Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 23-10-2022, 18:07
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
That delay sounds agonising, but it is worth it
EDIT: including today you've got 13 days to go!
A few Canadian fans ordered it through Amazon Canada when it was released Sept. 16. Not available on iTunes or Google Play, as fas as I know. It was shipped from Chalkys Sept. 21 with a delivery window of Oct. 13-Nov. 3.
Old 23-10-2022, 20:43
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozendiva View Post
A few Canadian fans ordered it through Amazon Canada when it was released Sept. 16. Not available on iTunes or Google Play, as fas as I know. It was shipped from Chalkys Sept. 21 with a delivery window of Oct. 13-Nov. 3.
So it could be delivered... *Dramatic tumble Any time at all! You'll love it
Old 24-10-2022, 21:18
Stretched out in the sun

It arrived today. A bit of a struggle to get it out of the superbox mail slot.
Old 07-11-2022, 23:36
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
KYE Anniversary. More concrete and real than a new Silent Hill title.
Funny thing is we've now got confirmation of new Silent Hill stuff. Games, not your skateboarding stuff.
"Harry, you're right! That is a magic lamp!" to quote a scene from an I Love Lucy repeat.
Old 24-11-2022, 16:50
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar_bear View Post
Mine currently sit under 'Know Your Enemy (Deluxe Edition)' in Apple music. Very tempted to break them out like this.

Already made the non-album tracks a nominal disc 3 and the demos disc 4.

*EDIT*
Hacked together some artwork so each disc has the right album name. Based on the re-issue artwork...

1200x12000px versions: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...qI?usp=sharing

Bit late but thank you for these. much appreciated.
Old 15-01-2023, 23:51

Bit late to this one, as I held back and got it for Christmas. Have finished listening to it properly now and think it is the best reissue they have done. I just wish they had done it as a proper double album and consigned the alternative versions and some of the weaker b-sides to the third disc.

Listening to it over the past few weeks, a 2 x 12 songs double album would have been great and would have been a far more coherent album than the one they released. I have always thought that Know Your Enemy should have been a short, back-to-basics album and like Solidarity in sound. Listening to this reissue though, a double album would have been great. The only problem is I suppose is whether some of the b-sides an unreleased would have been around at the time of the album's release.

As I say, I always thought Solidarity was the kind of album Know Yoyr Enemy should have been, but I really like Door to the Riveron the reissue. If they had only left some of the other versions out and moved Baby Elian across, it would make a really good album.

Last edited by tomd2103; 15-01-2023 at 23:57.
Old 19-03-2023, 09:41
Bored of being bored

Happy twenty second birthday to Know Your Enemy! A good day to finally announce some live shows to support the reissue?
Old 05-09-2023, 15:53

Finally, year or so after release, I'm giving the KYE Reissue some proper listenings. I delved in a little last year but found some of the tracks too polished (more radio friendly maybe?) and missed the distortion. Especially tracks like Guernica, Freedom of Speech, Intraveous.

His Last Painting has always been a favourite, a true beauty. I put on the 2022 version yesterday and loved it. Slightly different feel, more spacious; I may even prefer it to the original.

Listening through yesterday and today, its half and half - the original version for some, remaster others. Am enjoying the new songs (Rosebud in particular), the B Sides, and some of the demos are great (Epicentre is wonderful).

The physical copy is next on my list - the Japanese 3CD set had some live bonus tracks, the collectable Obi..etc. Perhaps that one, the JP issues always look good.

Last edited by IrelandCalling4; 05-09-2023 at 15:58.
Old 13-09-2023, 02:20
Bored of being bored

I said it before, I’ll say it again
They did tremendous justice to this album with the remix.
It is so freaking good. Best Manics release since the holy Bible
Old 04-10-2023, 16:21
Bored of being bored

Had this on whilst working today.

The flow of Found that Soul into We Are All Bourgeois Now just grates like crazy. Couldn't someone have picked that up during the remastering/reordering process?
Old 04-10-2023, 18:05
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
Had this on whilst working today.

The flow of Found that Soul into We Are All Bourgeois Now just grates like crazy. Couldn't someone have picked that up during the remastering/reordering process?
This reminds me that I still wonder whether the order of tracks was random on purpose, to encourage people to work out their own. That only makes sense with a digital version obviously, but I only listened to the 2022 track list a couple of times before I started messing around with it.
Old 04-10-2023, 19:06

The order was a pack of fag packet list of songs before they went into the studio hence why we have both Masses and Valley Boy. It's a shame really, because they could used all the available tracks (including stuff like Pedestal and Locust Valley) to mold these two distinct albums and structure them so they have a more consistent flow but true to the original intent. The re-release just ends up feeling more scattered than the original release and that's saying something.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 04-10-2023, 19:56

This first part isn't directed at you at all Routine Builder, just venting... why would they release it in fag packet order when it was meant to be a double album and they must have had some structure in mind, and with the SWSS Avalanches remix included? FFS.... that Wire bloke...

Anyway.

As you say, the available tracks definitely weren't used as they could have been like you say. This is the version I'm listening to now if you're on Spotify, I'll probably tweak it a bit again.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/59...Za9iQRG0ZOnsNv
Old 05-10-2023, 21:58
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterlanguage View Post
This reminds me that I still wonder whether the order of tracks was random on purpose, to encourage people to work out their own. That only makes sense with a digital version obviously, but I only listened to the 2022 track list a couple of times before I started messing around with it.
That really doesn't feel like a Manics thing to do... although I seem to remember the Kaiser Chiefs had an album once where you selected the order of the songs and they sent you the album in that order.