Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 20-04-2012, 23:25
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaza_3121 View Post
Have you read In The Beginning: My Life With The MSP? That book is horrible..
I was considering getting it if it's very cheap, just for the lols, but if it's as bad as you say it is then I shan't bother.
Old 20-04-2012, 23:27
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily37 View Post

why whats wrong with my grammar, you smartarse. you a english language expert then. i have better things to worry about in my life like a brother who has been missing since apr 1995 and a childhood friend who is dying of breast cancer at the age of 45 than worrying about my grammar. anyhow, thanks for all the comments saying the book isnt bad, i went back and got a copy today, started reading it before and so far so good.
Psst, she said 'no offence', it's rude to take offence.
Old 20-04-2012, 23:50
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Have you read In The Beginning: My Life With The MSP? That book is horrible..
I have this book, it's a Goddamn joke. I mean it's obviously 95% fiction and the fact that conversations are remembered word for word but this is another topic. It's OK I guess in one respect but it's defo a cash in on the Manics name. I was gonna buy 'Richard' actually on paperback for about a fiver, I know it's complete fiction - is it not worth it?
Old 20-04-2012, 23:50
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny View Post
Definitely buy it. I quite enjoyed it. Manics fans slag everything off because they're basically never happy, they'd only complain more if nobody had ever taken the time out to write books about them.
This!

It's not bad at all even if it covers virtually no new ground what-so-ever. I'd say, after 'Everything' it's the best Manics bio even though it's technically Richey-centric.

It's worth the read alone for the letters and thoughts shared by people outside his family and the Manics' circle that knew him from his school days. I'm particularly partial to the quote from a friend who witnessed him at the age of 17 or 18, turn down a date with a rather attractive girl by saying something along the lines of "sorry, I can't go. I'm in the middle of reading the complete works of Shakespeare". Haha, love it!
Old 20-04-2012, 23:51
Builder of routine

Is that when he submitted 70 pages on Shakespeare instead of 500 words? Little things like that make the book very enjoyable.
Old 20-04-2012, 23:57
Winterlover

Nah, I think he mentioned he was about 12 when that happened. The situation with the girl happened when he was in his mid-late teens. I think the author mentioned she was allegedly an Echo and the Bunnymen fan who all the boys lusted after.
Old 21-04-2012, 05:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily37 View Post

why whats wrong with my grammar, you smartarse. you a english language expert then. i have better things to worry about in my life like a brother who has been missing since apr 1995 and a childhood friend who is dying of breast cancer at the age of 45 than worrying about my grammar. anyhow, thanks for all the comments saying the book isnt bad, i went back and got a copy today, started reading it before and so far so good.
It was a joke, hence the "no offence" and "lol" emoticon I apologise, nobody understands my sarcasm on the internet.
Old 21-04-2012, 14:23
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterlanguage View Post
I've seen none in the old Woolies, I found one in the Union Street one a couple of weeks back.

Nicky's book was in The Works apparently - not sure about the £3 but still - not a good sign on sales.
My mate got the last copy from the Union Street one, its shut down now. So my son was'nt winding me up then!!, it could be £3 though, I brought a big picture book on Liz Taylor in there for £5, its about £25 on Amazon, whether they get them on the cheap as they buy big orders.
Old 21-04-2012, 21:32

Quote:
It was a joke, hence the "no offence" and "lol" emoticon I apologise, nobody understands my sarcasm on the internet.
Sorry zaza, shouldnt have gone off on one like that,just been a rotten few months. Still at least you can understand what i,m writing on here, if you heard my scouse accent, you,d probably need a interpreter. The book is turning out to be not bad, one pic in there i havent seen before.
Old 21-04-2012, 23:07
Born to end

Smile

Old 21-04-2012, 23:10
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISLWYN View Post
Post of the year.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:16
Born to end

Sorry.
Old 22-04-2012, 13:19
Born to end

Bought this book about 2 years ago and still havent even turned a page yet.
Old 22-04-2012, 13:29

I think I bought this book a few months back and I've still yet to touch it. It was only about £2 from a charity shop so it was hard not to resist. I say get it. There's not much you can get for a pound these days

...Bret, you got it going on...
Old 25-04-2012, 18:50
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Its the old Woolies, up the ramp my McDonalds x
Which is kind of ironic as most of their stock is old Woolies liquidated stock. I much prefer Home Bargains which also has it's fair share of Woolies stock. It's no wonder Woolies went bust as their stock levels must have been astronomical. Anyone know how long until WH Smiths go bust ?