Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 27-08-2009, 22:07
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriegspiel View Post
the house on parliament sounds good and it's only a 7 minute walk to the venue.
what time do you all plan on queuing up?
Oh good! I'm glad you seem cool with the pub, now let’s wait and see what the others think.

Not too sure about queuing...haven't done that since my early 20s so I personally might pass on that one and let you youngin's go crazy in your race for front of stage. Besides, I always manage to get to front stage no matter how far back I usually begin the night.

As for when to queue, I'm not too sure. There will definitely be one, but at what time it starts is a bit of a mystery. They're not a particularly huge band over here and the fact that they haven't come this way in 10 years kind of leaves it all up in the air.
At this stage, I would say it's a bit hard to gauge just how many people are willing to stand in line for a prolonged period of time just to get front row. Still, you may want to aim for being down there by at least mid-day, maybe earlier.
Old 27-08-2009, 22:16
Doors slowly closing

Oh god, why do I keep reading these threads? I wanna plan queuing!
Old 27-08-2009, 22:31
Bored of being bored

fail

Last edited by kriegspiel; 29-08-2009 at 14:25.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:09
I am purity, they call me perverted

Wha-?! Lining up by midday?!? Are you serious?

I've never lined up that early for a concert. Granted, I haven't seen a concert in about 8 years, but for the multitude I did see, I never lined up more than 2 hours before ......

I guess I'll bring my binoculars and plan on inching my way near the front of the stage.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:12
Winterlover

Hahaha!!! Yeah, you and me both, hun!
Old 29-08-2009, 01:14

LOL. My husband said he'd be happy to slink at the back near the bar and leave me to do my thing. Whatever that is.

(*squealing* James! I love you! James! *sheepish glances at the bar*)
Old 29-08-2009, 01:33
Winterlover

LOL! Well, I can't say I blame him! Still, you never know, seeing them live might make him a convert.

While your screaming your love for James, Ill be slithering my way to the front trying to get pics of Nicky while screaming for 'Yes'. Doubt they'll play it, but that won't stop me from bellowing it at the top of my lungs in the hopes that Theyll take pity on me. LOL!
Old 29-08-2009, 01:38
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender View Post
LOL! Well, I can't say I blame him! Still, you never know, seeing them live might make him a convert.

While your screaming your love for James, Ill be slithering my way to the front trying to get pics of Nicky while screaming for 'Yes'. Doubt they'll play it, but that won't stop me from bellowing it at the top of my lungs in the hopes that Theyll take pity on me. LOL!
lol good plan!
i don't know how early i can get there because of class, but i'm excited

also thegreatpretender - A+ avatar

last.fm
Old 29-08-2009, 01:49
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvizcocker View Post
lol good plan!
i don't know how early i can get there because of class, but i'm excited

also thegreatpretender - A+ avatar
Thanks darling! I knew you of all people would love that still from The Man who fell to earth. Even though he was so skinny during that period, he some how looks awesome in that shot! So strange!

Anyway, yeah don't miss class or anything b/c I doubt queueing that early is neccesary. As long as you get there at least 2 hours ahead of time, I think you should be golden. Mid-day was just a suggestion to Kreigspiel just in case the line starts earlier...was more of a suggestion for her and others to guage what's going on outside the venue.
Old 29-08-2009, 01:50

Quote:

Can I bellow 'Yes' with you? Also, can we request 'Mausoleum'? And 'Enola/Alone'? I guess they won't be bringing the string quartet along for 'This Joke Spot Severed' either, so there's not much point in bellowing that.

My cell-phone doesn't have a camera .... It's sad, and I don't think the husband would appreciate me using his to assuage my unnatural lust for another man.

(I remember bellowing 'I Kicked a Boy' at the Sundays concert so much that the band said, "Uh ... we didn't rehearse that.")
Old 29-08-2009, 02:13
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irradiata View Post
Can I bellow 'Yes' with you? Also, can we request 'Mausoleum'? And 'Enola/Alone'? I guess they won't be bringing the string quartet along for 'This Joke Spot Severed' either, so there's not much point in bellowing that.

