Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 03-06-2015, 21:00
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
It wasn't just that everyone was let in at the same time but that we were held up by that woman checking our bags and taking ages giving us even more spiel about what to do once inside...
Oh she annoyed me! She fished my purse out my bag and acted like I'd done something wrong for not taking it out in advance of her checking! "Oh I can't see into your bag because of your purse". There was nothing else underneath it anyway and the whole point is for you to search my bag not for me to take items out of it. Also why did they only check if you had an O2 phone as you were going in? If they really want to give 'priority' to their customers they should at least make sure the only people in the priority queue from the start are with O2. Basically they don't give a shit and are just trying to push pointless promotions on you. That's fine but don't lie to people, make them stand in a separate queue guaranteeing earlier entry then don't actually deliver on it. They knew people had been there all day and to be fair the venue did hand out free pizzas earlier in the afternoon, but the reason people queue early is to get to the front and they must know that. In future I think one of us will stand in the priority queue and the other in the normal queue, seen as each O2 venue seems to make it up as they go along.

As for the gig, definitely the most subdued crowd of all the 3 dates so far. Luckily people round me were getting into it, but there wasn't the same energy as Edinburgh and Wolves. Highlights for me were Removeables and SPLAM and I even enjoyed GP a bit more than the other shows. Totally and utterly bored by Condemned though...sorry! It just does nothing for me and I'd rather hear many other rare songs instead.
Old 03-06-2015, 21:09
Builder of routine

they're not allowed to touch your stuff.. they should ask you to move it.. she didn't really look at my phone... I was grateful the crowd were more subdued.. wolves was hard work

you don't like condemned?? I'm loving it now lol
Old 03-06-2015, 21:14
Bored out of my mind

Ha someone should tell the staff at the O2 Arena they can't touch your stuff; I had a horrible incident with them at the NT gig where they basically asked me to prove James' wallet was his and not stolen and took the wallet off me, to then give back to James when I was finally allowed in the arena to find him and get him to back me up. I made an official complaint afterwards but they barely apologised in their response, which just goes to show how much O2 really care for their customers.

Nope I'm afraid I'm not feeling the Condemned love I wish I did and I'm glad others are enjoying it though.
Old 03-06-2015, 21:31
Builder of routine

aah yeah i remember that.. that was hideous behaviour
Old 04-06-2015, 17:26
Winterlover

Surprised to hear about all the hassle about getting in, had a good experience at this venue, and have had good experienced with O2 queues in the past. I don't mind being several rows back anyway.

Agree about the subdued crowd but I thought the performance was a lot more intense than the previous night, had a much more enjoyable time than anticipated. Been loving the metal wankery of Condemned, and SPLAM and Removables have been unexpected delights.
Old 04-06-2015, 22:41
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim View Post
A very quiet crowd in Southampton, a huge difference between the Wolves crowd.
Enjoyed the gig (I saw more of a Manics show than I ever have in London) but the crowd was kind of what I expected for Southampton, South Coast crowds (with the exception of Kasabian in Brighton) in my experience are quiet in general. Expected that going in so planned to kick back and watch for once, I'm expecting Cardiff to be much more enthusiastic.
Old 08-06-2015, 00:35
Bored out of my mind

Here are a few photos (didn't seem to take many during the second half for some reason):

Last edited by Abstract Unknown Girl; 13-08-2017 at 21:19.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:50
A self-made vacuum

Thank you Abstract Unknown Girl for the pics, here and in the other threads!
Old 10-06-2015, 19:40
Bored out of my mind

It's quite alright