Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 28-12-2007, 19:48
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterlanguage View Post
one of the old Spectators Of Suicide comp. videos
What was that?
Old 28-12-2007, 21:22
Guest7437

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveMe View Post
Is Lori Fidler the girl JDB was reportedly shouting angrily at outside a gig somewhere on his solo tour?
I've only ever seen a picture of her and heard she lives in America and isn't much of a Manics fan anymore.
Old 29-12-2007, 01:22
I am purity, they call me perverted

I remember this - I've been transferring all my old VHS to DVDR recently and watched it. It's crap.
Birmingham 16.5.91 (cancelled)- Birmingham 5.12.91 (cancelled) -Leicester 30.1.92 - Birmingham 11.2.92 - Leicester 16.10.92 - Wolves 9.7.93 - Swansea 8.8.93 - Leicester 26.1.94 - London 28.5.94 - Wolves 8.10.94 - Leeds 9.4.96 - Birmingham 12.10.96 - Birmingham 6.4.97 - London 12.4.97 - Cardiff 13.9.98 - Stoke 21.9.98 - Manchester 11.12.98 - London 15.12.98 - Birmingham 18.12.98 - Cardiff 21.12.98 - Kinross 13.7.99 - Stafford 22.8.99 - London 7.2.01 - Manchester 27+28.3.01 - London 30+31.3.01 - Reading 25.8.01 - London 12.9.01 - London 7.12.02 - Brighton 12.12.02 - Brighton 4.12.04 - London 9.12.04 - London 8.7.06 - London 19.10.06 - London 29.5.07 - London 11.12.07 - London 28.2.08 - London 29.5.09 - London 17.12.11 - Brixton 12.4.14 - Hoxton 8.7.14 - London 16.12.14
Old 29-12-2007, 01:42
I am purity, they call me perverted

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouLoveMe View Post
Is Lori Fidler the girl JDB was reportedly shouting angrily at outside a gig somewhere on his solo tour?
your spot on, my friend went to that gig and apparently he was shouting at her to leave him alone. when richey was around her and him were pen friends and she had photos took with him, bought one another prezzies stuff like that, but apparently the other manics hated her as she and him had got so pally. also there was a lot of rumours going round that she was the one who he left the note and box of prezzies for and that he was staying with her for 2 months in new york where she was from, but when pulled up about it she denied it and that they were ever more than friends. she has only recently started going to james and nicks solo gigs and apparently james was rageing and asking her what she was doin there after what had happened with there friend. my mate said it was the best entertainment she had seen in a long time and had never seen james like that. how did you find out about it, you love me.
Old 29-12-2007, 09:44
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Exit View Post
What was that?
About ten years back, a chap up north used to do loads of different compilation videos of TV stuff, rare Japanese stuff etc - there must have been nearly ten of them in the end. A lot of the youtube / DVD compilations that turn up on ebay were obviously ripped from the VHS copies.
Old 29-12-2007, 09:51
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Uddin View Post
The best thing of that documentary was that we got this aslo for some reason I've got this on my computer so if anyone wants it ask and I'll upload it in S&V.
Could you upload it to s&v please?
Old 29-12-2007, 10:27
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Just thought of a random fact about that documentary - one of the male fans who is interviewed allegedly jumped off the Severn Bridge not long after it was made.

Can anyone upload the documentary that Becky Craig appeared on talking about 4st 7lb - if I remember rightly it was called 'The Dragon Writes Back' - it's a really good one about the Manics & fans being influenced to write. It's been years since I've seen it.
Old 29-12-2007, 11:46
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intravenous_Agnostic View Post
Could you upload it to s&v please?
sure
Old 29-12-2007, 11:49
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily37 View Post
your spot on, my friend went to that gig and apparently he was shouting at her to leave him alone. when richey was around her and him were pen friends and she had photos took with him, bought one another prezzies stuff like that, but apparently the other manics hated her as she and him had got so pally. also there was a lot of rumours going round that she was the one who he left the note and box of prezzies for and that he was staying with her for 2 months in new york where she was from, but when pulled up about it she denied it and that they were ever more than friends. she has only recently started going to james and nicks solo gigs and apparently james was rageing and asking her what she was doin there after what had happened with there friend. my mate said it was the best entertainment she had seen in a long time and had never seen james like that. how did you find out about it, you love me.
If you are talking about cambridge, that doesn't sound like what James said was going on....
Old 29-12-2007, 12:44
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takk View Post
If you are talking about cambridge, that doesn't sound like what James said was going on....
Sounds like James was angry if this is true. She sounds like a strange "fan".
Old 29-12-2007, 14:15
Winterlover

Quote:
Just thought of a random fact about that documentary - one of the male fans who is interviewed allegedly jumped off the Severn Bridge not long after it was made.

Can anyone upload the documentary that Becky Craig appeared on talking about 4st 7lb - if I remember rightly it was called 'The Dragon Writes Back' - it's a really good one about the Manics & fans being influenced to write. It's been years since I've seen it.
Had he watched it before he jumped?

I wrote the whole of The Holy Bible, bar 4st 7lbs, obviously, but keep it to yourself now

Good job Al Fayed's no interest in Richey Edwards, he'd be calling for an inquiry that'd look/sound something like The Rocky Horror Show
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson
Old 29-12-2007, 19:59
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily37 View Post
how did you find out about it, you love me.
It was well documented on here after it happened as a few FDer's were there. From what I gather, she was accusing James (and co) of knowing where Richey is etc.

Personally, from what I've heard, it doesn't sound very "entertaining" and James seemed genuinely angry and upset about it all which isn't nice.
Old 29-12-2007, 20:05
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild View Post
It was well documented on here after it happened as a few FDer's were there. From what I gather, she was accusing James (and co) of knowing where Richey is etc.

Personally, from what I've heard, it doesn't sound very "entertaining" and James seemed genuinely angry and upset about it all which isn't nice.
and "harrassing hall or nothing staff for years" apparently...
Old 29-12-2007, 20:20
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild View Post
Why the bloody hell would they know? What a horrible thing to say to someone... I'm not suprised James was angry.
Old 29-12-2007, 20:32
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
About ten years back, a chap up north used to do loads of different compilation videos of TV stuff, rare Japanese stuff etc - there must have been nearly ten of them in the end. A lot of the youtube / DVD compilations that turn up on ebay were obviously ripped from the VHS copies.
Ah right thanks. I didn't think "becky with no make-up on" sounded familiar!