Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 20-09-2021, 21:19
Under neon loneliness

[20/09, 22:18] Stu��: Slash N Burn!!!
[20/09, 22:19] Stu��: Little Baby Nothing w Cat Southall
Old 20-09-2021, 21:48
Under neon loneliness

[20/09, 22:24] Stu��: Don't Let The Night Divide Us
[20/09, 22:30] Stu��: You Love Us
[20/09, 22:31] Stu��: A Design For Life

Great night. Cardiff in fine voice.
Old 20-09-2021, 21:59
Winterlover

Many thanks for doing that, it were just like them olden days!
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 20-09-2021, 22:00
I am purity, they call me perverted

Been a lifelong fan. Band were good… but jeez that crowd was horrendous… front rows - 🙈🙈
Old 20-09-2021, 22:13
Knowlede Is Power

Woo! That was absolutely fucking immense. LOVED IT. So happy. First gig in two years and it was so absolutely worth it. I was on the barrier bang in front of Nicky and honestly the crowd looked to be having a really good time from where I was standing. Acoustic Postcards took me completely by surprise and was wonderful (I've always loved that song), and Slash and Burn was completely unexpected and resulted in me doing actual jumping up and down which I NEVER do (so possibly was quite bad at), and that excitement carried over into LBN and YLU. Fantastic night. I was going to do a sort of proper write up, but I'm buzzing too much so this'll have to do.

Honestly, one of my all time favourite Manics gigs. Other's experience will vary.
Old 20-09-2021, 22:14
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent_Bradfield View Post
Been a lifelong fan. Band were good… but jeez that crowd was horrendous… front rows - 🙈🙈
What happened in the front rows?

I was halfway back tonight, much further than usual but I’m battling a very ill-timed IBS flare up today and needed some breathing space. Still had a great time.

Some thoughts:

Can Cat Southall do all the Manics duets from now on?

I liked PFAYM much more in this version than the regular one!

Slash’n’ burn was a thrill but I overdid it with the leapin’ about and my pain came back in a big way, had to spend the rest of the gig clutching my abdomen with one hand while throwing the other in the air triumphantly to YLU and ADFL.

All in all preferred Sunday but both were great gigs!
Old 20-09-2021, 22:20
Knowlede Is Power

Oh, Fluffy introduced Complicated Illusions by saying it was about the peace and serenity he experienced whenever he heard his mother's voice, which choked me up a bit. Poor poppets.
Old 20-09-2021, 22:35
Builder of routine

They let me in. After all that worry she just looked at the covid pass

It was brilliant ..didn't want to queue but still ended up third row so not complaining. Got some clips of PFAYM which I really like acoustic ..James playing the intro to sweet child of mine and the chat before can't take my eyes off you plus the first bit of the song

Guitar packed up half way through you love us and he had to run over to get another one cos tech wouldn't come out...that's happened before ...is he shy or something? Didn't stop the song or anything but much gesticulating.

James introduced Cat Southall as Cat Power before LBN ...that was funny ... She was great ..as said above can she do all the shows please?

There's more but can't remember now...I was so close to not going and sooo glad I did
Old 20-09-2021, 22:36
Freed from the century

Highlights for me were PFAYM acoustic ,unexpectedly lovely and highlighted the strength of that song perfectly .Tsunami being played just right with a very heavy chorus and Slash&Burn being played with energy.

Wasn't sure if it took them a few songs to get going again after ME (Orwellian sounded distinctly out of tune up in the balcony) or if it was just me but once they clicked it was great

Last edited by Glyn; 20-09-2021 at 23:04.
Old 20-09-2021, 22:47
Knowlede Is Power

James saying "here we go, wish me luck!" before playing the solo in Sweet Child o' Mine
Old 20-09-2021, 23:15
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
PFAYM acoustically... has that been performed like that before? How did it sound?
That was a nice surprise. How dare people talk around me when a bona-fide rarity was taking place, and may never be posted on the set list again.

The sound was quite bad to my ears before the acoustic section. JDB's guitar sounded like it was being strangled, vocals quite low, drums too prominent. After acoustic section, it sounded pretty much fine.
Old 21-09-2021, 00:02
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
Woo! That was absolutely fucking immense. LOVED IT. So happy. First gig in two years and it was so absolutely worth it. I was on the barrier bang in front of Nicky and honestly the crowd looked to be having a really good time from where I was standing. Acoustic Postcards took me completely by surprise and was wonderful (I've always loved that song), and Slash and Burn was completely unexpected and resulted in me doing actual jumping up and down which I NEVER do (so possibly was quite bad at), and that excitement carried over into LBN and YLU. Fantastic night. I was going to do a sort of proper write up, but I'm buzzing too much so this'll have to do.

Honestly, one of my all time favourite Manics gigs. Other's experience will vary.
Agree with pretty much all of this. Only my sixth Manics gig, a newbie compared to a lot of you, but loved every second of tonight's gig.

1993 - Milton Keynes
2002 - Cardiff
2014 - Bournemouth
2018 - Wembley Arena
2019 - Bath
2021 - Cardiff
2021 - Bath
2021 - Wembley Arena
2022 - Bristol
2023 - Bath

Torn between the then and now, never really knowing the why and how
Old 21-09-2021, 00:15
Winterlover

Loved it, the boys were on fire and setlist was great. Had an amazing night and so glad that I went!
Slash and burn!!!!
Old 21-09-2021, 01:18
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Anyone bump into 2/3 of the big mates pod people yet? I see they are knocking about somewhere in the venue.

https://twitter.com/whatismusicpod/s...33333329625095
I didn't see them but interested to hear their take on acoustic Postcards From A Young Man… I really enjoyed it. It felt so much more raw and nostalgic.
Old 21-09-2021, 01:18
Under neon loneliness

50 seconds of acoustic PFAYM: https://youtu.be/iAKv_tPu4aI

Agree about annoying crowd. First a random drunk woman pushed in front of me and kept flopping her very tickly curly hair on my arm, then her even drunker boyfriend arrived and kept putting his arm around me and for some reason he then kissed my head - this was between support and Manics! I know they were just being friendly and "letting their hair down", ho ho, but it was more than I was up for after 18 months of blissful isolation. Suffice to say... I moved.

Last edited by tzb; 21-09-2021 at 01:34.