My cell-phone doesn't have a camera .... It's sad, and I don't think the husband would appreciate me using his to assuage my unnatural lust for another man.

(I remember bellowing 'I Kicked a Boy' at the Sundays concert so much that the band said, "Uh ... we didn't rehearse that.")
HAHAHA! The Sundays! Christ, I forgot about them!

Hey, Mausoleum works for me too though apparently he refuses to play it anymore b/c he has difficulty singing it. Still, that shouldn't deter us!
I also hope they play This Joke Sport Severed too. Actually, we might legitimately have a shot at hearing that one anyway strings or no strings.

Don't worry about the pix...I'm bringing both my iPHone and a digital so hopefully I'll get some good shots. I'll of course share what I have but don't tell your hubby!

actually, Kreigspiel seems like a really great photographer. I've seen some of her gig photography and it's pretty top notch. Hopefully she takes some snaps herself.
Old 29-08-2009, 02:32
Freed from the century

Quote:
Thanks darling! I knew you of all people would love that still from The Man who fell to earth. Even though he was so skinny during that period, he some how looks awesome in that shot! So strange!

Anyway, yeah don't miss class or anything b/c I doubt queueing that early is neccesary. As long as you get there at least 2 hours ahead of time, I think you should be golden. Mid-day was just a suggestion to Kreigspiel just in case the line starts earlier...was more of a suggestion for her and others to guage what's going on outside the venue.
he was tiny but gorgeous. honestly though, i would even jump diamond dogs era bowie. i don't know what that says about me.

i will try to get there as early as possible i guess. manix > uni.

last.fm
Old 29-08-2009, 02:47
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvizcocker View Post
he was tiny but gorgeous. honestly though, i would even jump diamond dogs era bowie. i don't know what that says about me.

i will try to get there as early as possible i guess. manix > uni.
I would say there's absolutely nothing wrong with you for crushing on DD era Bowie. Hell, I'd have jumped him myself though the hair was quite bad during that period...colour was cool, but the cut was putrid!

Btw, are you sure you have classes on the 4th? It's a Sunday, you know?

As an aside, I forgot you kids start uni in Ontario now at 18. I didn't start until 19...we had the dreaded O.A.C credits in my day.
What uni are you going to, U of T or Ryerson?
Old 29-08-2009, 03:08
Freed from the century

Quote:
I would say there's absolutely nothing wrong with you for crushing on DD era Bowie. Hell, I'd have jumped him myself though the hair was quite bad during that period...colour was cool, but the cut was putrid!

Btw, are you sure you have classes on the 4th? It's a Sunday, you know?

As an aside, I forgot you kids start uni in Ontario now at 18. I didn't start until 19...we had the dreaded O.A.C credits in my day.
What uni are you going to, U of T or Ryerson?
i find the prospect of trying to coerce super-fragile bowie into eating icecream/drinking milk oddly enticing.

the cut was quite bad but what worries me most is that according to nicholas pegg he was so dehydrated/malnourished/idk that his gums kept on sticking to his teeth. also green peppers. not a fan.

LOL i thought it was on a friday for some reason! okay perfect gonna be there midday or whatever.

i started at 17 and i'll be at uoft this year. i'm pretty sure i can pass for 19 though, got ids and whatnot.

last.fm
Old 29-08-2009, 20:14

Quote:
Oh good! I'm glad you seem cool with the pub, now let’s wait and see what the others think.

Not too sure about queuing...haven't done that since my early 20s so I personally might pass on that one and let you youngin's go crazy in your race for front of stage. Besides, I always manage to get to front stage no matter how far back I usually begin the night.

As for when to queue, I'm not too sure. There will definitely be one, but at what time it starts is a bit of a mystery. They're not a particularly huge band over here and the fact that they haven't come this way in 10 years kind of leaves it all up in the air.
At this stage, I would say it's a bit hard to gauge just how many people are willing to stand in line for a prolonged period of time just to get front row. Still, you may want to aim for being down there by at least mid-day, maybe earlier.
I don't know how many Manics fans there are in Canada, probably a lot more than in the US, but I doubt prolonged queing is nescessary to get up front. Especially in the small venues.