Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-05-2018, 13:27
Freed from the century

What is the rarest Manics record of all time?

Earlier today, I spotted someone posted a link somewhere (think it was Manic Street Mania) for a copy of Suicide Alley on sale on ebay.

Now, I've seen a couple of copies of this floating about over the years and one day I will be stupid enough to spend a load of cash in getting one, just not today.

But it got me thinking, what is the rarest Manics record of all time? I'm guessing that it is Feminine Is Beautiful - but I might be wrong. Has anyone on here got either Suicide Alley or Feminine Is Beautiful?

I don't have either, but I've got a UK Channel Boredom stashed away that I;m dead chuffed with. Especially when Bradders told me he doesn't even have a copy of it.

Old 01-05-2018, 13:36
Freed from the century

The ebay post was on Delirium on Helium.

You can find the record HERE.
Old 01-05-2018, 14:47
Knowlede Is Power

I was once in communication with a bloke who said he had a 9" acetate version of Motorcycle Emptiness... never seen mention of that, or anyone selling one, since.
Leeds Uni - 17 Apr 2005
Leeds Uni - 9 May 2007
London Brixton Academy - 12 Dec 2007
Forever Heavenly (London) - 12 Sep 2008
Camden Roundhouse - 30 May 2009
London O2 - 17 Dec 2011
Manchester Ritz - 27 Sep 2013
Manchester Albert Hall - 11 Dec 2014
Tokyo Studio Coast - 8 Nov 2016
Tokyo ZEPP Diver City - 26 Sep 2019
Old 01-05-2018, 15:09
Freed from the century

Someone was selling a copy of the New Art Riot tapes a little while ago, plus the guitar that Richey smashed in the studio. But what I was getting at, rather than than rare versions, was actually rare records that were released as a run - if that makes sense?
Old 01-05-2018, 17:43
A self-made vacuum

There was the 12" that the band did for the Channel 4 programme called On Track. I think 100 were pressed and given out as a competition though some made it onto ebay, I think, about 2 years ago ( I managed to get one) at a very reasonable price.

Other then that there are various promos where the quantities are uncertain. Symphony Of Tourette, is that a few hundred or maybe? theloveof website mentions a Black Garden/ No One Knows promo 12" which I don't think I've ever seen come up anywhere.

Edit:
Also there thats Secret 7" with NSAF that will be limited to 100 copies.

Last edited by Nobody; 01-05-2018 at 17:50.
Old 01-05-2018, 17:48
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
There was the 12" that the band did for the Channel 4 programme called On Track. I think 100 were pressed and given out as a competition though some made it onto ebay, I think, about 2 years ago ( I managed to get one) at a very reasonable price.
So jealous! Would love that version of Tsunami.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 01-05-2018, 18:48
An imitation of dignity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
I managed to get one too! To be honest I didn’t even know what it was or how rare it was at the time and just bought it, glad I did though!

Last edited by Hoosteen; 01-05-2018 at 20:31.
Old 01-05-2018, 23:03
I am purity, they call me perverted

I got this baby
Old 03-05-2018, 09:07
Stretched out in the sun

I’ve got an Australia Lionrock remix white label that has a feedback sheet in there saying it’s only being sent to 20 DJs. That must be bollocks though, seen it come up far more often than Feminine Is Beautiful.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:06
Knowlede Is Power

Man, I miss record collecting. I had to stop when I went to university and had barely any disposable income. Then never really got back into it due to moving house and never getting around to buying another turntable.

I have a pretty decent Manics collection but nothing especially rare I don't think. I'm not up to speed on what is rare anymore. I remember finding the Verses From the Holy Bible flexi-disc in a charity shop for about 25p as they had no clue what it was. And my Masses Against the Classes 10" has a relatively low number on it, I think (all my vinyl is in storage and I haven't been through it in over a year).

I worked in a second hand record shop for a few years between leaving school and going to uni and apparently the week before I started working there, would have been early 2000, some geezer came in and sold his entire Manics collection. Of course it was all gone by my first day. I could have literally got everything they'd done up to that point for next to nothing. My boss loved winding me up about that!

My Christmasses all came on one day during my time there though when someone brought an absolutely mint collection of everything Joy Division had ever put out. It made up for missing out on the Manics stuff a bit.
Old 03-05-2018, 18:59
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
I’ve got an Australia Lionrock remix white label that has a feedback sheet in there saying it’s only being sent to 20 DJs. That must be bollocks though, seen it come up far more often than Feminine Is Beautiful.
I was thinking about that one. I sometimes wonder where people get the numbers for these. Like Canadian Truth picture CD singles I think at one point were said limited 12 copies of each, then I think I saw 200 some other time.