Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 08-12-2010, 15:11
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
but equally, or as far as I've seen, more so, people who do like it shouldn't get insulted when people say they don't like it. And shouldn't insinuate that X people are better fans, or shouldn't be fans, or fans shouldn't be critical, or on and on and on and on and on....
This is also true. I mean I don't like EMG, that doesn't make me any less of a fan. It's just all down to taste, I wouldn't be happy if everybody just started saying 'you can't possibly be a Manics fan'.
Old 08-12-2010, 15:16
I live to fall asleep

Whatever we say here though - it's not going to change. Which is a shame, it brings so much tension to the forum.

Last edited by riot_star; 08-12-2010 at 15:20.
Old 08-12-2010, 16:07
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk View Post
I agree with you but it's been mostly the other way around really. It's more the 'I LOVE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING' people having a go at the PFAYM-haters for not lapping everything up and being 100% behind all of their recent output and decisions.
Agree with this. Most of the time it seems to be those who love it telling those who don't like it that they're wrong and should go away if they don't like the Manics anymore. I'm yet to see much of it the other way round where people who don't like it try and steamroller their opinion at those who disagree with them. I don't know how many times I need to say I don't like PFAYM but I'm still a fan of the band in general. I didn't think it was such a hard concept to grasp.
Old 08-12-2010, 16:13
I live to fall asleep

There have been people on here saying that they just don't like the Manics in general now though, they just keep going on about how they aren't interested in them and such - they persist to say these things. Which gets on my nerves.

I'm not saying that they have to like them. But if they don't like them anymore....why would you bother still coming on here?

Last edited by riot_star; 08-12-2010 at 16:19.
Old 08-12-2010, 16:27
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot_star View Post
I'm not saying that they have to like them. But if they don't like them anymore....why would you bother still coming on here?
I'm not one of these people, but this is a discussion board, and they are here to discuss the band's past, present and future. They have every right to be here to debate their alternative opinions. It's healthy, and if anything, it's in the spirit of what the Manics stand for.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 08-12-2010, 16:41
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
There have been people on here saying that they just don't like the Manics in general now though, they just keep going on about how they aren't interested in them and such - they persist to say these things. Which gets on my nerves.

opinions are opinions, it's healthy to discuss it. I agree that its annoying for people to be all "its shit, shut up" on and on, but its equally annoying and happens much more often for someone to say "well I like like it anyway so nerrrr " "well In don't see how you don't like it! Its amazing! I love everything they've ever done! I'm a manics fan! I'm spreading the word of the preachers! " (paraphrased) when you're trying to have an adult discussion about points of view. As I said, If you've stated that you love it, you don't need to shove it down peoples throats every time someone posts something negative. FDers aren't goldfish, they know you like it (not YOU, Jaelin ).
Old 08-12-2010, 16:42
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyroyalty View Post
sorry, on reflection maybe your ringing endorsement should have been in the ads.

MANIC STREET PREACHERS - POSTCARDS FROM A YOUNG MAN
'Some of the band's bigger gestures come off.' - Pitchfork

'cheesier than Red Hot Chili Peppers' sock drawer, but the Manics were always meant to transcend the vagaries of boring good taste.' - NME

'If Postcards had been released in isolation it might have annoyed me too, but on the back of Journal I can't begrudge the Manics for releasing an album like it in any way, shape or form.' - Internet Troll
Quite cleverly done but I find it a bit pathetic that I'm considered an 'Internet Troll' because I post an opinion that differs from yours. I suppose you're considered an irrefutable bastion of righteousness on here

I've posted lots of, what I consider, constructive stuff on this site but I'm not going to apologise for having some fun with other posts of mine in different threads too. I like to enjoy myself and not just wallow in unconstructive criticism all the time.

Stuff like is happening here is actually a major reason why I never felt all that inspired to join in on FD in the past. I knew I'd end up clashing with some of you as I can't help myself sometimes: I can be fiery and passionate, as well as mischievous.

