Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 01-01-2015, 22:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

The Manics in 2015. Wishes and predictions

Without a doubt 2014 was a fantastic year for the Manics. The first half of the year was dominated by the release of the critically acclaimed “Futurology”. It proved that the band hadn’t become irrelevant with age. The second half of the year saw the focus turn to the 20th anniversary of “The Holy Bible”. The gigs and the re-release of the album. Initially I was a little sceptical of the hype and intentions of the revisiting “The Holy Bible”. I was proved wrong as it was less about that moment in history but a celebration of Richey’s genius and the album.

So what for the band in 2015? The last two years have been great and we have been spoilt with releases. What predications and wishes do FDer’s have for this year? Ideally another new album would be the ultimate, but that might be another year away. That’s if the band have gotten back into writing. Rumours of the soundtrack album could be truthful?

There’s endless posts and wishes for special releases for “Lifeblood”, but I think we have to be honest and say with the bands current and somewhat permanent dislike of the album that’s unlikely. So for me 2015 has to see a special release of “This Is My Truth Now Tell Me Yours”. It’s well overdue. It’s a fantastic album. The height of Nicky’s writing, wonderful songs and when you take in the entire history of the band it is an important album. We need to see a re-mastered edition. Some b-sides, as it possibly is the greatest b-side era of the band, and perhaps some radio sessions, un-released tracks and anything else which might be in the vaults. Of course a booklet with notes, photos has to be included. The album just needs to be re-loved by the band. A release would sit comfortably alongside “The Holy Bible” and “Everything Must Go”. Failing this, re-mastered releases of “Gold Against The Soul” and “Know Your Enemy” would be nice. It’s not too much to ask for is it?

Happy New Year everyone.

Nabokov on Don Quixote
Old 01-01-2015, 22:53
Winterlover

I think they'll play the currently-scheduled handful of gigs, enjoy a good old 'hometown' bash at Cardiff Castle, and quietly disappear for a while. Soundtrack work may emerge after a bit, but that's about it. I wouldn't hold out much hope for anything else whatsoever this year.

Personally I wouldn't be interested in further remasters/anniversary releases, and I don't think they're really necessary. Incidentally I'd also say Truth is far from the best era for B-sides!
Cardiff CIA Aug 2001, Dec 2002, Jan 2005, Swansea Brangwyn Hall May 2005, Hammersmith Apollo May 2005, Cardiff University May 2007, Reading Hexagon June 2007, JDB Spillers Records instore Cardiff May 2009, National Treasures at London o2 Arena Dec 2011, London Roundhouse Dec 2014, JDB at Brickstock fest Cardiff Oct 2016. Maybe also James in Cardiff in 2006, now lost in the fog of memory....
Old 01-01-2015, 23:03
Administrator

I think we'll have to wait till 2018 for a truth one, if at all, sadly. They ignored the 10th after all, and bar the hits gets very little airing at gigs really. Maybe some emg-in-full gigs would be nice.
Old 01-01-2015, 23:04
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

PPF 10th anniversary tour..
Old 01-01-2015, 23:05
Freed from the century

Wouldn't make sense for a reissue of TIMTTMY this year. It's not an anniversary year. Wouldn't mind a 20the anniversary edition, but we'll have to wait for that.

Soundtrack seems most likely after the THB summer shows. With possibly a one-off song towards the end of the year.
Old 01-01-2015, 23:06
Winterlover

I second Bambi's post. Want a few gigs and a break. Wouldn't object to a few tracks or soundtrack pieces. Don't care for more reissues, and only love about half of the Truth b-sides. Would love to hear more of that album live.
Old 01-01-2015, 23:09
Doors slowly closing

How about a best of/greatest hits/singles collection? Haven't had one of those in a while.
Old 01-01-2015, 23:16
Administrator

Just over 3 years is pretty recent, I think one of those could wait a little while. Not been many if any 'hits' since it.
Old 01-01-2015, 23:22
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Wouldn't mind a complete b-sides collection. An EMG remaster would be worthwhile considering the response to the THB one. Doubt they have anything left to put as an extra though...
Old 01-01-2015, 23:31
Doors slowly closing

I seem to prefer film music nowadays, so I'm really excited by this prospective soundtrack.

Have you seen her, have you heard/the way she plays there are no words/to describe the way I feel
Old 02-01-2015, 00:06
Mr Msppedia

I think they'll go to America, Japan and Europe, then the summer dates then have a long well deserved break. Maybe IKTZ 2 and the film soundtrack will appear in that break.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:04
Bored of being bored

My wish for 2015 is a gig in Vancouver
Old 02-01-2015, 05:59
Knowlede Is Power

I thibk it'll be a quiet year in manics world sadly.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:53
Bored of being bored

Location: A Glaswegian who (sadly) failed to make it in Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagainstyou View Post
My wish for 2015 is a gig in Vancouver
YES PLEASE
Old 02-01-2015, 08:37
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
PPF 10th anniversary tour..