Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 18-12-2011, 21:40
Bored out of my mind

Just watched the a vid taken of She Is Suffering and it sounded fab to me!

STOP SLAGGING OFF LIFEBLOOD!!!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 18-12-2011, 21:40
Builder of routine

i'm late to the party but last night was fucking fabulous..mirrorball..pink trees..james in a sailor top..nicky in a dress...glitter..tickertape..screens...oh and the songs were pretty good too

Stuart Maconie was sat two rows infront of me which was a bit of a surprise. I thought these celeb types would be well away from us riffraff or isn't he famous enough? Saw simon price aswell when i went to the loo in the break. Purple mohican thing this time.
I took loads of photos despite being in the seats and they came out GREAT.. bit grainy cos it was on maximum zoom but i'm thrilled with them. Even managed to get one of a smiley Nicky. Cheated on some and took pics of the big screen.

As for the songs ..loved the way nixon sounded and Gryff singing Robeson was brilliant. James joining in kinda spoiled it! I really liked Revol too tho that was probably helped by massive crowd participation halfway through. The trumpet was SO much better than a saxaphone during ocean spray and kevin carter.

anyone put off by the seats at the o2 really don't need to be. I've been to 4 gigs there and at all of them everyone stood up. The seats are roomy and theres loads of room to stand and have a dance. It was great to be able to take pics without having heads in the way and being jostled. When i saw the manics at wembley arena in 2002 if you stood up you felt hemmed in and unable to move as the step the seats were on was too narrow. No idea if they're like that now they've refurbed it but it's much better at the o2. I didnt feel detached from the gig at all. Obviously i can understand if people prefer to stand but if its a case of take a seat or don't go then for heavens sake GET A SEAT !
Old 18-12-2011, 21:42
Freed from the century

Not much to add that hasn't be said, last night was absolutely fantastic. Best I've ever seen them, and I'm so happy for the band that it all went well. I started crying during Design For Life and Nicky looked at me in a really concerned way checking I was okay
Old 18-12-2011, 21:45
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by amay View Post
Not much to add that hasn't be said, last night was absolutely fantastic. Best I've ever seen them, and I'm so happy for the band that it all went well. I started crying during Design For Life and Nicky looked at me in a really concerned way checking I was okay
Aaaaaaaaaaaaw! Bless!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 18-12-2011, 21:46
An imitation of dignity

wow what a gig lads you did your self and your fans proud . lovely stage set too . loved the glitter ball .
Old 18-12-2011, 21:48
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
i'm late to the party but last night was fucking fabulous..mirrorball..pink trees..james in a sailor top..nicky in a dress...glitter..tickertape..screens...oh and the songs were pretty good too

Stuart Maconie was sat two rows infront of me which was a bit of a surprise. I thought these celeb types would be well away from us riffraff or isn't he famous enough? Saw simon price aswell when i went to the loo in the break. Purple mohican thing this time.
I took loads of photos despite being in the seats and they came out GREAT.. bit grainy cos it was on maximum zoom but i'm thrilled with them. Even managed to get one of a smiley Nicky. Cheated on some and took pics of the big screen.

As for the songs ..loved the way nixon sounded and Gryff singing Robeson was brilliant. James joining in kinda spoiled it! I really liked Revol too tho that was probably helped by massive crowd participation halfway through. The trumpet was SO much better than a saxaphone during ocean spray and kevin carter.

anyone put off by the seats at the o2 really don't need to be. I've been to 4 gigs there and at all of them everyone stood up. The seats are roomy and theres loads of room to stand and have a dance. It was great to be able to take pics without having heads in the way and being jostled. When i saw the manics at wembley arena in 2002 if you stood up you felt hemmed in and unable to move as the step the seats were on was too narrow. No idea if they're like that now they've refurbed it but it's much better at the o2. I didnt feel detached from the gig at all. Obviously i can understand if people prefer to stand but if its a case of take a seat or don't go then for heavens sake GET A SEAT !
Where were you sitting as I saw Simon Price when I went for a loo break
Old 18-12-2011, 21:48
I am purity, they call me perverted

Definitely worth the 12 hour journey and dent in my savings account, it was brilliant. just sad it went by so quickly, and I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone except briefly with the girl beside me. Also had an issue with echoing in my left ear making James' vocals sound weirdly high pitched (and just the vocals :s) so I had to plug that ear to make things sound normal.

Agree with everyone that Revol was brilliant, Motown junk and You Love Us were really intense as well. Loved it all, really, except for autumnsong and SWSS. LSE did take me by surprise appearing that early on, I think I would have enjoyed it more if it'd been later. Probably in the minority here but I think I preferred the first half, it had almost all of my favourites. I really wish they hadn't ended on ADFL. I used to really like the song but now I'm just a bit bored of it, so it was anticlimactic for me. Not like there was any chance they wouldn't end on it.

Ok, rereading that it sounds like I'm complaining a lot, but really, it was fantastic and if I didn't mention any negatives I'd just be blabbering incoherently about its brilliance.