If most people on here who've ever read anything I've posted over the last few weeks consider me a troublemaker and would rather I opted out, fair enough, I'll accept that and happily will "fuck off" and leave you all to moan, whinge and bitch to your hearts content. My Manics fandom has happily existed for the previous 15 years outside of the bubble of FD.
Old 08-12-2010, 17:06
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
Quite cleverly done but I find it a bit pathetic that I'm considered an 'Internet Troll' because I post an opinion that differs from yours. I suppose you're considered an irrefutable bastion of righteousness on here

I've posted lots of, what I consider, constructive stuff on this site but I'm not going to apologise for having some fun with other posts of mine in different threads too. I like to enjoy myself and not just wallow in unconstructive criticism all the time.

Stuff like is happening here is actually a major reason why I never felt all that inspired to join in on FD in the past. I knew I'd end up clashing with some of you as I can't help myself sometimes: I can be fiery and passionate, as well as mischievous.

If most people on here who've ever read anything I've posted over the last few weeks consider me a troublemaker and would rather I opted out, fair enough, I'll accept that and happily will "fuck off" and leave you all to moan, whinge and bitch to your hearts content. My Manics fandom has happily existed for the previous 15 years outside of the bubble of FD.
Don't take this the wrong way, I like you and hope you stay but don't go making this into a personal vendetta against you. I can think of no situation when people have told other people to 'fuck off' from the board but countless times members have decided that that's what they're being told and done so anyway, you have to do a lot more than disagree with someone to be hated to that extent.

Stay and post your opinions and everyone else will do likewise, people clash but wishing the person you're arguing with wasn't on the board is cowardly and it's also wrong for you to make it appear like that's the case.
Old 08-12-2010, 17:14
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post

I like you. But if you want to leave, then leave. *shrug* It's not some big conspiracy against you, you just seem quite pissed off that the argument has come about because you two don't share the same point of view. But errr, why should they? You can't convert them to liking it, they can't convert you to disliking it. If you don't like that people dislike it, and don't change their opinions, and argue their point, then put them on your ignore list. Its as simple as that. No one thinks you're a troublemaker, And why do you say that your opinions are constructive and negative opinions are unconstructive? that's just a bit rude, frankly. And I don't whine and bitch. I'm a bitch that thinks the manics are a billion time better than what they released.
Old 08-12-2010, 17:26
Mr Msppedia

Yeah I'm sorry for telling you to fuck off, that was going a bit too far so I apologise (though please don't correct the SPAG, I'm an extremely poor typer at times and too lazy to check over my post before pressing submit ). But as people have said it is just as annoying people being overly negative as people being a wall of positivity, blind to the band's faults. I get annoyed by most of the 'oh it's shit , they're done for' remarks too, but with this album I've found it hard to defend along with the decision making going on with the promo etc. No amount of being told I'm wrong and it's the greatest record EVAR!!!!!!! will change that

But just cause I think they've made a poor album doesn't mean I'm just going to give up on them or that I've fallen out of love with them, many people criticise because they love them, they're not above it, no band is. They're a frustrating bunch of bastards but then we probably are to them alot of the time
Old 08-12-2010, 17:29
Stretched out in the sun

I think a lot of this animosity (not the stuff I'm pissed off about, that's always annoyed me) is coming about due to this being the internet and writing not having tones of voice. MSPKYE, I read your "Fuck Off" as the joking "oh fuck off" I'd say to my family while smiling, not as an instruction.
Old 08-12-2010, 17:31
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
I think a lot of this animosity (not the stuff I'm pissed off about, that's always annoyed me) is coming about due to this being the internet and writing not having tones of voice. MSPKYE, I read your "Fuck Off" as the joking "oh fuck off" I'd say to my family while smiling, not as an instruction.
That's what I hate about the internet. You never know whether someone is being sarcastic, silly, or serious.

I read it as a joking fuck off as well because of the '' afterwards.
Old 08-12-2010, 17:34
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
That's what I hate about the internet. You never know whether someone is being sarcastic, silly, or serious.

I read it as a joking fuck off as well because of the '' afterwards.
oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was a bit of a clue...
Old 08-12-2010, 17:42
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post
Yeah I'm sorry for telling you to fuck off
Sorry or not, that one 'fuck off' has led to some really important discussion and things that needed saying about the reaction to PFAYM and the behaviour of the 'EVERYTHING IS BRILLIANT' brigade.
That one 'fuck off' was like the Rosa Parks of FD.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 08-12-2010, 17:45
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk View Post
That one 'fuck off' was like the Rosa Parks of FD.
That one line is just amazing in every way.