Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 22-11-2017, 09:47
A self-made vacuum

Got one for Leeds. That was a struggle. It wouldn't work on my phone. No where to put in a code. It just said 'pre sale happening now's. Here. Anyway used a work computer. I hope I can change the delivery address as I'm moving next month. There wasn't anywhere to add a separate delivery address. Urk
Old 22-11-2017, 09:52
Stretched out in the sun

Sorted a pair for Llandundo, was always gonna be me first priority with it actually being a nice place and not an arena.

Just had a quick look on viagogo, there are already 541 tickets on there across the tour. 20 minutes after the pre-sale started. WHY. I hope all the touts end up selling their tickets at a loss, I'll have Manchester and Leeds ta. Cunts.
Old 22-11-2017, 09:57
Bored out of my mind

Very much doubt it was all individual touts doing that. Viagogo and the like get tickets straight from the promoter and just sell them as a ‘premium’ product from the start. Sadly that’s the way live music is now.
Old 22-11-2017, 10:11
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Very much doubt it was all individual touts doing that. Viagogo and the like get tickets straight from the promoter and just sell them as a ‘premium’ product from the start. Sadly that’s the way live music is now.
I don't care who they are, individual or not, I hope they lose out.

Surprised touts still think it's worth their while for a band like Manics, who are nowhere near as popular as they were at their peak and have spent more time playing academies than arenas over the last decade. Course we know that, but having a mate who works for a ticket agency and hearing about some of the calls and emails he gets, it looks like there are plenty of people who aren't as familiar with the ticket buying process as we are and do get taken in...

I mean fuck me... while I was checking viagogo, that site is such bullshit.. it gives you a long countdown and tries saying you're in such a long queue cos everyone's looking at the same tickets so if you don't panic buy em they'll be gone soon. It actually says on the site the event is about to sell out. Before it's on general sale.. Surely you'd think there'd be a bit of a trade description breach there. Suppose there'll be loopholes cos there always fucking is... viagogo are running out of tickets, they're about to sell out... doesn't matter if they're still readily available on ticketmaster, seetickets, gigs andtours, ticketline... How is it not false advertising?

That said, we probably will get the chance to use these fuckers to our advantage nearer the time. I've used viagogo and stubhub once each this year, between a Radiohead and Goldfrapp gig I've saved about £40 on their face values.

Last edited by sculptureofabloke; 22-11-2017 at 10:20.
Old 22-11-2017, 10:17
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post
....and £15 in extra charges by Ticketmaster is f****** shocking.

Service Charge?? Facilities Charge??? When I went xmas shopping on Monday I can't remember being charged to go into the shops or having to pay the staff to actually serve me
The service charge is the only money that Ticketmaster get - that includes handling the sale, with servers and stuff to sort out, making the transaction with the bank, fees to pay for that, stuffing the envelope, and sending it via courier to you.

Facilities charge - that's a new one on me.

Ask MSP about the rest of the 40 quid
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 22-11-2017, 10:21
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
I don't care who they are, individual or not, I hope they lose out.
I was only pointing it out because I still see talk of “touts” everywhere when it’s the actual ticket companies and promoters most of the time, rather than some chancers just trying to make an extra few quid like it used to be. It’s a systemic problem nowadays and I don’t see it changing without legislation, but there’s no way this government would give a toss about it when they probably have shares in the ticket companies themselves anyway.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the tickets on there now magically become “extra tickets released” on general sale once they realise they can’t shift them at that price. I’ve also seen stories of people clicking through to such sites from Google and assuming those are the standard ticket prices and just buy them without checking the usual outlets, so yeah people should be more savvy to such things really.
Old 22-11-2017, 10:21
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
The service charge is the only money that Ticketmaster get - that includes handling the sale, with servers and stuff to sort out, making the transaction with the bank, fees to pay for that, stuffing the envelope, and sending it via courier to you.

Facilities charge - that's a new one on me.

