Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 07-01-2012, 20:55
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk View Post
I'm quite surprised that someone from the band hasn't turned to Sony and just said "Ahhh come on"
This seems like the sort of thing that Nicky would have kittens to see released.
Imagine all of the promo interviews: "It's a great reflection of the band and how we've gone from cult heroes to stadium-fillers...I have a politcs degree."
And because Wire hasn't makes me think that they don't want the world to see it.
Old 07-01-2012, 20:56
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
Like the band make sure their boxsets aren't damaged and are good value for money?
The fact that they had direct involvement with it, i.e., someone was there shoving a camera in their face on a daily basis, makes this a bit different.
Old 07-01-2012, 20:58
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
My take it on it would be that the band aren't interested in SATT any more...and so wouldn't be that fussed on pushing for it to come out, but I've not heard anything to suggest the band are against it....given the amount of time and effort they obviously spent and let Elizabeth document, and the ease they seem to have with here filming, it would seem unlikely.
For a person of such status on his forum, that is a pretty poor excuse to come up with.
Old 07-01-2012, 20:59
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
For a person of such status on his forum, that is a pretty poor excuse to come up with.
That doesn't even make sense?
Old 07-01-2012, 21:18
A self-made vacuum

In 2008 a French man released a DVD which was a documentary on the Rolling Stones fans (for those interested http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/30531861).
I haven't watched it since 2008 but I think there is no song of the RS on it (too expensive ? issues with rights ?). At the time, you had to buy the DVD from the film maker because it was not avalaible in stores/Amazon/other.
When Shine a Light, the official DVD came out later that year, there were 3 versions : single DVD, standard 2DVD version (gig + 1 documentary), 3 DVD box set (gig + 1 documentary+ the documentary about the fans). My point is : Universal saw this film as a means to earn more money (because completists buy all the avalaible versions) and a means to boost the sales of the most expensive box, without spending money on another 'professional' documentary. Sony should take exemple.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:04
Bored of being bored

I certainly hope to see this, SOMEDAY!
In October, it will be 10 years since Elizabeth first emailed me about possibly interviewing me for it (never happened, except for a few minutes before the Philly show in 2009).

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeysite View Post
except for a few minutes before the Philly show in 2009.
Sooo, there's some JFPL stuff on there? That'll bring it all up-to-date-ish. RELEASE IT.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 08-01-2012, 13:35
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk View Post
Sooo, there's some JFPL stuff on there? That'll bring it all up-to-date-ish. RELEASE IT.
I don't think there's any stuff from the US 2009 tour...as far as I remember.
Old 08-01-2012, 17:25
Under neon loneliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
Er no it isn't! More than logical actually. The band will hardly find footage of themselves doing things like cooking sausages that fascinating now and i doubt they did then. I'm not slagging off NM or the people who have made it but time has passed and not everything is interesting just because it is caught on camera. I'd still be interested to see it but not as much as if it had come out after SATT's release.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:14
Freed from the century

We are still working on raising the necessary funds to release the film, and will provide details as soon as any are available.

We cannot release the film for free on the Internet not only because of legal issues, but also because we need to recoup at least some small percentage of the money that we have invested in it.

Regarding donations from fans, we are not yet able to mount a crowdfunding campaign because the amount of money we need is still beyond what we could expect to raise through that means. The good news is that we are getting closer to the point at which such a campaign will be more feasible. When it is, the good people of Foreverdelayed.org.uk (and the bad people of it, too! ) will be the first to know.

Thanks as always for your interest.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:44
Bored of being bored

Quote:
I don't think there's any stuff from the US 2009 tour...as far as I remember.
I'm pretty sure nothing of the US 2009 shows were filmed, just a little bit of us fans waiting to get in before the one in Philly.

"Doubts are crueler than the worst of truths"

Toronto, Canada - September 11, 1999 / London, England - April 18, 2005 / London, England - April 19, 2005 / Toronto, Canada - October 4, 2009 / Philadelphia, PA, USA - October 6, 2009
Old 09-01-2012, 09:02
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth M View Post
The good news is that we are getting closer to the point at which such a campaign will be more feasible. When it is, the good people of Foreverdelayed.org.uk (and the bad people of it, too! ) will be the first to know.

Yay!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:53
Footprint of history

Quote:
When it is, the good people of Foreverdelayed.org.uk (and the bad people of it, too! ) will be the first to know.
I know it's almost certainly been very stressful at times working on NM, and with the madness that is FD, but it's great that you are still enthusiastic about it, still not completely exasperated with FD, and still able to have a joke about it. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-01-2012, 19:18
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
The good news is that we are getting closer to the point at which such a campaign will be more feasible. When it is, the good people of Foreverdelayed.org.uk (and the bad people of it, too! ) will be the first to know.
Wow, that's actually very good news, and something I didn't expect! I will be happy to donate when the time comes (and if it takes a few years, well, that's a few years for me to save up a little more money!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Architect View Post
I know it's almost certainly been very stressful at times working on NM, and with the madness that is FD, but it's great that you are still enthusiastic about it, still not completely exasperated with FD, and still able to have a joke about it. Keep up the good work.
Holly has just summed up everything I wanted to say.
Old 09-01-2012, 19:22
Builder of routine

Quote:
We are still working on raising the necessary funds to release the film, and will provide details as soon as any are available.

We cannot release the film for free on the Internet not only because of legal issues, but also because we need to recoup at least some small percentage of the money that we have invested in it.

Regarding donations from fans, we are not yet able to mount a crowdfunding campaign because the amount of money we need is still beyond what we could expect to raise through that means. The good news is that we are getting closer to the point at which such a campaign will be more feasible. When it is, the good people of Foreverdelayed.org.uk (and the bad people of it, too! ) will be the first to know.

Thanks as always for your interest.
good luck sweetheart! we're just so impatient about that, for obvious reasons and it got quiet about NM so many lost their hopes and dreams.