Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2014, 20:55
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
As much as I'm not into this 20th anniversary of THB, I have to defend the band on this point. THB works because of the lyrics AND the music. You can't separate the two so yeah, just agreeing there.
Aye I think it's massively unfair to the rest of the band to suggest The Holg Bible is Richey's cos credit really is due to the the others. It's a masterpiece and it's theirs (including Richey), not just his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
He obviously doesn't want to be found if he's still alive. Hundreds of people go missing every year for their own reasons. I don't think you can ever assume someone's dead just because they fucked off.
Eh I'm inclined to agree he's dead. Knowing the state he was in when he disappeared and the two decades that have passed since then, I struggle to imagine how he could still be alive really. Yeah, hear so many stories and theories over the years and fair enough it's not inpossible that he's alive, that he's taken on a new identity and there's some misterious character turned up somewhere alone. I mean, disappearing is one thing and in 1995 it'd have been a hell of a lot easier than it would be today, especially given his fame, but staying disappeared is another thing. I'm not gonna pretend I knew him like others might, but I struggle to believe he's alive and living with knowing what he's done to his friends and family and done nothing about it.

Last edited by sculptureofabloke; 09-12-2014 at 22:22.