Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 26-12-2009, 18:32
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

mine is really soppy but i feel the manics have turned me around in a big way, but even tho i have been a fan for 17 years it is probably only this year that they have made this huge difference.

This year the gigs i attended i attended with friends, friends which i have made through the manics, something i have never been good at. These friendships have given me confidence in myself again and made me learn to stand up to those who continually try to put me and keep me down. This confidence has then transferred in my life outside the manics and i have now developed myself a great career and made lots of new friends. I have lost a stone in weight, started to take pride in what i wear and i have a social life. I know i could have and have mainly done this myself but the manics gave me the boost to change my life and i am now probably the happiest i have been for a long long time.

2009 has been a great year for me

JUST DIVINE BRILLIANCE
Old 28-12-2009, 11:17
Freed from the century

i can't really say they did anything particularly positive for me. obviously sometimes their music helps but ... that's the case with all music isn't it.
as to the negative... i wouldn't blame them exactly for the issues i've had, though i did for awhile.. but richey certainly played a part in solidifying and validating certain really stupid ideas i had.

one thing that they did though was make me pay more attention to lyrics/influences/all the stuff around the music.

last.fm
Old 28-12-2009, 19:55
Builder of routine

they just make me happy
Old 28-12-2009, 20:12
I live to fall asleep

A Dyson owner. No more complaining in the misery thread about not being able to clean my flat properly!
Old 28-12-2009, 20:52
Knowlede Is Power

They made me proud of being a bookworm. I was always a little ashamed of my love for literature as a child and as a teen, but then they made me realize that being literate didn't make me uncool.
KNOWLEDE IS POWER.
Old 28-12-2009, 20:56
Bored out of my mind

The Manics turned me into an absolute music fiend. I gobsmacked my work colleagues with my music knowledge for a quiz where you had to name the bands just from looking at pics of the members which was on the computer. I suprised myself a bit as well!
"Former glam-punk rocker James Dean Bradfield now looks like your friendly, slightly rumpled Welsh uncle who always brings you chocolate when he visits. That's not a bad thing." - Allister Thompson aka The Gateless Gate (Canadian musician)
Old 06-01-2010, 01:04
Freed from the century

To speak your truth

That knowledge really is power...anytime I didn't understand a reference or I wasn't familiar with a person/place/thing in a song, I went and looked it up. I've read far more books because of them then I did in school, and I'm better for it

I'm proud to be one...but America is not the world

The Manics opened my eyes to things I never noticed, had no prior knowledge of, or didn't care to see...I'm better for this as well.

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 06-01-2010, 01:41
Builder of routine

Are you sure you don't mean Morrissey?
Old 06-01-2010, 01:47
Freed from the century

You know I realized that after I posted. I'm thinking, "Hey, I came up with that...pretty profound." Not-Moz wrote it first.

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Old 06-01-2010, 01:50
Builder of routine

Happens to everyone.