Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 19-09-2013, 15:24
Freed from the century

In total agreement with the small children at the gig, very strange, this guy got very annoyed at everyone around his children when the crowd started going mad for Revol, what the hell did he expect? Overall though a gerat gig. So awesome to here ready for drowning and no surface all feeling! Particular highlights for me.

Feel like the festival's getting a bit of a slating! I thought it was awesome, you couldn't walk around the village for five minutes without bumping into something happening, a dance performance, or a random bunch of musicians or people with light shades on they're heads, or something, could easily of spent a whole day there and not got bored. Similarly the walk round the woods had lots of obscure little things going on. Yes, there were no signs to tell you what was going on, but, having lived in rural wales for years now, it seems that's just the way it's done!

They did totally underestimate the amount of people who wanted to watch the Culture, Alienation, Boredom and despair documentary though! I'd definately go again though, very interesting and beautiful.
Old 19-09-2013, 16:38
Builder of routine

It won best new festival last year didn't it? It sounds like a festival I would like actually but not in that appalling weather which probably made everything a hundred times worse.
Old 19-09-2013, 16:40
Stretched out in the sun

It's got potential but the organisation was shit, very unlikely to go to the festival again but would love to visit the area again another time.
Old 21-09-2013, 14:12
Winterlover

So this thing.

I have concluded that the people who run Fustibul 00006 have no idea what a festival is and thought it would be a lark to 'organise' one anyway. Regardless, I had great company and a great Manics set to make up for a WTFestival. I am very thankful I didn't get rained on, that pink cider exists, and that me, Franny and two other people were going nuts for the Manics in a spot where no other bugger was moving or even singing along (crowd was dead as a doornail where we were, and didn't seem to appreciate us not being). 'Ready For Drowning' was lush, Nicky's rant was brilliantly lulzy and his Richeylove heartwarming, and '30-Year War' sounded like an absolute beast live. I'm really chuffed with myself for managing this after Newport, even if I am really REALLY paying for it now. So worth it. Determined to have it back together for Manchester.

All that dealt with, I conclude with the most important event of the day: the finest round of Manics-themed Scrabble Wales has ever seen.

Unfortunately the genius of us having started a 'Q' was lost in subsequent turns, so I'm making sure it is known of.

Last edited by sofarsideways; 21-09-2013 at 14:26.
Old 22-09-2013, 00:21
Builder of routine

'GHEIS' = 'GAYS' in alcohol/1AM/FMF speak.
Old 23-09-2013, 20:22
Freed from the century

My fave is defs CORWTF, which I think might have been a two-turner?
Old 25-09-2013, 10:29
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrogirl View Post
My fave is defs CORWTF, which I think might have been a two-turner?
Yeah, I suggested RWTF and next turn Rich put CO on front