Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 29-05-2015, 22:40
Winterlover

Holy Bible tour live DVD and Documentary?

Went to a screening of the extended Culture, Alienation and Despair in Merthyr tonight, Kiaran was meant to be there but his excuse was that he was away filming the Manics tour in Edinburgh.

Potentially interesting no? We know that Cardiff is being filmed for the Telly!
Old 29-05-2015, 22:47
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I think that will just be it. I get the impression that the GT documentary was more a product of Kieran Evans than the band itself, it just co-incided with the release of the 20th anniversary edition.

I'm extremely pleased that the gig is being filmed, though I doubt it will get a commercial release it caps off what was been superb celebration of a great album. It's worth it alone to have a pro shot video of Mausoleum!

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 01-06-2015, 19:28
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisvanity View Post
Went to a screening of the extended Culture, Alienation and Despair in Merthyr tonight, Kiaran was meant to be there but his excuse was that he was away filming the Manics tour in Edinburgh.

Potentially interesting no? We know that Cardiff is being filmed for the Telly!
Oh no way, you were there? I opened the festival by singing 'Tolerate' acoustically. I was wearing my sprayed up 'culture of destruction t-shirt' and my US military shirt.

Maniac Street Preachers
Condemned to Rock N Roll
Old 01-06-2015, 20:29
Winterlover

Ah I think you sat behind me! Have dark spiky hair!
Old 01-06-2015, 20:59
Bored of being bored

Ahhh mystery solved. Us forever delayed members are like rats, if the Manics are involved then you're never more than 10 feet away from one of us hahaha. I had quite a productive day, opened the festival, postered for the band and then saw that incredible documentary

Maniac Street Preachers
Condemned to Rock N Roll
Old 02-06-2015, 10:48
Winterlover

Wish I could have gone to more of the festival but have been moving house so barely had time for the documentary to be honest!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:07
Stretched out in the sun

They're certainly overdue a live dvd, it's been 14 years!

Thought at the time that it'd be National Treasures to get recorded but heard that even though you can use the screens at the gig, the O2 charge a fortune for recording? You'd think whatever they get out of tickets and the bar would be enough.. Not sure where Cardiff Castle will stand with that kinda thing, would expect they've got to be cheaper, not actually being a concert venue and sure whatever they make out of Friday will be huge compared to what they get out of visits.

I'm quite baffled why there hasn't been another live dvd since Louder Than War, I know the band have slagged off live albums before even though they've never had a problem releasing live stuff on b-sides.. I wonder whether it's reluctance from the band to have a dvd released again or if it's some awkward legal crap that keeps getting in the way. Bit much maybe but fuck it, I'd have loved a dvd from.. not every tour, but every album at least. As for documentary, not really much need for interviews cos they've pretty much said everything they could say about the album. I think a half hour fly on the wall type thing in the style of the one from the Postcards box set would be great though.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:47
A self-made vacuum

He was filming at Manchester last year. it is was just him and a camera which ended up being used for those youtube promos for the US tour.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:50
Doors slowly closing

There may not have been a DVD but there have been LOADS of well produced, televised performances in the last 15 years. Watch those!
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 02-06-2015, 15:42
Stretched out in the sun

I know but as a collector I'd quite like a DVD and the extras it brings.
Old 02-06-2015, 22:22
I am purity, they call me perverted

If not an album, I do hope the audio of the concert will be made available to download - I'd love to have the current live version of these songs in my playlist!
Old 03-06-2015, 19:52
I am purity, they call me perverted

He was tucked away at Wolverhampton and Southampton too. Good use of netting.
Old 03-06-2015, 19:57
Builder of routine

Hasn't this come from the BBC? they want to film it for their music day/celebration thing or whatever so I expect they'll do what they do with Glastonbury... you're free to record what they show on tv but you'll never see it released commercially