Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-09-2021, 23:57
I am purity, they call me perverted

The Ultra Vivid Lament Goes Nr 1!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...a-vivid-lament

Thought this deserves its own thread. I find myself pretty damn happy at this piece of news. I feel myself part of the UK now and its not like this state gives out genuinely good news on a daily, monthly or even yearly basis. In the dull constant hellscape of boring nothingness that is the Real Apocalypse, hearing this news from my girlfriend tonight was a genuine dash of colour. I know this stuff is SUPER important to Sean, Nicky and James and I'm genuinely happy they achieved it.

(Turned out its important to me to)

First after This is My Truth. And with such a weird off kilter album too! Finally their conceptual weirdness and lifeblood-like elegics -- the side of them I like the most -- rewarded on the only scale that means anything in capitalism. I wonder how this affirmation changes their thinking now? Seeing as they're --understandably, being populists -- sensitive to such market feedback. Will it mean a new era of bolder, more conceptual pop moves?

And what are your emotions on this? As said, I find myself a happy camper. I also realize, in hindsight, that it was irking me they hadn't gone nr 1, worrying me even. I just couldn't admit it because I didn't think it would happen again.

Also, Orwellian was mostly a miss, but The Secret He Had Missed is a little hit from my anecdotal evidence. Playing many times a day on every radio I hear -- that's radio sussex and bbc 6 -- and it sounds perfect. Like a little sparkling stone. I love hearing the "Walls defeated by the sea..." line casually gliding by in the other room.

My friends and more casual manics listeners seem to be liking it too.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Marat Sar; 18-09-2021 at 00:00.