Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-05-2009, 17:58
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Sean comes across more opinionated and feisty than Nicky (well at least he did in the cut I saw at Sheffield anyway); it's brilliant
I loved his pure glee when he was explaining that one of his rifles was tank-proof and could witstand jumping out of a plane!
Old 03-05-2009, 18:17
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Give 'em a break, this project's a self-financed labour of love for them. And they're very nice people indeed.
thank you for being the first person i've seen to defend the makers of this film.
this is the first time i've checked out this thread...and i am happy to see there's more than one person who supports this film...but you others really disappoint me.

to those people who are spouting off rubbish, can you make a documentary and etc. all on your own?
and really, is making fun off the poster really necessary? why the feck are most of you people so cynical or WHATEVER IT IS that makes it cool to put everything down?

christ. get a life and if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

this is a bit angry, but you people don't really realise what you say can have real consequences. just a bunch of self-absorbed idiots spouting off comments. could you make a documentary? could you get it released? could you find ways of funding the film if you made it? could you risk riding an emotional rollcoster over making it? no? then just don't say anything.

this comment may be posted a bit too late but like...i've been needing to post this for a while. it disappoints me a lot that people are putting down the production of this film. it makes me hurt for the people who are making this film. those who are putting it down just don't understand the love they are putting into it, like Bambi said they are doing.

just get over yourselves and the need to put down something. you're criticizing the wrong thing.
Old 03-05-2009, 18:28
Desire on its knees

Location: Back home at the Edge of the Earth AKA Deepest Darkest East Devon

I think i've said previously, probably in this thread, that i support the film, and cannot wait to see it / for it to be released!
24/6/94 - Glastonbury Festival, 20/12/94 - London Apollo,21/10/96 - Exeter University, 19/12/98 - Exeter Westpoint Arena, 31/12/99-1/1/00 - Manic Millennium, 27/03/01 - Manchester Apollo, 28/03/01 - Manchester Apollo, 25/8/01 - Reading Festival, 14/12/02 - Plymouth Pavillions, 15/12/02 - Cardiff International Arena, 16/12/02 - Cardiff International Arena, 4/12/04 - Brighton Centre, 10/12/04 - Plymouth Pavillions, 11/01/05 - Cardiff International Arena, 22/01/05 - Cardiff Millennium Stadium (Tsunami Benefit Gig), 11/5/07 - Cardiff University, 12/5/07 - Cardiff University, 3/6/07 - Truro Hall for Cornwall, 21/8/08 - Newport Centre, 01/6/09 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall, 22/10/10 - Bournemouth Academy.
Old 03-05-2009, 18:32
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicAsh View Post
thank you for being the first person i've seen to defend the makers of this film.
this is the first time i've checked out this thread...and i am happy to see there's more than one person who supports this film...but you others really disappoint me.

to those people who are spouting off rubbish, can you make a documentary and etc. all on your own?
and really, is making fun off the poster really necessary? why the feck are most of you people so cynical or WHATEVER IT IS that makes it cool to put everything down?

this is a bit angry, but you people don't really realise what you say can have real consequences. just a bunch of self-absorbed idiots spouting off comments. could you make a documentary? could you get it released? could you find ways of funding the film if you made it? could you risk riding an emotional rollcoster over making it? no? then just don't say anything.

this comment may be posted a bit too late but like...i've been needing to post this for a while. it disappoints me a lot that people are putting down the production of this film. it makes me hurt for the people who are making this film. those who are putting it down just don't understand the love they are putting into it, like Bambi said they are doing.

just get over yourselves and the need to put down something. you're criticizing the wrong thing.
Fair play - post of the year.
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 03-05-2009, 18:33
Under neon loneliness

Well, a few of the comments made were definitely sarcastic, and the film makers would know that if they read them, because they know the people who have made them. I agree with you though, it's far easier to knock someone else's efforts than to make something yourself. I've known the director almost as long as I've been on this board, and I saw the first taster cut of the film several years ago, but I've always had faith that she'd get it finished and I now have every confidence that she'll go on to other projects and make a success of them too.
Old 03-05-2009, 18:37
Under neon loneliness

Location: In North Cornwall, bemoaning our lack of comedy venues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdavidj View Post
ooh, I might be able to see little old me then, though to be fair we were more towards the middle of the hall up until Motown Junk. 'Twas a strange experience for me that gig, after so many years of thinking I'd never get to see the band.
I was there, too. It was the first time I'd queued for a gig to ensure we were at the front and it was the first time we'd waited for the band afterwards, too. A wonderful day was had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
And is it just me or are Sean's contributions going to be the best thing about this film?

He smiles! He's relaxed!
I can't wait to see it in full - Sean should be chattier!

Look, I went and wrote some books for kids....(clicky linky!)
"The best thing in life to hold onto is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."
Old 03-05-2009, 18:50
Bored of being bored

That trailer is AWESOME! lol at James! and YES, they shud be known as one of the greatest rock bands of all time!!

*sparkle and believe*
Old 03-05-2009, 19:03
Freed from the century

If its half as good as Gigantic (the They Might Be Giants documentary shot around the time of Mink Car) I'm going to enjoy watching it
Old 03-05-2009, 22:24
Knowlede Is Power

Can anyone point anyone from on here out to me? I am nosey
Old 03-05-2009, 22:25
I live to fall asleep

Quote:

christ. you're the one that needs to calm down and put things into context.
true, a few people have been cynical, but i and a few others have said that what they have seen so far looks very good, and are looking forward to the film very much.
i don't believe i've ready many, or any, post of anyone questioning the credibility or abilities of the filmmakers, as we are all looking forward to it.
a few of us dislike the poster and think it looks tacky and shit. yeah. and so what? it does. that's fair comment and an aspect of what can be expected on a discussion board.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 03-05-2009, 22:27
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Well, a few of the comments made were definitely sarcastic, and the film makers would know that if they read them, because they know the people who have made them. I agree with you though, it's far easier to knock someone else's efforts than to make something yourself. I've known the director almost as long as I've been on this board, and I saw the first taster cut of the film several years ago, but I've always had faith that she'd get it finished and I now have every confidence that she'll go on to other projects and make a success of them too.
HEAR HEAR Seconded with knobs on! Or maybe that should be 'donded' if I was down with the kids....

When I wrote this, only God and I understood what I was doing. Now, God only knows. - Karl Weierstrass

'Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither' - Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-05-2009, 22:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
why the feck are most of you people so cynical or WHATEVER IT IS that makes it cool to put everything down?
We're British, it's what we do And we're experts at it. Not good form to do it in the hearing of the subject though...

When I wrote this, only God and I understood what I was doing. Now, God only knows. - Karl Weierstrass

'Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither' - Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-05-2009, 22:38
I live to fall asleep

britain apologises for having an opinion.
especially as it's only of one small aspect of a much larger project we're quite complimentary about.

WITH GRACE WE WILL SUFFER
WITH GRACE WE SHALL RECOVER

Old 03-05-2009, 22:48
Stretched out in the sun

Wasn't sure what to think of this, based on the god awful cover for what I guess will be the DVD. But then I watched the trailer and Nicky goes...

'I want chocolate that satisfies me, not chocolate that makes the world a better place.'

...and I was sold!
Old 03-05-2009, 23:02
Bored of being bored

To remind people that they can stop worrying about the infernal poster, from earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
I decided to email the WibbyWobbly guys to see how things are going, and got a very nice reply which, amongst other things, confirms the 'brick wall' poster is NOT for the finished product! Which is good news. It's just for taking to events to attract distributor interest etc.