Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 11-10-2016, 15:56
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
JDB sings on a new remix he was supposed to do that's actually a cover.

http://thequietus.com/articles/21062...-the-membranes
Cool, another one for the list.
Old 08-11-2016, 18:08
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby View Post
JDB sings on a new remix he was supposed to do that's actually a cover.

http://thequietus.com/articles/21062...-the-membranes
Thanks for the heads up DK.

This is out now if anyone is interested. Be aware if you want the whole album the download version has 17 tracks, the CD just 15. If you just want the JDB track you can buy it separately from the usual places (lossless downloads available on 7Digital and Qobuz).

I like the track, though I'm not a huge fan of the vocals' style...

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 10-11-2016, 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Fouinard View Post
Cool, another one for the list.
Added to the list now, sorry kinda got distracted and forgot about it
Old 13-05-2017, 19:26

I've done a few updates based on the SATT reissue
- Underdogs is left in place, I decided not to to retcon
- Leviathan is now in SATT era with a note on the intro
- Fearless Punk Ballad sounds much better in the new boxset
- The YLAINE (Nina Acoustic Version) and Autumnsong (Acoustic) now have lossless versions)
- Ghost Of Christmas note now removed as it's got lossless release on the reissue
- The demos have been treated as a separate disc a la all Manics albums post 2009
- The 2 exclusive demos from the 2017 RSD YLAINE reissue have been added
- The Chamber soundtrack by James has been added to misc. list

Thought I'd try and keep the lists up-to-date :-)
Old 13-05-2017, 19:54
Doors slowly closing

Nice work La_Fouinard!

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 05-01-2019, 08:02

Adding in Resistance is Futile as I think that brief era is now closed. Despite all the extra tracks (bar one) being first and only issued as bonus tracks I'm still calling them b-sides. There's all a Warm Digits mix of Hold Me Like a Heaven which is download only if either you like it or you're completist.

Resistance Is Futile
All tracks sourced from original 2018 CD release

Resistance Is Futile - The Demos
All tracks sourced from tracks 1-12 of CD2 of the original 2CD deluxe 2018 CD release

B-Sides
International Blue (The Bluer Skies Version) [taken from the Japanese 2018 CD release, strictly speaking it's a single but I'm treating it as a b-side]
Concrete Fields [sourced from CD2 of the original 2CD deluxe 2018 CD release]
A Soundtrack to Complete Withdrawal [sourced from CD2 of the original 2CD deluxe 2018 CD release]
Holding Patterns [taken from the Japanese 2018 CD release]
Mirror Gaze [taken from the Japanese 2018 CD release]
Hold Me Like a Heaven (Public Service Broadcasting Remix) [taken from Qobuz download]
Old 05-01-2019, 08:06

Updated for the TIMTTMY reissue and Resistance Is Futile as I don't think we're getting any more tracks.

Unlike previous reissues nothing major in the TIMTTMY (bar not swapping Nobody Loved You).
Old 11-01-2019, 16:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I always thought that was the stupidest edit they did, if they didn't want the song to be thought of as a 9/11 protest song, realise 1985 or To Repel Ghosts instead!

Great idea for a thread and look forward to seeing the final end list, La_Fouinard!
On the subject of Empty Souls, I may be imagining this, but I seem to recall hearing a live version with a lot more guitar and it sounding much better than the recorded version. Again not quite sure, but seem to remember being recorded at the Isle of Wight festival.

Have had a look on Youtube and various sites for it, but have not been able to find it. I'm not imagining it am I?
Old 11-01-2019, 17:08
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd2103 View Post
On the subject of Empty Souls, I may be imagining this, but I seem to recall hearing a live version with a lot more guitar and it sounding much better than the recorded version. Again not quite sure, but seem to remember being recorded at the Isle of Wight festival.

Have had a look on Youtube and various sites for it, but have not been able to find it. I'm not imagining it am I?
Isle of Wight 2004 was when I first heard it on the radio, so it could be that one.
Old 11-01-2019, 18:18
Knowlede Is Power

Yep that’s the one. Much heavier than the album version - it’s been uploaded in *** a few times if you have a look.

I think they also debuted Solitude Sometimes Is that day but I’ve never heard it.

*still prays for Intravenous Agnostic at Llandudno to eventually surface*
Old 14-09-2021, 18:13

Still one of my favourite threads, the info in here is priceless.

Will Spectators Of Suicide (featuring Gwenno) go in the next phase or would it be classed as a very late entry to RIF?

Also we need the Exile phase too!
Old 14-09-2021, 20:27
An imitation of dignity

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/jo.../sck8mc547viqa has edited versions of Peeled Apples, Me and Stephen Hawking, Marlon JD, Doors Closing Slowly and Virginia Epileptic State Colony without the samples. Does anyone know if this US CD also cuts the samples?

The deluxe 2CD liner notes say William's Last Words is 4:28, but it's actually about 10 seconds shorter than that. Do the vinyl liner notes also have this error and is it the same recording?

Quote:
James Dean Bradfield - Napster Sessions
5 track live download only live EP, no longer available for download (hence I don't have a copy
This returned earlier this year, if you're still looking for it: https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/ep.../eaf5mixedgp9b

Quote:
This Joke Sport Severed (Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1st June 2009)[issued as download as part of the Postcards From A Young Man singles, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Peeled Apples (Live At Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1st June 2009)[issued as download as part of the Postcards From A Young Man singles, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Marlon J. D. (Live at Belfast Ulster Hall 6th June 2009)[issued as download as part of the Postcards From A Young Man singles, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
These were combined into a downloadable EP along with the Postcards CD1 B-sides, but it's only available in Austria, Switzerland, Germany and Liechtenstein: https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/po.../0884977929782

Quote:
Faster (Live At iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London 3rd July 2011) [issued as download as an iTunes Festival EP, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Autumnsong (Live At iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London 3rd July 2011) [issued as download as an iTunes Festival EP, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
Life Becoming A Landslide (Live At iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London 3rd July 2011) [issued as download as an iTunes Festival EP, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
The Everlasting (Live At iTunes Festival, Roundhouse, London 3rd July 2011) [issued as download as an iTunes Festival EP, now deleted so I only have a 256kbps iTunes download]
These are still available (in the UK, at least): https://music.apple.com/gb/album/itu...1-ep/449842532

Quote:
This Is The Day (Acoustic Version) [issued as 320kbps MP3 download from 7Digital, now deleted]
This is still available in the UK: https://uk.7digital.com/artist/manic...s-is-the-day-1

Quote:
(It's Not War) Just The End Of Love (Live at the O2) [available as 256kbps iTunes download from Rewind The Film iTunes Deluxe edition]
From Despair To Where (Live at the O2) [available as 256kbps iTunes download from Rewind The Film iTunes Deluxe edition]
Empty Souls (Live at the O2) [available as 256kbps iTunes download from Rewind The Film iTunes Deluxe edition]
A Design For Life (Live at the O2) [available as 256kbps iTunes download from Rewind The Film iTunes Deluxe edition]
These are available in 24 bit/44.1kHz in Japan: https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/782508