Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 14-09-2015, 00:43
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Any video footage from this gig? I saw a video interview with Nicky on Absolute Radio on Youtube earlier.
my videos over here (2nd row, bad quality)
youtu.be/xD2MFOh6fMU?a MASH
youtu.be/-At8Af_4eTM?a TOLERATE
http://youtu.be/5Heknbk3X7U?a From Despair To where fragment
Old 14-09-2015, 12:17
Doors slowly closing

What was the song someone shouted for that he said he couldn't remember the words/music to?
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 14-09-2015, 12:53
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
What was the song someone shouted for that he said he couldn't remember the words/music to?
Tokyo Skyline.
Old 14-09-2015, 23:12
Winterlover

This has really been bugging me but what in the hades did nicky say during the bridge of design for life that absolute radio clearly edited out? Fill in the blank. Go...

"Give it up for our new leader, Mr... do not go gentle into that good night, people!"

Mr jeremy corbyn by any chance? The scamp - nicky, not corbyn.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 15-09-2015, 11:11
I am purity, they call me perverted

"Mr James Dean Fucking Bradfield", I'd wager.
Old 15-09-2015, 19:09
Winterlover

Hurm. I thought that but they were apologising for the swearing all evening so it seems odd they'd then edit it out. Come on, someone confirm. I need closure.
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 15-09-2015, 19:42
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Any video footage from this gig? I saw a video interview with Nicky on Absolute Radio on Youtube earlier.
Here's the three songs I filmed on my potato camera. They're from the front row, mostly James.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvXpCbNHXhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqMkHt6xzpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZVcTwdY1Is

I'm gonna invest in a better camera for the next tour, I reckon.
Old 15-09-2015, 19:46
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Hurm. I thought that but they were apologising for the swearing all evening so it seems odd they'd then edit it out. Come on, someone confirm. I need closure.
They were on a delay of at least a couple of minutes, so I can't see an excuse for not editing out swearing, To take out a whole chunk of dialogue and still leave the F-bombs in seems clumsy.
Old 15-09-2015, 20:06
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim View Post
"Mr James Dean Fucking Bradfield", I'd wager.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYvDzzwstvM

You were indeed correct. Just put it down to incompetent editing.

As you were.
Old 16-09-2015, 22:21
Bored out of my mind

Oops I meant to post in here the other day, but just been busy! I actually enjoyed this far, far more than I was expecting to. The gig was tagged on to the end of a weekend of theatre trips and we legged it from seeing Benedict Cumberbatch in Hamlet at the Barbican in the afternoon over to Blackheath and arrived about 30 minutes before the band came on. I must admit, I had a slight feeling of dread about the whole thing, even as we were walking up to the festival site (I just wasn't really in the mood for a big crowd, especially after all the theatre...which is far more civilised; you get a chair and everything ). Still managed second row though, which was better than I was expecting by that time. The band and crowd seemed up for it and the setlist had a few nice surprises in there (I particularly liked the return of Jackie Collins).

There were a few knobs round us though. Some really tall bloke with very long black hair skittled everyone on the first couple of rows out the way during Tolerate and stole someone's barrier spot. Lots of arguing between various groups of people ensued, security came over and eventually long haired guy backed off to the second row with a woman who had asked if she could squeeze in front of me (I said no). Just fuck off! You're still close to the stage, just enjoy it for goodness sake. Thankfully managed to block most of it out and became engrossed by the band instead. As the last gig of the year, I didn't want it spoiled by selfish dicks...but thankfully it wasn't. Loved the confetti at the end too, wasn't expecting that with them not being headliners. We didn't stay for Elbow but went for a late (and much needed) dinner instead. The gig was definitely the cherry on top of the icing of a lovely weekend in London and a good way to round off this 'era' of Manics (before they inevitably come back next year to do EMG20 ).

I took a handful of photos, which I will upload at some point, although they're not that great and annoyingly the cameraman for the screens was in the way a lot of the time.
Old 20-09-2015, 14:22
Bored out of my mind

Bit late but here are a handful of my photos (as I said above, the cameraman for the screen was annoyingly in the way of most of them):

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 14-08-2017 at 19:31.
Old 20-09-2015, 14:39
Builder of routine

nice photos anyway.. it's James's fault really for not being taller
Old 20-09-2015, 20:16
A self-made vacuum

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Bit late but here are a handful of my photos (as I said above, the cameraman for the screen was annoyingly in the way of most of them):