Ask MSP about the rest of the 40 quid
You forgot about Getmein.
Old 22-11-2017, 10:28
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
I was only pointing it out because I still see talk of “touts” everywhere when it’s the actual ticket companies and promoters most of the time, rather than some chancers just trying to make an extra few quid like it used to be. It’s a systemic problem nowadays and I don’t see it changing without legislation, but there’s no way this government would give a toss about it when they probably have shares in the ticket companies themselves anyway.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of the tickets on there now magically become “extra tickets released” on general sale once they realise they can’t shift them at that price. I’ve also seen stories of people clicking through to such sites from Google and assuming those are the standard ticket prices and just buy them without checking the usual outlets, so yeah people should be more savvy to such things really.
Don't think there's a distinction to make really, whoever it is the aim is the same. Course Ticketmaster own Getmein, and in a fucked up way I can't help but feel a little bit impressed by how brazen they are about it, absolutely no fucks given. You're right though, the government don't give a shit, but we don't need to rely on them to stop this, if it means the artists themselves insisting on such and such ant-touting measures, so be it. And it should be very much in the interests of the artists to sort this shit out - they're not getting anything out of it, it's not their fault this is happening but people will blame them anyway.
Old 22-11-2017, 10:34
Bored out of my mind

I think there is a distinction, because if the system is corrupt from the inside you’ve got less chance of combatting it than if you’re just putting stricter measures in place on re-selling tickets/stricter I.D. requirements etc. Both are important, but one is more controllable by bands/management themselves than the other.

But anyway...I should probably do some work now, bloody Manics have taken up too much of my morning already
Old 22-11-2017, 11:14
Stretched out in the sun

Can still get both birds with the same stone though eh?

The artists have the power here, Tickemaster etc would be fucked without em, artists don't need Ticketmaster etc. Fuck it, if they can sell t-shirts and mugs on their site, they can sell tickets, no reason at all why they can't. No reason at all why any artist/event organiser can't turn around to the agents and say ok we want it done this way, it works for Glastonbury year in year out and I've had it with Kate Bush and David Gilmour too. Aye, I think stricter ID requirements is the way to go definitely. Security has got stricter anyway so it's not like checking people's ID is gonna be a huge inconvenience anyway. Maybe security at venues will be more like airports in the future anyway.
Old 22-11-2017, 11:33
Bored out of my mind

Trouble is that Live Nation is part of the same company as Ticketmaster. Live Nation owns or at least has rights in a lot of music venues (don’t know about specific ones on this Manics tour, but I would imagine some UK arenas are), so it all comes as part of the deal. Bands would probably not be able to play a lot of major venues if they boycotted Ticketmaster.
Old 22-11-2017, 11:44
Stretched out in the sun

Fair enough, the venues have more bargaining power than the agents, but lets not kid ourselves, without the artists, comedians and other events etc bringing people to the venues they'd be fucked too. Course it's not like the way things are now, the venues will struggle to book acts or the acts will struggle to find venues, but I think the acts are holding more aces, more can be done.
Old 22-11-2017, 12:10
I am purity, they call me perverted

Got my tickets today. Although Cardiff is the nearest for me, I've actually gone with Newcastle because reasons.

People need not to panic about this. Speaking even as a massive Manics fan, these dates are not going to sell out, with the likely exception of Cardiff (and maybe Llandudno)...
Old 22-11-2017, 13:04
Desire on its knees

something's wrong here... firstly i forgot the presale was even happening - then once on it, half an hour in or so, two tickets for Manchester in the basket, i looked at the £80+ hit looming and just thought.... fuck that.

can't see it selling out in the near future, so will see nearer the time how i feel about it. maybe hearing a new tune or two will convince me more, but at the minute the thought of £80+ to see them walk on stage at the back end of the MEN and kick into the usual Motorcycle opener just doesn't appeal. will hold out for a follow up theatre tour i think.

that being said, another thought did occur - maybe the optimistic arena bookings now will coincide with some forthcoming, yet-to-be-announced Truth celebration?
Old 22-11-2017, 14:36
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Sorted a pair for Llandundo, was always gonna be me first priority with it actually being a nice place and not an arena.

Just had a quick look on viagogo, there are already 541 tickets on there across the tour. 20 minutes after the pre-sale started. WHY. I hope all the touts end up selling their tickets at a loss, I'll have Manchester and Leeds ta. Cunts.
Ha, that’s good news for everyone other than the touts. They’ll do well to make back half the face value.