Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 26-01-2018, 17:30
I am purity, they call me perverted

Holy Bible speed sketch

Some of you may have seen the finished sketch on Instagram, but here's Vic Reeves drawing the cover art of The Holy Bible in the time it took "Faster" to play. (Photo from Vic's feed.) That's me on the right in the checked shirt.

Old 26-01-2018, 18:24

I don’t know how to upload my pic. I did it on a post it note but unsure how to post in a reply. It was intense doing it. I would like to see more people post their efforts.
Old 26-01-2018, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
Some of you may have seen the finished sketch on Instagram, but here's Vic Reeves drawing the cover art of The Holy Bible in the time it took "Faster" to play. (Photo from Vic's feed.) That's me on the right in the checked shirt.

What a great idea 💡
Old 26-01-2018, 19:48
Winterlover

What... why... i mean... what? This is completely bizarre.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 26-01-2018, 21:48
Bored of being bored

It's good, but it's not Nicky 'Bald Patch' Wire on TIMTTMY good

(Taken From: https://twitter.com/albumsdrawnbad/s...31836691746816 )
Old 26-01-2018, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
What... why... i mean... what? This is completely bizarre.
It's just something he does as an artistic pursuit. He's done it for charity in the past, but this session was for BBC's The One Show.
Old 28-01-2018, 21:58
Winterlover

Still bizarre to see old jimmy moir sketching the cover of that dark granite obelisk of music. Still, there's a link i suppose, that link being top of the pops. Any image of the finished piece?
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 29-01-2018, 10:03

The story is this:

Jim Moir does speed sketches of record covers in the time it takes for a song to play.

The One Show got wind of this and organized an event, but they wanted stories attached to why the record is important to the person getting it drawn.

I expressed interest in the event on the FB page, and the BBC dropped me a line to ask if I had a story. I said I did (the wife and I met due to The Holy Bible), and they asked us to come along and be filmed.

The edited piece will probably air within the next couple of weeks.

And here's a link to the finished sketch:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeYZ59QhZ6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Still bizarre to see old jimmy moir sketching the cover of that dark granite obelisk of music. Still, there's a link i suppose, that link being top of the pops. Any image of the finished piece?
Old 02-02-2018, 20:55
Winterlover

Cool. I'll have to look out for that, though it would involve having to sit through an episode of the one show...
Old 09-02-2018, 09:20
I live to fall asleep

Cool I didn't know Vic Reeves did art. I'll watch just to see this. Bit of nice exposure for the Manics too I guess on the show which is always good
Old 09-02-2018, 09:26

This is on The One Show tonight, folks. I have it on good authority that the wife and I come across as gurning dorks.
Old 09-02-2018, 23:11
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
This is on The One Show tonight, folks. I have it on good authority that the wife and I come across as gurning dorks.
Hah, no, you both came across great I thought. Seemed like a lot of fun.

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---
Old 11-02-2018, 23:04
Winterlover

Quote:
Nah, don't be daft, you came across great. Particularly liked your comment about being brought together through an album of death, destruction and misery.

So faster was played on totp to a record number of complaints, the presenters were vic and bob... 24 years later we have vic drawing the album cover while said song plays on the bbc. The circle is complete.