Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 17-11-2010, 12:13
I am purity, they call me perverted

your own manic clip from postcards

What song do you select and how you make the video clip

I select Hazelton avenue and the clip will be the manics walking down hazelton avenue while people sell money in the shops and drive good cars. James crossing the street looking at this with his sad face ( so why so sad style) and singing obviously, Nicky is at the shop´s door looking by the glass the people and sean sitting in the pavement looking the cars.
Old 17-11-2010, 12:35
Bored of being bored

It's not war...

Based on the end of Butch Cassidy & the Sundance kid, the band are sitting having a drink at the nearest thing to Bolivan bar that the UK can muster. Over the roof tops Manics fans in full make-up, leopard print, feather boa &/or Manics t-shirts appear with guns. Band run for cover where instruments are conviniently waiting & start to play It's not war, as fans start shooting. Various performance shots mixed with shots of vicious looking fans. Bullet holes are appearing in the walls behind the band, one of Sean cymbals takes a hit. James cops one in the arm but continues to play, Wire is scissor kicking over shots. All the time intercut with fans closing in, a lot of fans, as many as possible. Gets to the end of the song & band runs out of cover, freeze framing mid-run & turning to sepia. Maybe James could deliver the "For a minute there I thought we were in trouble line".

I admit I actually dreamt this in full a number of weeks ago, but it made me happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgCSl9xgzKw

You get the idea.

Last edited by Napoleon Bonaparte; 17-11-2010 at 12:43.
Old 17-11-2010, 13:34
I am purity, they call me perverted

Platitiudes. Despite the calm reflective sound of the song, I would go for James just being surrounded by total destruction and everything burning, then as the country burns to it's sad and sorry end, James runs for it and finds a speed boat, as he whizzes past ther O2 dome all that can be seen is flames across the land, 'True Lies' style. Then the flmaes are dying out during the La La's slow panning across all that has burned, then right at the end James still heading far away, a last sad expression and slow fade out.