Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-03-2010, 21:21
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deets View Post
in the middle? urgh
one of my JDB's promos has ugly promo sticker in the back (like they couldn't put a piece of paper inside), probably An English Gentleman, do you have it too?
I also received nice thing with Nicky's promos
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lt5840.jpg
I've heard the bits like that are pretty rare.
Ah no, I meant around the hole in middle of the cd..

I don't like it when you get just a regular release and there's a promo sticker on the back. Got a few like that. That Wire press release is nice. I got a New Art Riot recently that had a Hall Or Nothing business card with it, I like daft little things like that. Oh, and I've got the Slash N' Burn promo 12" with the press release too, but I've never seen one without it...
Old 04-03-2010, 06:59
Desire on its knees

Most I've paid was $275 for a Canadian THB. about 3 years before the anniversary reissue. thank god for student loans.

Best bargains were probably the Sleepflower US promo CD for $1 and/or Australia (Lionrock Remix) promo white label 12" for less than $5 (there's supposed to only be less than 100 copies floating about). all of my other Manics items were bought when they were released.
Old 04-03-2010, 17:37
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext37 Fielding View Post
i have seen some go for more than £90 on ebay!
Wow, thanks for making me feel better about my purchase. I tried to get Forever Delayed on Vinyl, but was out bid as the auction went into the $85 range. Both auctions were from US sellers if that makes any difference.
Old 04-03-2010, 17:49
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Canadian HB for £6.50
That's still a bit of a steal because of the album art work. Good one! I paid about that much (in Canadian $$) back in the day.

I think the most I've ever paid was slightly over $200 for a single item. However, overall, I've paid a great deal more money over the years buying imports and such...probably into the thousands.

Money aside, I must say the most grueling bit about collecting Manics memorabilia has been tracking down videos of early live performances and interviews with the band. Over the last few years, it's become a lot easier to source vids, but previously, it was really difficult. Ah well, where there's a need, one always finds a way around these things, which I did.
Old 04-03-2010, 18:21

Speaking of collecting, I am having trouble finding the site that had a comprehensive list of collectibles with up-to-date pictures. Can anyone provide a link please?
Old 04-03-2010, 18:28
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
I paid about £30 for the God Save The Manics EP, probably around the same time. Didn't get the email about the SAE and I only made it to Derby and Wolverhampton on that tour..
I went to six dates on that tour, but not the London date. I did get the email, and did send off an envelope immediately, but didn't get one that way either. A lovely friend of mine picked up a spare at the London gig and gave it to me for free though, so I was happy.

My cheapest 'collectables' were several sets of postcards and badges promoting the LB tour that I got for free at a club night in Preston. I gave all my 'spares' away to other fans.

The first thing I paid quite a bit of money for was the Motown Junk 12" which I bought from Action Records in Preston many moons about, I think I paid about £20 for it, which seemed a lot at the time. The most expensive thing in my collection is my wristband for the HMV Lipstick Traces gig, which cost me the trainfare to London and back without pre-booking, and then fuel costs to drive to London and back with a car full of fans.

Last edited by relic; 04-03-2010 at 18:32.
Old 04-03-2010, 18:41
Doors slowly closing

The most I've paid is £40 for Motown Junk. Best bargain was both CDs of Little Baby Nothing for 50p each.
Old 04-03-2010, 19:29
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
Speaking of collecting, I am having trouble finding the site that had a comprehensive list of collectibles with up-to-date pictures. Can anyone provide a link please?
http://theloveof.atspace.com/
I need to keep away from that site. I think I've about half the stuff on there, so I'm not doing bad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post
The most I've paid is £40 for Motown Junk. Best bargain was both CDs of Little Baby Nothing for 50p each.
Ooh, not bad. Eil are still after silly money for them, twats.
Old 04-03-2010, 23:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
http://theloveof.atspace.com/
I need to keep away from that site. I think I've about half the stuff on there, so I'm not doing bad..

Ooh, not bad. Eil are still after silly money for them, twats.
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:46
Bored of being bored

The most I've paid for a Manics release was $200+ (it was 100 pounds, but the exchange rate was hellish for my end at the time) for Feminine Is Beautiful. My second-highest item was probably something like the Longbox release for Generation Terrorists (50 pounds).

Nothing comes to mind on paying too much more than I should have, honestly.

I've had a few best bargains:
The Three Canadian Clamshell promos for $75 (for the whole set)
The Canadian Holy Bible for $65
Feminine Is Beautiful for $200 (considering it doubled in price while I was paying it off)
The Holy Bible vinyl picture disc for about $15
merely HAVING any of the South African pressings of anything

A few more, but the collection is quite large, and I'm not sure what else to put.
Old 05-03-2010, 16:51
Doors slowly closing

none

Old 05-03-2010, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2000 View Post
The most I've paid for a Manics release was $200+ (it was 100 pounds, but the exchange rate was hellish for my end at the time) for Feminine Is Beautiful. My second-highest item was probably something like the Longbox release for Generation Terrorists (50 pounds).

Nothing comes to mind on paying too much more than I should have, honestly.

I've had a few best bargains:
The Three Canadian Clamshell promos for $75 (for the whole set)
The Canadian Holy Bible for $65
Feminine Is Beautiful for $200 (considering it doubled in price while I was paying it off)
The Holy Bible vinyl picture disc for about $15
merely HAVING any of the South African pressings of anything

A few more, but the collection is quite large, and I'm not sure what else to put.
I need to see your collection next time I'm in Chicago, man.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:21
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament View Post
I need to see your collection next time I'm in Chicago, man.
By all means. It's not displayed properly, save for a few items (the Canadian Holy Bible, my two copies of the GT picture disc lp, and my signed LB, TIMTTMY, and JFPL vinyl), but I'd be happy to have you over.

Now when, exactly, are those damn PiL tickets going onsale? There's no info about it on the HOB site or ticketmaster or livenation! seriously, what the hell?

Oh, wait, facebook exists for a reason....
Old 10-03-2010, 00:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2000 View Post
By all means. It's not displayed properly, save for a few items (the Canadian Holy Bible, my two copies of the GT picture disc lp, and my signed LB, TIMTTMY, and JFPL vinyl), but I'd be happy to have you over.

Now when, exactly, are those damn PiL tickets going onsale? There's no info about it on the HOB site or ticketmaster or livenation! seriously, what the hell?

Oh, wait, facebook exists for a reason....
They go on sale tomorrow, the 10th. And keep it on the downlow, but it's looking like a distinct possibility that I'll be living in Chicago again by early April, so we might be hanging out a bit more often.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:08
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lament View Post
They go on sale tomorrow, the 10th. And keep it on the downlow, but it's looking like a distinct possibility that I'll be living in Chicago again by early April, so we might be hanging out a bit more often.
Well, then.... Facebook it is... You've been messaged.