Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 24-06-2017, 15:43
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Nobody on setlist duty then?
Yes, FD Twitter was posting setlist updates and photos/videos live from the barrier

Bit late to reply, but we went and I really enjoyed it purely for the fact it was nice to see the band live again. Setlist was a bit different to recently, although really, I don't understand why they barely ever play the title track from SATT. It's one of the best songs on the album! And if remembering lyrics is the issue, well James forgot them to The Second Great Depression anyway I really thought it was going to be SATT itself when James introduced it as one from that album where he struggles with remembering the lyrics (SATT seems to pack in more fast-paced lyrics than TSGD but what do I know?).

Found That Soul was a good choice, This is the Day not so much for me personally. The set seemed quite short, especially as they came on a bit later than 9pm (think it was about 10 past by the time they came on) and it finished at 10:30pm, even though the posters outside the venue said curfew was 10:40pm (unless that meant they wanted most people out and off the premises by that time of course). But hey ho, I suppose it was more like a festival appearance than their usual gigs.

Nicky seemed quite subdued; he didn't sing his part in YLAINE and didn't say a word on the mic all night, so I hope everything is ok with him. James seemed very happy to be back playing a gig again, even alluding to feeling really nervous about playing again after a big gap but that the crowd had made it easy for him. Sean got (jokingly) booed for refusing to play Sleepflower after James played a teaser of it for someone in the crowd continuously shouting for it

So yes, overall I thought it was a good night. I enjoyed seeing British Sea Power again too. I saw them a few times at their own gigs after they supported on the Postcards tour, but then kind of lost track of them after Valhalla Dancehall, oops.

I'll post a few photos in a minute, although I didn't take a huge amount of them.
Old 24-06-2017, 16:07
Bored out of my mind

A few photos (couldn't get many good ones of Nicky, sorry!):

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 29-07-2017 at 13:26.
Old 25-06-2017, 10:29
I live to fall asleep

That's a nice varied setlist, it's a breath of fresh air to see a handful of songs in there I didn't think would see the light of day again, like Indian Summer (fallen in love with this song again lately), This Is The Day and Second Great Depression (again, due to the SATT reissue I've played this a lot lately and think it's awesome). Hopefully they'll continue to do more varied sets and, of course, get a new album out soon
Old 25-06-2017, 12:17
Builder of routine

Thanks for the pics and clips deets and Laura. Very much appreciated