Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 16-05-2016, 19:22
Doors slowly closing

I really enjoyed hearing the whole of EMG live, possibly more than THB. Hell, I think I actually enjoyed KfC for the first time! When that kind of thing happens, you know the band are playing well! Ok I would've probably preferred it if it was just the 3 of them performing it like THB, but you can't have it all. Was so good to finally hear TGWWTBG, Interiors & Further Away live.

When the tour was announced I expected the second set to be hits-orientated. But when they started advertising it as 'classics & rarities' I did start expecting something along the lines of the excellent THB second sets (single, rarity, single, new song, etc...). Bad advertising I guess. I was little disappointed to see they seemingly have stopped playing You're Tender & You're Tired now in favour of a cover which really nobody gives a shit about. Very odd decision... Hopefully by Swansea they will have mixed it up a bit, even if it means throwing theWelsh football song in (which I actually really like!).
Old 16-05-2016, 20:51
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomanic View Post
I really enjoyed hearing the whole of EMG live, possibly more than THB. Hell, I think I actually enjoyed KfC for the first time! When that kind of thing happens, you know the band are playing well! Ok I would've probably preferred it if it was just the 3 of them performing it like THB, but you can't have it all. Was so good to finally hear TGWWTBG, Interiors & Further Away live.

When the tour was announced I expected the second set to be hits-orientated. But when they started advertising it as 'classics & rarities' I did start expecting something along the lines of the excellent THB second sets (single, rarity, single, new song, etc...). Bad advertising I guess. I was little disappointed to see they seemingly have stopped playing You're Tender & You're Tired now in favour of a cover which really nobody gives a shit about. Very odd decision... Hopefully by Swansea they will have mixed it up a bit, even if it means throwing theWelsh football song in (which I actually really like!).
Another from my neck of the woods.

How come I never see any manics fans in Sainsburys of greggs?

:-)
Old 16-05-2016, 22:55
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post

Ah, I missed that tour. Manics and lukewarm sausage rolls, can't be beat.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 17-05-2016, 19:35
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Another from my neck of the woods.

Good to know there is some taste around these parts, most people round here drive round blasting out dodgy R&B. So yeah if you hear anyone drive by playing MSP, its probably me!
Old 17-05-2016, 19:38
Footprint of history

Quote:
Good to know there is some taste around these parts, most people round here drive round blasting out dodgy R&B. So yeah if you hear anyone drive by playing MSP, its probably me!
I've hardly ever found any Manic fan's round this part, a bit to posh for us Yam Yams
Old 17-05-2016, 19:45
Winterlover

Quote:

Shame I didn't get to see you after the gig mate! I did wait around for a bit but guess you must have legged it!!
23/08/01 CIA, 06/04/05 Civic Hall, 24/05/06 Camden Barfly, 11/10/06 Birmingham Barfly, 12/05/07 Cardiff Uni, 21/05/07 Civic Hall, 27/05/07 Manchester Apollo, 02/06/07 Colston Hall, 09/06/07 Reading Hexagon, 08/12/07 Birmingham NIA, 12/12/07 Brixton Academy, 28/02/08 O2 Arena, 30/05/09 Roundhouse, 12/10/10 Derby Assembly Rooms, 14/12/10 Birmingham O2 Academy, 19/05/11 Civic Hall, 17/12/11 O2 Arena, 06/11/12 Rough Trade, 13/09/13 Newport Centre, 23/09/13 Colston Hall, 27/09/13 Manchester Ritz, 29/03/14 Cardiff Motorpoint, 31/03/14 Leicester De Montfort, 06/04/14 Civic Hall, 08/07/14 Rough Trade, 14/05/16 Genting Arena, 09/07/17 Llangollen, 06/10/17 Drama Studio, 16/03/18 Absolute Radio, 14/04/18 Rough Trade, 27/04/18 Birmingham Arena, 05/05/18 Cardiff Motorpoint

Twitter: @KhizzyJ
Old 17-05-2016, 21:21
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
I've hardly ever found any Manic fan's round this part, a bit to posh for us Yam Yams
We should meet up in Sainsburys cafe for a cuppa and sausage sarnie lol
Old 18-05-2016, 06:58
Footprint of history

Sounds like a plan, lol, I believe Noncultureicons lives in the area too, so did Mr Richey but he sold his soul and moved to the darkside known as Brum

Last edited by Littlesue; 18-05-2016 at 07:02.
Old 18-05-2016, 07:41
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Sounds like a plan, lol, I believe Noncultureicons lives in the area too, so did Mr Richey but he sold his soul and moved to the darkside known as Brum
And here I was thinking I was the only one who didn't listen to urban grime and r&b round here lol
Old 19-05-2016, 21:27
Bored out of my mind

As I said in the Liverpool thread, the RAH gigs have kind of overshadowed the first two dates of the tour for me, but fun was still had! The crowd were livelier here (at least down the front anyway) than in Liverpool, but then I suppose it was a Saturday night.

Some photos:

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 29-07-2017 at 14:27.
Old 28-05-2016, 10:48
Freed from the century

I enjoyed the gig. There was still plenty of space when we arrived 15 minutes before the manics were on. We sat in the pub until then. We were second row on James's side. When the show finishes we had a confetti fight. Yes were are in our thirties but it was fun

I got a EMG t shirt at the merch stall.