Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-01-2011, 19:50
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
*fetches some pitchforks and torches*
let's have an angry mob!!

I don't know who it was btw (have been away so long I've lost track of folks) but it sucks
you're obliged to pretend respect for people and institutions you think absurd. you live attached in a cowardly fashion to moral and social conventions you despise, condemns, and know lack of all foundation. it is that permanent contradiction between your ideas and desires and all the dead formalities and vain pretenses of your civilization which makes you sad, troubled and unbalanced. in that intolerable conflict you lose all joy off life and all feeling of personality, because at every moment they suppress and restrain and check the free play of your powers. that's the poisoned and mortal wound of the civilized world.

Old 22-01-2011, 19:52
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
This is very disappointing. Obviously the person decided they wanted to go which is up to them, but they could at least have told you, it would have been the decent thing to do. Has the person contacted you with an apology, because it looks like they've been online so they must have seen this and how upset you are.
Nope no apology as yet.
My intention wasn't to embarrass the person, I just didn't know how many times I should contact someone about purchasing a ticket-that they clearly offered for sale-without me being overly pushy.
I am happy with the way I conducted myself.
But I love the Manics as much as anyone and everyone that posts here, so I am upset.
I will be positive though and hope to maybe meet some fellow FD'ers at gigs later this year
Luckily I have Isle Of Wight to look forward too! With the added bonus of Pulp being there
Old 22-01-2011, 21:47
Stretched out in the sun

I have to say, I've been on the opposite side of this at one point. Not quite in the same way, but I was due to go to a comedy gig with a coupleof forum members, and suddenly had a shitstorm of stuff going on in my personal life. I forgot about the gig until very late and left them to have to arrange someone else to go with them at the last minute. However, I felt incredibly guilty about it at the time and messages the forum members to apologise and put an apology thread on the open forum. As such, I'm pretty sure they don't hold it against me. An honest apology is all it takes.

I'd hate to have this happen to me. To build up my hope and excitement for a gig, and take it away without leaving me the opportunity to have time to buy another ticket, therefore completely knocking my hopes down would be awful,much worse than being on the way to a long distance gig and it getting cancelled. It's about much more than the ticket.
Old 22-01-2011, 21:50
Bored out of my mind

I had been going to get a ticket from someone and sent them the money but then the ticket got lost and the person wasn't in the country. They kindly got a relative to send me my money back and PM'd me along the way so I knew what was happening. Thought that was good of them as they could have just not bothered.
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Knowlede Is Power

BlueCat your right - it is about more than the ticket.
I noticed a few other threads offering tickets to Brixton gigs, but I tried to show a little loyalty and stick with the person I originally had an agreement with!!
Ah well, I won't let it dampen my enthusiasm, I am genuinely touched by the support
I live to fall asleep

Some guy from here offered to buy my ticket for Friday's gig which I didn't want to go to anymore. I had agreed a vague plan and I sent him my mobile number after he said that we could meet on Friday before the gig. Come Friday, fuck all. The bastards gone and let me down.

I'm in favour of name-and-shame in these instances.
Old 22-01-2011, 21:54
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding pepper View Post
Some guy from here offered to buy my ticket for Friday's gig which I didn't want to go to anymore. I had agreed a vague plan and I sent him my mobile number after he said that we could meet on Friday before the gig. Come Friday, fuck all. The bastards gone and let me down.

I'm in favour of name-and-shame in these instances.
That's out of order

I really don't understand how someone can do that.
I must admit I was sweating waiting for someone to turn up with my XFM ticket as she was running late! But on that occasion it was genuine and we had an awesome night!
So far I have had one success and one bad experience
Wonder what the next one will be
Old 22-01-2011, 22:06
Administrator

Name and shame gets problematic because you can't actually prove it, and it's one person's word against another....not that I'm saying for a minute I don't believe you - just you know....it raises a whole lot more trouble.

Sadly, I'll say what I said to someone who got ripped off on here...the ticket exchange forum is so fans who can't get tickets can find one...and for the most part it seems like it works well, with some odd exceptions; I'm really sorry you found one of those. If someone does take your money and doesn't provide a ticket, please let the Mods know. It's not too likely that we can do anything, but it's good if we know about it (i.e. if we get multiple complaints about the same member etc).
Old 22-01-2011, 22:09
Knowlede Is Power

Takk
Than you for your words.
I really do appreciate it works most of the time, and it is a wonderful idea, that I will probably use again.
A quick point about proof...PM's can go a long way to proving it!
But I take your point and please don't think I was trying to cause any offence, I was just feeling very let down.
Thanks again

Si
Old 22-01-2011, 22:11
Administrator

I didn't think you were . Just a general sort of reply...I think it's good to air this kind of thing and it's a shame you've missed out.

How do you prove what was in a PM though?
Old 22-01-2011, 22:14
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post

How do you prove what was in a PM though?
True I suppose, copying and pasting wouldn't count would it??!
(Not that I'm suggesting doing it).
I was having a bit of a brain fail then!!

Old 23-01-2011, 00:11
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
True I suppose, copying and pasting wouldn't count would it??!
(Not that I'm suggesting doing it).
I was having a bit of a brain fail then!!

You could take a print screen shot of it?

I'm slightly intrigued to know who it is...

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 23-01-2011, 01:08
Administrator

So does the person who did it have anything to say for themself?
Old 23-01-2011, 01:17
Winterlover

Ah, that's really rubbish I thought there was enough of a sense of community on here that people wouldn't rip each other off
Old 23-01-2011, 07:19
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyn View Post
Ah, that's really rubbish I thought there was enough of a sense of community on here that people wouldn't rip each other off
that has been my experience. loads on here were delighted to send us papers from around the world for the date that James was bought, all at their own expense - thank you once again, they are all locked away safe. i've also done a fair few exchanges.

it will be a great shame if all of a sudden a whole load of mistrust and not helping each other out comes in purely because of some unexplained actions from some.
blog