Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 17-07-2010, 21:02
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrababe View Post
Bump...Anyone have this Daily Mirror?
I realised it was The Sun not the Daily Mirror, I have had a look but my papers were collected by the re-cycling last Monday so its gone, I would have sent it out to you if I had it.
Old 17-07-2010, 21:25
Winterlover

When I first heard about Richey's disappearance, which was in the late '90s, I figured he could still be alive somewhere as it was only a few years after he fucked off. Now though, I dunno. Can't be easy to elude the world for this long in this day and age. I wonder if we will find out in my lifetime.

Probably isn't the same Sun article, by the way, but there's a recent (I think) photo of Rachel in this one: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ill-alive.html
Old 17-07-2010, 21:28
Footprint of history

Thats the one I saw
Old 18-07-2010, 15:20
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
When I first heard about Richey's disappearance, which was in the late '90s, I figured he could still be alive somewhere as it was only a few years after he fucked off. Now though, I dunno. Can't be easy to elude the world for this long in this day and age.
This is exactly how I've begun to feel - when I first got into the band in the late 90s (when I was in high school), I really believed he as alive, but in the last 2 years, since he was declared dead, JFPL, and Rachel still participating in the missing persons cause, it's begun to seem more and more doubtful.

This article was a rough one to read
Old 18-07-2010, 22:16
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by allofwho View Post
This is exactly how I've begun to feel - when I first got into the band in the late 90s (when I was in high school), I really believed he as alive
Furthermore, I briefly thought Dubstar's Not So Manic Now was a jab at the Manics, which I remembered coming out around late '95/early '96. I later found out it was a cover. The radical conclusions of a 14 year old.
Old 18-07-2010, 23:56
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow View Post
Furthermore, I briefly thought Dubstar's Not So Manic Now was a jab at the Manics, which I remembered coming out around late '95/early '96. I later found out it was a cover. The radical conclusions of a 14 year old.
Hahaha love it, that's fantastic. It's anything with the word 'manic' in it, and our minds immediately go to THE Manics, isn't it?
Old 19-07-2010, 13:22
Knowlede Is Power

To think that after all these years, he's alive and not been found...I don't know.

Once upon a time I believed with absolute certainty he was alive somewhere, maybe that he'd even found some solace and happiness, contentment if you will.

But with age I've become more cynical and as I said...it's been a loooong time...it'd be the greatest disappearing act of all time.
Old 19-07-2010, 13:50
Under neon loneliness

It's not as if Richey is Victoria Beckham though is he? As in someone who is always in the press and was in a world famous band. THB sold hardly anything when Richey was still around. I probably walk past people who sat near me in class yet i still wouldn't recognise them. It's a big old world out there so if he is alive it's pretty easy to disappear and start a new life. People do it all the time. Plus he chose to disappear so it's not as if the police would be on the lookout anyway.
Old 19-07-2010, 20:29
Bored of being bored

I don't think Richey commited suicide. It's so sad that Rachel has had to identify bodies that weren't Richey, but were somebody's son. If the articles encourage just one person to write home then it's been a success.
Old 19-07-2010, 20:48
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
It's so sad that Rachel has had to identify bodies that weren't Richey, but were somebody's son.
That is fucking grim, thinking about it. I don't even think I've ever seen a real dead body.
Old 19-07-2010, 21:10
Under neon loneliness

Location: In North Cornwall, bemoaning our lack of comedy venues...
As gross as it sounds... If Richey killed himself in 1995, there wouldn't be much more than bones now, surely? I can't imagine anyone would be able to identify him.

Look, I went and wrote some books for kids....(clicky linky!)
"The best thing in life to hold onto is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 19-07-2010, 21:13
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmanics View Post
As gross as it sounds... If Richey killed himself in 1995, there wouldn't be much more than bones now, surely? I can't imagine anyone would be able to identify him.
Not even through dental records or forensics? My knowledge of that area isn't great but I always hear good things about advancements.
Old 19-07-2010, 21:47
Under neon loneliness

Oh yes, they'd be able to identify him from that sort of thing. What I meant was, if he killed himself all those years ago, it wouldn't be a case of his sister (or anyone) having to go and identify him. I can understand why she goes to potentially identify bodies, though. There's always the hope that if he is dead, it's a more recent event and she could identify him and draw a line under his disappearance.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 19-07-2010, 21:49
Winterlover

Yeah, guess you'd want closure if you were in her shoes.
Old 19-07-2010, 21:52
Under neon loneliness

Absolutely. I had a friend go missing once and she was only gone for a fortnight, but we were all so worried. To have someone disappear for that long must be awful, never knowing if you'll see them again or what really happened to them.