Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 08:21
Stretched out in the sun

Ah, cheers. Now you post them again, I do remember seeing them earlier in the thread. Can you remember how much you picked them up for?
Old 01-10-2011, 14:35
Bored of being bored

Mmmmmmoooooooorrreeeeeeeee
Old 03-10-2011, 18:20
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
Ah, cheers. Now you post them again, I do remember seeing them earlier in the thread. Can you remember how much you picked them up for?
The vinyl albums were about 15 euros and the CD was about 7. My wife is Spanish so I do a lot of record shopping there when we visit the out-laws. Other than the 7" singles you have mentioned, there are also some collectable 12"s too, including Motorcycle emptiness which has a photograph sleeve of the band, Slash and burn and From despair to where. When I get chance I'll put some more pics up.
Old 14-11-2011, 05:03
Freed from the century

Here's mine as of today~

[IMG]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/RTLDG/IMG_1082.jpg[/IMG

Oops, sorry about the huge images -.-"
Old 14-11-2011, 16:03
An imitation of dignity

Hello Alive.

Great collection indeed.

If you visit my blog - http://steg-speakerscorner.blogspot.com - you may find something of interest, but I tend to load images along with posts so you have to look for the posts themselves.

Prices are also a matter of time: something I bought 15 years ago today will be too pricey or carrying along a risk of it being fake.

Best

Stegmastino
Old 14-11-2011, 16:55
Knowlede Is Power

steg, is that a fully signed original press of suicide alley?! :O
Old 14-11-2011, 16:58
A self-made vacuum

It looks like it! Signed items take the value off it for me though. Still pretty cool.
Old 14-11-2011, 17:04
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardsfromayoungman View Post
It looks like it! Signed items take the value off it for me though. Still pretty cool.
why? i got my uk channel boredom and motown junk 7''s signed by nicky and james, is that a bad thing?
Old 14-11-2011, 17:26
An imitation of dignity

It is signed by all four members, it was purchased on auction from Jake Knight about 15years ago.
It is mint, except for the cellotape showing some signs of the time (old fans will remember that Richard had to cellotape the picture sleeves himself).

That copy was published (that is a b/w picture) in a fanzine from Martin Smith (he used to run Spectators of Suicide, he also had some interesting material for sale, I think aI bought a couple of vintage t-shirts).

Last time I saw a signed copy of SA offered by EIL it was around 1,500 pounds. So you make your mind.

As far as I know some copies carried also some collages but I never saw one (not even a pciture, so ...).

I have UK Channel Boredom, but without the accompanying fanzine.

I thank everybody who visited and will visit my blog: http://steg-speakerscorner.blogspot.com
You may want to look at the promotional Zippo or the dog tags (these are much less rare) images too.

Cheers to all

Stegmastino
Old 14-11-2011, 18:12
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganslastwords View Post
why? i got my uk channel boredom and motown junk 7''s signed by nicky and james, is that a bad thing?
It's not a bad thing, do as you wish. But with Suicide Alley, UK Channel Boredom and Feminine is Beautiful etc, I try not to get things like them signed. Sure, I'd get a studio album signed but with that status of rarity I wouldn't want a scratch on it, let alone a scribble.
Old 14-11-2011, 18:13
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegmastino View Post
It is signed by all four members, it was purchased on auction from Jake Knight about 15years ago.
It is mint, except for the cellotape showing some signs of the time (old fans will remember that Richard had to cellotape the picture sleeves himself).

That copy was published (that is a b/w picture) in a fanzine from Martin Smith (he used to run Spectators of Suicide, he also had some interesting material for sale, I think aI bought a couple of vintage t-shirts).

Last time I saw a signed copy of SA offered by EIL it was around 1,500 pounds. So you make your mind.

As far as I know some copies carried also some collages but I never saw one (not even a pciture, so ...).

I have UK Channel Boredom, but without the accompanying fanzine.

I thank everybody who visited and will visit my blog: http://steg-speakerscorner.blogspot.com
You may want to look at the promotional Zippo or the dog tags (these are much less rare) images too.

Cheers to all

Stegmastino
The lighter I'd say is still worth a lot of cash. My dad's got one, they are ace.

EDIT: By the way, your shirt is pretty cool.
Old 14-11-2011, 18:33
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardsfromayoungman View Post
It's not a bad thing, do as you wish. But with Suicide Alley, UK Channel Boredom and Feminine is Beautiful etc, I try not to get things like them signed. Sure, I'd get a studio album signed but with that status of rarity I wouldn't want a scratch on it, let alone a scribble.
i don't think i'll ever sell them so it doesn't really bother me how much they're worth aha
Old 14-11-2011, 18:55
A self-made vacuum

I probably won't sell mine either, I just think they look cooler in original form, framed.
Old 15-11-2011, 15:43
An imitation of dignity

The debate about signed and unsigned items can go on forever and everybody has his/her point.

It was signed, it was mint, I do not know how I managed to win the auction.
I am not so sure about framing records because they have two sides, you have to take out the record anyway to avoid damage to covers, etc.

I thank Postcardsfromayoungman (well, it seems it runs in your family the MSP passion!).
The shirt is an Anarchy Shirt from Seditionaries.

If interested, I loaded pics from Feminine Is Beautiful. Are all the covers of the same colour as mine? If not it will be itneresting to see differences.

Til next time, cheers.

http://steg-speakerscorner.blogspot.com

Stegmastino
Old 15-11-2011, 20:05
Freed from the century

Mine is exactly the same.