Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2015, 10:21
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathtub View Post
How about a best of/greatest hits/singles collection? Haven't had one of those in a while.
Joking aside I would be quite curious to see their version of a "Best Of" over a "Greatest Hits" or whatever. Blur and Suede both put out "best ofs" a few years ago after their reformation and while they've both got the obvious on they've both got a few less obvious fan favourite album tracks or even b-sides in Suede's case. Heh, ultimately I'd like to know the band's opinion on every one of their songs. That'd make a decent book actually..

Between No Manifesto finally surfacing and The Holy Bible in a fucking castle, I'd feel cheeky to ask for anything else. Be nice if some of the merch from the last tour made it onto the site, could've probably afforded a t-shirt or two if I had a few less pints..

I can't see there being any new material this year, if they don't release anything this year it's still two albums in three years which is good going by anyone's standards these days.

As far as gigs go, they've been really fucking weird about announcing them last couple of tours. The last tour was announced relatively short notice, what 2 months? The one before, 6 months notice and this one same again but announced during a tour.. I wouldn't be massively surprised if they spring an announcement in the coming weeks for some March/April gigs on the continent but I hope not cos I'll wanna go and I can't afford it cos I'm supposed to be moving in a couple of months!

Last edited by sculptureofabloke; 02-01-2015 at 10:25.