is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 649
Also raising my hand if anyone would be so kind.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-09-2021, 14:15
UEF's Avatar
UEF UEF is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,773
The whole “extra tracks for Japan” thing seems so strange in 2021. Can they not just coordinate so that normal stock is sold in Japan?
__________________
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • London Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • London Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2022... maybe? (39)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-09-2021, 14:17
Porco's Avatar
Porco Porco is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
The whole “extra tracks for Japan” thing seems so strange in 2021. Can they not just coordinate so that normal stock is sold in Japan?
Sure they could, it would just mean charging twice as much everywhere else!

What the band presumably do have in their control is what to make the bonus tracks though… and I would suggest it might be kinder to everyone if they put a bunch of bonus live tracks or remixes as the Japan exclusives rather than studio recordings… they have done that in the past and I think that’s a better balance of providing Japanese consumers a reason not to import whilst not denying fans everywhere else completely new original material.

But what do I know?
__________________
'Those Manics are great mun ent'it!' | Miyazaki-San, Arigato | POPCORN!


I’ll walk you through the a-Porco-lypse
"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!"
| PorcoTunes: Soundcloud=fdporco YouTube=PorcoForever | Newest Track: 'SpaceFolding' - (SC)(YT)
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---

Last edited by Porco; 11-09-2021 at 14:21.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-09-2021, 16:10
hummingbird's Avatar
hummingbird hummingbird is online now
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a quiet corner
Posts: 19,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
The whole “extra tracks for Japan” thing seems so strange in 2021. Can they not just coordinate so that normal stock is sold in Japan?
The reason I think is that it's cheaper for Japanese consumers to import albums from elsewhere ( or it used to be.) The exclusive tracks will stop them doing that or encourage them not to anyway.

Agree with Porco that as they're not bothering with B-sides anymore, it would be fairer to just include remixes or live versions.
__________________
IS IT MANICS O'CLOCK YET?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-09-2021, 18:22
Vancouver's Avatar
Vancouver Vancouver is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver (formerly Sydney)
Age: 41
Posts: 552
Also would love some popcorn....though is this thread just asking? Has anyone actually had a taste?
__________________
Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-09-2021, 19:19
Matt_PhoenixFactor Matt_PhoenixFactor is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cardiff
Age: 36
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver View Post
Also would love some popcorn....though is this thread just asking? Has anyone actually had a taste?
I don’t think anyone has them yet. It looks like we may be waiting until one of our import copies arrives. Mine should be here in around 5-12 days according to the email I got. It also states it could take up to 8 weeks though so who knows
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-09-2021, 19:22
Routine Builder's Avatar
Routine Builder Routine Builder is online now
A self-made vacuum
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
The reason I think is that it's cheaper for Japanese consumers to import albums from elsewhere ( or it used to be.) The exclusive tracks will stop them doing that or encourage them not to anyway.

Agree with Porco that as they're not bothering with B-sides anymore, it would be fairer to just include remixes or live versions.
Or maybe release a separate EP like 3 months after release. Give it some nice artwork and no one will complain about being exploited. Better that than releasing an album with the same tracklisting and artwork except with different colour vinyl. Fuck it, make it a RSD release!
__________________


Stand back, I have political powers!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-09-2021, 19:29
Dancing Kirby's Avatar
Dancing Kirby Dancing Kirby is offline
Doors slowly closing
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 8,884
Your hopes lie with someone who still has a PC with a CD drive. Do such people exist in 2021? That’s crazy.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-09-2021, 19:36
Matt_PhoenixFactor Matt_PhoenixFactor is offline
I am purity, they call me perverted
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cardiff
Age: 36
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
Your hopes lie with someone who still has a PC with a CD drive. Do such people exist in 2021? That’s crazy.
I have a laptop and an external drive 👍🏻
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-09-2021, 19:51
hummingbird's Avatar
hummingbird hummingbird is online now
Builder of routine
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a quiet corner
Posts: 19,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Or maybe release a separate EP like 3 months after release. Give it some nice artwork and no one will complain about being exploited. Better that than releasing an album with the same tracklisting and artwork except with different colour vinyl. Fuck it, make it a RSD release!
Also a good idea ...or release them to streaming after a few months. I'd be happy with that ... the extra tracks must be something Japanese record companies insist on
__________________
IS IT MANICS O'CLOCK YET?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-09-2021, 19:56
Vancouver's Avatar
Vancouver Vancouver is offline
Freed from the century
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver (formerly Sydney)
Age: 41
Posts: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_PhoenixFactor View Post
I don’t think anyone has them yet. It looks like we may be waiting until one of our import copies arrives. Mine should be here in around 5-12 days according to the email I got. It also states it could take up to 8 weeks though so who knows
Much appreciated.
__________________
Twitter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.