Last edited by nsebastian; 18-12-2011 at 21:52.
Old 18-12-2011, 21:49
Freed from the century

Simon Price stayed in our hotel, we accosted him whilst he was eating breakfast this morning
Old 18-12-2011, 21:52
Bored out of my mind

Can't wait to receive my t-shirt when David gets round to posting it to me! Looks fab!
Old 18-12-2011, 21:56
A self-made vacuum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesue View Post
Where were you sitting as I saw Simon Price when I went for a loo break
I saw him too - we went over and said hello at the beginning, he was standing on Nicky's side fairly near the front. Didn't see him after that.

Camden Roundhouse 29/05/09 - Brixton Academy 22/01/11 - Hard Rock Cafe London 02/02/11 - O2 Arena 17/12/11 - BBC Radio 2 Festival in a Day 08/09/13 - Shepards Bush Empire 24/09/13 - Brighton Centre 09/04/14 - Brixton Academy 11/04/14 - Rough Trade East 08/07/2014 - Camden Roundhouse 17/12/14 - Cardiff Castle 05/06/15 - Grosse Freiheit 36 Hamburg 26/04/16 - Swansea Liberty Stadium 28/05/16 - Victorious Festival Portsmouth 27/08/16 - London Southbank Centre 19/06/18
Old 18-12-2011, 21:59
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder View Post
Can't wait to receive my t-shirt when David gets round to posting it to me! Looks fab!
I'll get James to hand deliver it to you but you might have a long wait
2001 Brixton, C.I.A.
2002 Millennium Stadium, St. David's Hall, Wembley, C.I.A. x 2
2003 Move Festival
2004 Wembley
2005 C.I.A., Millennium Stadium, Bristol, Swansea
2006 JDB Solus
2007 Cardiff Uni x 2, Bristol, Reading, C.I.A., Bournemouth, Brighton
2008 NME Awards, NME Big Gig, Newport
2009 Roundhouse x 2 , Wolves, Brighton
2010 Millennium Stadium, Newport, Bristol ,Leicester
2011 Brixton, Blackwood, Wolves, C.I.A., JDB Solus, O2 Arena
2012 The Hague, Amsterdam
2013 Newport, Festival No.6, Bristol
2014 Cardiff Motorpoint, Leicester, Wolves, The Roundhouse x 3
2015 JDB at W.M.C, Washington, New York, Boston. Wolves & Cardiff Castle
2016 Brussels, RAH x 2, Swansea, Cardiff, Eden Project
Old 18-12-2011, 22:00
Footprint of history

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalbertie View Post
I saw him too - we went over and said hello at the beginning, he was standing on Nicky's side fairly near the front. Didn't see him after that.
He must have changed sides then as I was sitting over James's side, unless it was a Simon Impersonator
Old 18-12-2011, 22:04
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Just got back home and I can't describe my emotions, amazing amazing gig, I queued up from 7am and it was great to speak to everyone again and meet lots of new people, it was so lovely to finally met Louise and Nic and realy enjoyed spending the afternoon in the queue chatting with them. I was on the barrier practically dead centre in front of James, i loved every song and it was such a good atmosphere down the front. Highlighs for me were Revol, TBTGOG, you love us and stay beautiful, i was not dissapointed with anything. I quite liked the mix up of fast and slow songs, gave me chance to get my breath back as i was totally crushed, i have bruises in places you wouldn't think possible today. James was really smiley, everytime the crowd sang back at him he couldn't help but grin. NIcky was amazing, even after he puled his sholder he carried on, still doing jumps and scissor kicks. They did so well getting through this gig, i did think James wasn't very bouncy initially but then i realised he was probably pacing himself. Loved his sailor shirt. I could go on and on, but all i will say is I will NEVER forget this gig

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 18-12-2011, 22:05
Desire on its knees

A stage of cherry blossom fairy light trees, Nicky Wire in a frock and James in a sailor top. Perfect. I hate YLAINE, but on this occasion it was utterly amazing. I only have one question....Why all the Cuban video footage during Stay Beautiful? Did I miss something?

Lovely to meet Franny, Kelly and Cricri too...along with Alex, Emma and the German and Copenhagen people
Old 18-12-2011, 22:06
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refresher View Post
I'll get James to hand deliver it to you but you might have a long wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeToDeath View Post
Just got back home and I can't describe my emotions, amazing amazing gig, I queued up from 7am and it was great to speak to everyone again and meet lots of new people, it was so lovely to finally met Louise and Nic and realy enjoyed spending the afternoon in the queue chatting with them. I was on the barrier practically dead centre in front of James, i loved every song and it was such a good atmosphere down the front. Highlighs for me were Revol, TBTGOG, you love us and stay beautiful, i was not dissapointed with anything. I quite liked the mix up of fast and slow songs, gave me chance to get my breath back as i was totally crushed, i have bruises in places you wouldn't think possible today. James was really smiley, everytime the crowd sang back at him he couldn't help but grin. NIcky was amazing, even after he puled his sholder he carried on, still doing jumps and scissor kicks. They did so well getting through this gig, i did think James wasn't very bouncy initially but then i realised he was probably pacing himself. Loved his sailor shirt. I could go on and on, but all i will say is I will NEVER forget this gig
Yay! Glad you had an amazing time!