Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-08-2010, 20:04
Freed from the century

Doesn't it seem a bit cynical of them to sign the standard edition on Play, when we're all now also going to want the Deluxe one? I personally wouldn't have dreamt of buying both, but now I seem to be.

A bit like the whole Baglady/JFPL Deluxe debacle. Talking of which, has anyone else ordered the cheap Deluxe from HMV and not got it?
Old 01-08-2010, 20:16
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
It makes me think of paparazzi nip-slip / "britney spears getting out of a limo" type stuff, myself.
We've already seen enough of that sort from Wire. AND James if you go all the way back to the THB tour.
Old 01-08-2010, 21:17
I am purity, they call me perverted

I wonder if this will be on the official site like the JFPL doc?
Old 01-08-2010, 21:23
A self-made vacuum

I can't exactly remember the general cost of the JFPL Special Edition on release, but the prices I'm seeing for the Postcards Deluxe does seem a bit more than you'd expect just for a 2CD edition of an album, that's not in a special book form, so with all of the different bits of info from some online stores I'm expecting 2CDs and a DVD now for £15 price we're looking at.
Old 01-08-2010, 21:39
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmartyr View Post
I can't exactly remember the general cost of the JFPL Special Edition on release, but the prices I'm seeing for the Postcards Deluxe does seem a bit more than you'd expect just for a 2CD edition of an album, that's not in a special book form, so with all of the different bits of info from some online stores I'm expecting 2CDs and a DVD now for £15 price we're looking at.
Aye, I agree. Off the top of my head I paid I think £13.99 for the JFPL deluxe version on Amazon. Paying £14.99 for this new deluxe album I expect a DVD with some cool stuff on there (like this documentary) and maybe some postcards or a bonus CD aswell.
Old 01-08-2010, 23:41
A self-made vacuum

Perhaps there will be a "Chapter 7: Sean shows Nicky and James the most popular discussions on the Forever Delayed forum."
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37
Knowlede Is Power

great news

Chelsmford V99
Reading + Leeds 2001
Manchester Apollo 2001
Manchester MEN (Hits)2002
Manchester MEN 2004
Preston guildhall 2005
Winter WonderLand 2006
Gmex 2007
Blackburn St George 2010
Ritz Manchester 2014
Cardiff Castle 2015
SWANSEA LIBERTY 2016
Times Square 2017
Manchester arena 2018
Halifax Piece Hall 2021

Old 02-08-2010, 10:05
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Nick...! View Post
Doesn't it seem a bit cynical of them to sign the standard edition on Play, when we're all now also going to want the Deluxe one? I personally wouldn't have dreamt of buying both, but now I seem to be.
If you're going to any of the gigs on the tour, why not just buy the delux version and get the band to sign it for you. It'd be nicer that way too.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:39
Desire on its knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild View Post
If you're going to any of the gigs on the tour, why not just buy the delux version and get the band to sign it for you. It'd be nicer that way too.
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the Manics, but October is going to be the first time I have seen them in the town in which I am living. They last played Oxford the year before I moved there and last played Liverpool the year before I moved back. So, this is the first time I have the opportunity to hang around like a fanboy and get something signed. They're quite accommodating, I gather...
Old 02-08-2010, 10:55
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence Pistoldinner View Post
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the Manics, but October is going to be the first time I have seen them in the town in which I am living. They last played Oxford the year before I moved there and last played Liverpool the year before I moved back. So, this is the first time I have the opportunity to hang around like a fanboy and get something signed. They're quite accommodating, I gather...
That's cool. There's nothing quite like being a massive fan-boy at a Manics gig! As a general rule, they are usually pretty good at staying and meeting fans. In America they were excellent, and literally spoke to everyone who was there (the band were pretty much the last to leave). Sometimes, if they have a long drive or something they'll shoot straight off, or sometimes it'll just be one or two of them (say if Nicky is in a mood/pissed: a la Brighton Centre 2008). If you're patient and have time to hang around you should be fine. Like I say, if they can hang around, they usually do.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:00
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
That's cool. There's nothing quite like being a massive fan-boy at a Manics gig! As a general rule, they are usually pretty good at staying and meeting fans. In America they were excellent, and literally spoke to everyone who was there (the band were pretty much the last to leave). Sometimes, if they have a long drive or something they'll shoot straight off, or sometimes it'll just be one or two of them (say if Nicky is in a mood/pissed: a la Brighton Centre 2008). If you're patient and have time to hang around you should be fine. Like I say, if they can hang around, they usually do.
JDB is JDB but Sean is by far the nicest of the three. I was a bit unsure about Nicky really, I expected to be somewhat starstruck with JDB I was, but I never expected Sean to get off a bus that me and my mate were standing beside (not knowing he was there) and just chat to me and my mate about nothing for so long. Legend.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:11
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by proevpete View Post
JDB is JDB but Sean is by far the nicest of the three. I was a bit unsure about Nicky really, I expected to be somewhat starstruck with JDB I was, but I never expected Sean to get off a bus that me and my mate were standing beside (not knowing he was there) and just chat to me and my mate about nothing for so long. Legend.
I agree. I definitely find Nicky the hardest to talk to. James is easier, but usually has a massive crowd round him which makes it hard to actually 'talk' to him. Sean tends to get left alone a lot more which means you can have a proper chat with him (which I have done on a few occassions ).
Old 02-08-2010, 14:03
Winterlover

I think I might belatedly make the effort on this tour. I've met James before, but not the others, even though I've had many opportunities in the past. Suppose it's something that needs to be done.
Old 02-08-2010, 16:50
Freed from the century

Quote:
Yes I should, going to two dates, but not sure I'll have the nerve to do the fan girl bit in person. Sensible call though, plus I've already got their sigs anyway...
Old 02-08-2010, 21:13
I live to fall asleep

Forgot to mention robert croft's hatrick for glamorgan what a brilliant player he has been and still is x