Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 06-02-2012, 18:50
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
The record label and the band saw "Be Natural" as the lead single from Truth and Tolerate as a b-side. It wasn't until the famous comet sound was added to Tolerate that they realised that the song could be a single. The rest, as they say, is history.
Thanks, I didn't know this. [but then, I'm relatively new in all this manicsy business ]
I like "Be Natural", but the way "Tolerate" sounds as a single [with the comet sound], it's more like a single than BN. [which was obvious, cuz Tolerate was #1]
Old 06-02-2012, 21:26
Bored out of my mind

Dave Eringa 'fluked a good one' on the day, just as the record execs were getting ready to listen to the song! (with regard to Tolerate)
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 06-02-2012, 21:48
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Dave Eringa 'fluked a good one' on the day, just as the record execs were getting ready to listen to the song! (with regard to Tolerate)
Eringa is good at getting a particular sound from the Manics but they always feel like they're in a comfort zone with him which is always a risky step to take when trying to move on musically.
Old 06-02-2012, 21:51
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Eringa is good at getting a particular sound from the Manics but they always feel like they're in a comfort zone with him which is always a risky step to take when trying to move on musically.
Not sure if they will have him as a producer for the next record. We'll have to wait and see. I'm still hoping for Jeff Lynne!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 06-02-2012, 21:59
A self-made vacuum

Location: In a leather bound book of the worlds greatest secrets
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Not sure if they will have him as a producer for the next record. We'll have to wait and see. I'm still hoping for Jeff Lynne!
That would be good but I can actually see the manics avoiding a producer and just demoing the entire lot lol
Old 07-02-2012, 08:23
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
That would be good but I can actually see the manics avoiding a producer and just demoing the entire lot lol
Dammit!
Old 07-02-2012, 14:04
Under neon loneliness

I think now that they have their own studios they'll stick to producing themselves from now on.
Old 07-02-2012, 15:01
Bored out of my mind

James has done bits of production here and there so would be interesting!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:12
Builder of routine

Happy 4th Anniversary of Being a Manics Fan to me! It's been crazy since then, it's gonna be even crazier soon with the European tour. I'm so happy

I think I've reached the point in my fandom, where I accept things without asking or questioning, and I just go with the flow. although it's pretty irritating sometimes when I cancel my Portugal weekend because I have to go to the Manics tour.

My friends keep asking me 'Why are you coming to 3 gigs? Won't they be playing the same songs there?' I shrug, there's no point in explaining them all those reasons and years of fandom.

I also try to be calm when I see or plan things, but inside I'm screaming jumping suffocating fainting. Sometimes only I get overemotional on the outside, you know, but these are those pikes like 'OMG NICKYS SOLO TOUR'. So when there's something announced I have probably died on the inside 100 times.

#very random #very personal #sorry
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03
Doors slowly closing

Happy Anniversary. What was it that happened that means you know the date?
Old 09-02-2012, 13:02
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocultureicons View Post
Happy Anniversary. What was it that happened that means you know the date?
I bought the NME with Glamorous Twins on the cover
Old 09-02-2012, 14:52
Builder of routine

Mine was December 17th 2007, buying SATT, but I'm more excited for the 28th Feb, my first Manics gig, 4 years ago

/feels old
Old 09-02-2012, 15:09
Doors slowly closing

Can't remember exactly when mine was, April-ish in 97 I think. I bought Everything Must Go in the Easter holidays. Or maybe the half term before it.
Old 09-02-2012, 15:46
Builder of routine

this is this NME issue, signed by Nicky now it hangs in a frame above my bed.
Old 24-02-2012, 16:04
Mr Msppedia

There's an advert on TalkSport radio at the moment which uses a jingle that like well and truly completely rips off Firefight